Stormy Petrel & Pirate's Penny Motor Yachts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 42' Classic Motor Cruisers specializing in Private Charter & Per-Person Island Hopping Trips in the US & British Virgin Islands. We originated the Per-Person Island Hopping trip and have been sharing and perfecting the experience ever since. Our stops have been carefully chosen to offer a varied, exciting, and unhurried introduction to the B.V.I. Come, let us show you the neighborhood! Choose a Private Charter to explore the U.S. and B.V.I on your schedule, tailored to your activity preferences. Our highly experienced Captains can help you find the perfect route and stops for your day based on weather and sea conditions.Snorkel Gear, Floats & Float Vests, Fresh Water Shower & Full Open Bar on board. Comfortable sunning and shaded seating. Maximum 10 Passengers on Pirate's Penny and 12 Passengers on Stormy Petrel.
“Wow!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Thanks Jug and Megan! We had the most amazing time! The snorkeling was fantastic and the entire trip was very well run.

St. John
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Spectacular Day!!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We did the Stormy Petrel trip last week and had an unbelievable time. I've been to The Baths on Virgin Gorda several times, but this trip was an entirely new experience. They showed me The Baths in a way I've never seen it. Captain Jug and First Mate Carrie (Carey? I hope I spelled your name right.) were awesome. I've been living in the USVI for 14 years and thought I pretty much knew everything. I didn't, but maybe I do now. They were so knowledgeable about island history, pirate legends, and the geology of the how The Baths came to be. I was definitely impressed. They're also hilarious! So easy going and mellow, but focused on their guests. They provided snorkel gear and an open bar with Stoli! I was so excited. Lunch at Cooper Island was fun and who can't have a good time at White Bay on Jost van Dyke. Don't forget to drink a painkiller at The Soggy Dollar. Overall, it was the best day I've had so far this year. Thank you so much Carrie and Jug! I really needed it.
Mad loves from STJ,
Tyler

Jupiter, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience! "Don't be scared"!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our 3rd trip to the baths, and it was by far the best! We went on the pirate's penny, with Captain Galen and Mate Megan. We were picked up in cruz bay. We went to the baths at virgin gorda, lunch at cooper's island, and then the Indians. Galen and Megan were very knowledgeable, entertaining and accommodating. My children, 9 and 11, my mother in law, my husband and I all loved hearing captain Galen's (tall) tales! We learned about the BVI's and saw the baths in a unique way. I was worried that since my husband and I had visited the baths twice already, we might not enjoy it as much as my mom in law and the kids. I was mistaken! We were taken on a private tour of the baths. We climbed over rocks, through crevices, under boulders and even up to the top of the baths, all while being regaled with interesting stories filled with facts, and some "cheesy" jokes. The tour of the baths ended with an optional cliff jump! I had been to the baths before but this time I really experienced them! Lunch was great. The snorkeling at the Indians was amazing! And our crew stayed with us the entire time, occasionally pointing out interesting fish or lending a hand. We have tried the public ferry and a few of the larger (30 people) trips. I can honestly say, this is the best excursion we have taken! "A++"! "Don't be scared"!

1 Thank ekemilykelly
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I researched some day tripping options in St. John during our 1 week stay. I chose this company because of the tripadvisor reviews and they were incredibly helpful and easy to arrange.

We spent the day with Jug and Carrie. They picked us up in Cruz Bay and took us around the islands and thru the Baths in Virgin Gorda. They were incredibly knowledgeable about the areaso they would stop and tell us stories, point out areas of interest and kept us well hydrated with rum punches. We had a ball.

They have thought of everything with this trip - bring your towels, sunscreen and passport and you will not be disappointed. Thanks for making the day so memorable!!

1 Thank PbarryVA
Denver, Colorado
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A++”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is the #1 trip in St Thomas. I didn’t think that being on a boat for the day could be better than being on the beach, but it was. There were 12 guests on this trip to the famous Baths of Virgin Gorda, my husband and I were 2 of them. This was much cooler than the boats that had 30 people on them.

I reserved by email before I went on the trip out of Red Hook, St Thomas on the east side of the island; they also pick up out of Cruz Bay, St John. Captain Al called me back about my questions on motion sickness and fear of swimming the 150 yds or so to shore. When the time came and we had 2 stops without a dock, he was more helpful than my husband.

I had an absolutely fun time, so don’t sweat it if you can’t swim or snorkel well. They are pros. I wish my camera was waterproof because this was the spectacular turquoise water scenery I came to see in the islands, There is, however, one uploaded photo of how I got to shore and back to the boat, and another of Captain Al and Megan, who I wish to thank for the best day trip of my vacation.

Visited May 2014