“Dianna Rose was perfection at every turn!”

Review of Dianna Rose

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dustin J
Missoula, Montana
“Dianna Rose was perfection at every turn!”
Reviewed 26 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

My words will fall far short of the experience we had aboard the Dianna Rose but I will try anyway. My wife and I joined two other couples (all friends) to celebrate a birthday. We have never partaken of a boat trip, cruise or anything of the sort so we were uncertain what to expect but had heard good things from our friends.

First of all, the crew immediately put us at ease and made us feel very welcomed as we boarded. As we put our footwear in the basket we had no idea how awkward they were going to feel once we put them back on after a week without them. Britta immediately welcomed us with the signature Dianna Rose cocktail which was amazing. As we would learn, all of her drinks were amazing. Both her and her husband Joseph, our Captain and Chef, were very friendly and accommodating. It’s hard to describe but they always there when we needed them and were always very respectful of our privacy at the same time. It made for zero awkwardness from the get go and really put us all at ease and we all felt like family (only better because we all got along and my family isn’t nearly as expert with food and drink as Joseph and Britta). Joseph is a more than able Captain and took us to some incredible destinations during our week long voyage. Where he truly shined was in the small ships galley. His years of culinary schooling and further years of experience on other boats and restaurants proved to be one of the more memorable parts of the week. I am a fairly picky eater and I can honestly say that I didn’t have a bad bite of food the entire time. Quite the contrary, Joseph’s creations were some of the best meals I have ever eaten in my life! From the daily “Miracle Basket” (as I named it) of various delicious baked treats to the desert course after dinner where one of his creations was topped with a home made marshmallow, his artistry and skill was simply amazing.

Britta, not to be outdone, was our mixology ninja. I believe that she is part psychic as I can’t recall a moment where my drink was empty for more than a few seconds before she would appear from no-where to offer another. In the morning she always said “good morning” as she handed me my favorite wake up beverage. She was always on the lookout for doing anything she could to make us more comfortable. Our cabins were clean and tidied up daily and she was always at the ready with paddle boards, our snorkeling equipment or the ever present and too often enjoyed “intoxicator”.

During the week we enjoyed the sights at our various destinations as well as getting in some incredible snorkeling, fly fishing, beach time and other local activities. Both Joseph and Britta were very knowledgeable about the attractions of the area and the history as well. Relaxation was not a problem nor boredom the whole week. We were also very lucky to find out that being on deck on a catamaran at night is one of the best places to view a meteor shower. That was an incredible night.

I can’t go on without mentioning the boat mascot and Chief Moral Officer Zoiey. She is a small dog but she was my buddy for the trip and was always very happy to great us each morning as well. She is extremely well behaved, and much like Britta, she just seemed to know when she needed to be there for you.

All in all our week on the Dianna Rose has ruined us for any other sea vessel trips in the future. I can’t imagine how any crew or boat could do things better then Joseph, Britta, Zoiey and the Dianna Rose. The next time we want to spend a week on the water, we will be contacting our “family” on the Dianna Rose. The Carribean wouldn’t be the same without them.

Your age range 35-49
gary996
New Canaan, Connecticut
“18 Year Old son declares "coolest thing I have done my whole life!"”
Reviewed 21 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My wife, Son (18) and daughter (19 ) and myself had the privilege to sail aboard Dianna Rose mid August. Captain Joseph and 1st mate and his wife Britta are an outstanding team and our trip was flawless. They are highly professional, extremely knowledgeable and just flat out good people. Capt Joseph had an awesome itinerary and his meals were just outstanding. dinners as good as some of the nicest restaurants in Manhattan. Lunches were delicious and breakfast was spot on. every day. every way. fresh bakes breads and muffins every day. not one meal was repeated. Britta is amazing. 100% attentive while giving you 100% privacy. a true "mixologist" she is master of the perfect cocktail for the hour of the day/evening and makes the blender sing. Don't forget Zoey. Britta's dog Zoey is the most interesting animal on the planet and really completes the whole scene. Every route, bay, stop off and snorkel site were exceptional. The boat was clean and well provisioned. It wont be long before the secret is out and this boat is book with repeat customers. Look no further

Your age range 50-64
Traveler5...
Central Florida, Florida
“Perfect Crew, Fabulous Adventures, Delicious Meals, Super Charter!”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Our 3rd charter through the USVI and BVI, our 1st charter on the SV Dianna Rose with an amazing crew couple, Britta & Joseph, hands down, our entire family rates this charter, as the best. We have to return to continue on this great adventure with these two. The meals are simply elegant and delicious. Muffins, breakfast and dinner breads, pasta, sauces, glazes, cookies, dessert - all Joseph's creations are all fresh, from scratch, and made daily from the yacht galley! Amazing. Some of our favs were warm morning muffins, crepes, jerked pork tenderloin, mahi fish tacos, mmm the slaw, and homemade chips and salsa, scallops, churros, filet and lobster, yellow fin tuna - Joseph's description upon serving and plating is much more elegant with all the flavor - he is a master in the kitchen and also the captain. Very vigilent on safety, routes, weather, moorings/anchorages, yet super adventurous for sites, destinations, and water sports. Britta is spot on with her mixed drinks and frozen concoctions. Tasty! Her timing is impeccable on service. The boat is kept clean and comfortable. Rooms are spacious with ample room and storage. Comfy bean bags on the bow with plenty of seating and breezes through the trampoline. During our six days,the beds are made daily with turn down service, and linens and towels are refreshed during our stay. There's much to be done, but as a guest; invisible and seamless. A true team, while Joseph is motoring or sailing, Britta is a prepping the deliciousness for lunch and dinner. She ensures all your needs are met, drinks, water toys, comfort, onboard games, excursions to shore, snorkel gear, and your dive instructor. We experienced 5 incredible dive sites with our 16 & 17 yo divers with depths from 45-80 feet. Lots of site choices and input for conditionally weather/surf dive sites, not a a routine dive boat. Britta is well informed and keeps the experience safe and fun. It was very realxing and calm to dive with Britta.

There was some new bays and snorkel sites, enjoyed Fallen Jerusalem, the chimney snorkel near The Dogs, overnight in eustacia sound, brewers bay - wakboarding, Mahoe Bay, St. John, Ginger Island - Atlantic side route post Alice's Wonderland Dive, monkey point rock climb and jump, sandy cay walk and swim' even the bubbly pool where the surge is awesome with the north sweep,
(Our July timing is low swell - but it was still cool) - this crew / charter is fabulous. . Highly recommend and we plan to return next year. Weave a new list of to do's based on Joseph and Britta's knowledge of the area and suggestions based on our previous experiences. As we said our good-byes with taxi services arranged by the captain, another thank you and best in class service style, 3rd time is a charm! Don't miss out on this crew and sailing vessel Dianna Rose. Spectacular, oh, forgot the stern tie off - unique service to this boat for pitch perfect night breezes in the aft and steady good sleeps!

Your age range 35-49
KarenBill...
Warwick, New York
“Dianna Rose and Crew will be your perfect getaway!”
Reviewed 21 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

If you are looking for a perfect vacation look no more! This trip far exceeded all of our expectations! If service, food, attention to detail and some of the best snorkeling, is what you like then this is the trip for you. The husband and wife crew are simply amazing! Joseph, Chef/Captain will blow your mind with the incredible meals he prepares fresh daily for you! Britta, his wife and right hand is also a dive instructor and is a blast to snorkel with! She truly loves the sea (I think she is part mermaid) and makes you feel totally confident and secure while snorkeling. The attention to detail aboard this 50 foot catamaran, Dianna Rose is 5 star! The couple have local knowledge of this beautiful sailing destination and a love of what they do that will leave you speechless (as I was when we had to say goodbye with tears in my eyes). They are so professional and really care about your needs. You will want for nothing, other than another week aboard! See you next year Joseph and Britta!!!

Your age range 50-64
Kathleena...
Oakland, New Jersey
“The crew of the Dianna Rose were amazing and exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed 18 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The husband and wife team crew this vessel with the upmost attention to detail. If you are looking for the vacation of a lifetime, book a charter on this amazing vessel. The food was five+ star as well as the service. Joseph (captain and chef) and Britta (crew, service and amazing underwater guide-she is a mermaid) will delight you with their local knowledge and selection of destinations throughtout the BVI. This team is professional, insightful, and so much fun to spend time with. Joseph and Britta reviewed our groups individual perference sheets and made sure our needs were absolutely met. The boat is well equipped, comfortable and spotless. We enjoyed this trip so much we plan on rebooking again next year. Dianna Rose and crew get 5+stars!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing