For our special occasion we were very disenchanted by this Marriott 's 48 million dollar renovation. The premisses were beautiful, but that is where it ended. Apparently Apple Vacations that I booked the trip through did not tell them it was for our 40th Anniv. There was nothing shown that they over-excelled & told us they were not aware of it. We were in charge of transporting our luggage to & from our room. When asked to have a different room upon checking in as the view was anything but appealing... viewing the valet parking & entrance to hotel. They said that was the room in which we were assigned & there was absolutely nothing they could do to change it, but adding they would see what they could do by giving us a different room after a couple of days. We never were thought about after that & when we checked about it a couple days later said there was nothing they could/would do about it. Staff was not friendly &/or very accommodating at all. They did what they had to, to get by each day. We had to request bath towels, wash cloths, toilet paper, & other room amenities each repeatedly on separate days. After a power outage an evening or 2 A/C would run constantly.
This Marriott property is divided into three areas - The Cove (timeshares), The Reef (main hotel) where we stayed 7 nites & the Morning Star Inn (a series of small buildings with it's own beach, pool & 2 restaurants; 1 of which is not included in AI; which was fine w/us because we heard throughout our stay from various other guests it was terrible dining). Not until we returned home did we find out there were shuttles that run between the Reef & the Morning Star throughout the day/evening. We always walked the 97 plus steps, & area back & forth everyday. Breakfast buffet each AM (Reef) was very good. Dinner reservations were required each evening at the Sunset Grill(Reef); service/food was ok. Ate at Coco Joe's (Morning Star Inn) a few evenings, no reservations needed, service/ food was better there. For a small fee a boat shuttle/taxi takes you to the town of Charlotte Amalie, shops/restaurants. Suggestion as we did: Time your trip for a day to town when ships are not scheduled to come into port, thus less people in shopping areas. Expect to travel by taxi or rental car if you plan to explore at all. We took an excursion (booked through Adventure Tours, located in lobby of hotel. They were very accommodating, & very well worth the $$) to St. John, USVI. Having taken a short taxi ride we enjoyed an awesome dinner at Mim's Seafood Bistro...highly recommended... w/90% seafood served caught in the area... ... fantastic & delicious /less expensive than at resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie