The title says it all. Yes, the hotel is "water front", and yes, they have 2 infinity pools, however the service does not match the price tag, not even close.
The fact that this is supposed to be one of the top hotels on the island scares me. We stayed on the Morning Star Beach, and had an ocean view/beach front room. The room was pretty nice, relatively spacious and fairly clean. The walls are thin, so expect to hear your neighbors; both above you, and next-door. We had problems getting into our room on the 1st attempt, as the keys they provided were not coded properly. I called the front desk to have new keys brought to our room, and no one ever showed up. I went back, got new keys, and they acted as if it were my fault that the keys did not work. This happened again during our trip, with the same outcome. Apparently the keys cannot get wet. Seems odd considering that the room is beach front, and there are pools, right? Don't get in the water w/a key in your pocket.
With the exception of Havana Blue (an exceptional, privately owned restaurant on the Morning Star Beach property), the hotel food is poor, to say the least. The prices are exorbitant, and the service is appalling. My Wife & I had breakfast in Coco Joe's one morning, and our server literally threw our food & drink down at us, and blatantly ignored simple requests pertaining to our breakfast order. You would think that the hotel staff is held there against their will by the way they act, and their attitude. No one greets you, says hello, or is remotely pleasant.
We stayed at this hotel as guests attending a wedding; literally every guest (including the groom) said that they felt the service was poor, and incredibly disappointing for what is supposed to be one of the premiere resorts on the entire tiny island.
Fortunately, we relocated to St. John after 3 nights at Marriott Frenchmen's Reef. I highly recommend you skip this, and do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie