“Enjoyable!”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amalia Cafe is a delightful open air Spanish themed restaurant in historic downtown Palm Passage, Charlotte Amalie. The menu is heavy on tapas, with favorite Spanish entrees like Paella or Zarzuela. Enjoy a taste of Spain in the Caribbean.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This Spanish restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The location is picturesque, down one of the little alleys in downtown Charlotte Amalie. That being said the location is also tourist rip-off central and most of the restaurants we found there had terrible food. This was the major exception. The food was excellent. I had a perfectly cooked piece of Hake in light, fresh verde sauce that I would easily order again. The service was also good.. relaxed and friendly, but efficient and professional.
I would definitely recommend a diner here during your stay on St. Thomas.

3  Thank kgrisham

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I had just arrived in STT and were wandering around downtown looking for a place that wasn't serving burgers. Amalia Cafe is absolutely phenomenal...no indoor seating, tucked away in the alley of the old warehouses right on the waterfront. The paella was the best we have had and we've tried a lot all over the world! The waiter was busting his rear to take care of the few tables that were out there and ensure we were all taken care of. The owner showed up later and we engaged in a great discussion about his place and St. Thomas and his family. Absolutely perfect little spot to start your vacation on St. Thomas whether you are in the Charlotte Amalie area or not.

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It is tucked in the alley next to palm passage shopping right on the waterfront. Great atmosphere to go along with the food and service. A must when visiting downtown St Thomas.

2  Thank slotboss
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My boyfriend surprised me with a night at Amalia Cafe during our stay in the VI and were definitely not disappointed. It was fantastic! We went mid-week in the 'off season' just before 6pm so we virtually had the place to ourselves. The place is awesome! The sangria is wonderful and even my BF loved it. But OMG the food. I felt like I was back in Barcelona! We shared the mussels in a tomato broth (amazingly good), the chorizo (delicious), the escargot (fantastic) and the stuffed peppers (mouthwatering). Everything was amazing. We had absolutely no room for dessert but I'm sure it would have been awesome too. I would definitely recommend this place and will certainly go back when we're next in Charlotte Amalie.

3  Thank alidee7
Reviewed 5 July 2014

what can I say...first time I ate at this killer café was in 06...I had just moved back to the VI from Puerto rico to manage the frenchmans cove time share construction.....AMAZING food and prices were very reasonable(I had lived on st john for 13 years so anything on st Thomas was a bargin!) cant say enough about the food, the staff...mr maynard is the man, had a problem one time with mussels...nothing major, brought out a fresh plate, no charge and brought a pitcher of their killer white sangria...in the 5 years I was on st Thomas I was there at least once every 2 months..more if I wasn't working crazy hours...prices are awesome,the staff has always been great and its all a reflection of the owners...im now a restaurant owner in largo florida and I have to admit...ive used some of maynards stay cool methods...stay cool..every one works together and everyone wins!...so happy to see you guys still going and doing great!..we hope to be down next year...my wife has never been to the islands so you know the first place im taking my chef wife!

2  Thank Dan D