“Fantastic food and friendly staff”
Review of Rum Shandy

Rum Shandy
Ranked #61 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Rum Shandy is a Cabana Restaurant & Bar located in the heart of Frenchtown in the U.S Virgin Islands. Serving fresh sea and land specials and sandwiches
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon Rum Shandy by accident. So happy we did. Best fish of our trip! It was a slow afternoon, so talked with the staff and they were awesome! Some of the most fun of our trip!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Have been to St. Thomas four times in the past 6 years and discover something new every time.
Had been to Frenchtown before and wanted to explore some and was glad we did. We parked by the ball park and decided to just walk around to see what's there and discovered several places all within a few blocks and in walking distance of each other. The Rum Shanty was new and the first place we stopped. A great open air bar and restaurant with great food and drinks. They have $3, $4, and $5 food and drink specials. We had Naked Coconut Shandy (drink) with Tower of Onion Rings, Frenchtown Nuggets ( bite size fish in tempura batter) and Lettuce Wraps (filled with fish, red onion, tomato, jalapeno, aioli and lime juice. All were divine! Can't wait to go back when we're there next year!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We ended up in Frenchtown since we were staying nearby and decided to give Rum Shandy a chance. The place was absolutely amazing, and greatly priced! They had tons of drinks and appetizer specials and our group quickly made friends with the waitresses, the bar tender, the owner, and the cook! They were all so friendly and welcoming that we ended up staying for hours. I was craving mozzarella sticks by the end of the night so I asked if they had any to which I got the reply that they didn't but that the chef could make me some anyway. I declined but they ended up bringing me out some anyway. They were the BEST I had ever had! They're not on the menu though and our group was trying to push them to put them on, so if you're ever in the area, stop by and ask for Wicked Good Sandy Sticks.. since that's what we named them! They were so amazing, that we actually ended up ordering another order of them and convincing a few of the tables around us to try them too. I wish we had found this place earlier in the week because I have a feeling we would have spent many nights here since the place was so welcoming and the staff was amazing. I'll be letting anyone and everyone I know who's visiting St Thomas to go to this place, so you should too!!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had lunch at The Rum Shandy and it was amazing! We had never had a shandy before and we were pleasantly surprised at how good they were. The fish tacos were delicious! The staff ae very friendly and helpful. I recommend The Rum Shandy to all who love great food, drinks and great company.

1  Thank Doris907
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stumbled upon the Shandy because we couldn't get in the Pie Whole next door as we did not make a reservation. The staff couldn't be more attentive and fun. They have every day drink and appetizer specials. All the food was excellent, the onion rings are incredible. Best part, someone in our group wanted mozzarella sticks which were not on the menu. The Chief whipped up some mozzarella sticks with the same batter as the incredible onion rings.... UNBELIEVABLE!
so good, these need to go on the menu. We went back again the night before we left for more wicked good shandy sticks and drinks. At the end of the night we had drinks with all the staff. We cant wait to go back to St. Thomas and visit our new friends at the Rum Shandy again!
Ron & Tricia. Boston Mass.