I recently returned from "the Reef", and it was an EXCELLENT trip!! I hated to leave my home away from home! The people on this, and neighboring, island are truly amazing! There is no bad room at this hotel, we stayed on the side with a harbor view and loved seeing the cruise ships dock and ship out. The pier is really cool, night kayaking looked like a lot of fun! You can take the ferry into town or over to St. John, which is HIGHLY recommended. Trunk beach is beautiful, I felt like I was in a James Bond movie at some of these beaches. The reef is a bit of a distance and will require a car or taxi ($6 pp ea. way) and can get expensive. I liked liberty beach which is near the airport (if you don't mind a little plane noise every so often, I barely noticed it) and will stay on that side the next time, just closer to everything.
The hotel is expensive, but everything is expensive on these islands. Go to Kmart, yes Kmart, to get bottled water, bread, snacks and LIQUOR to keep in your room. Get a breakfast bagel in the morning at the gift shop on site. The portions at Coco Joe's are very big, we decided to get an appetizer and sandwich for lunch to share and that was more than enough for two. Get the bucket drink for $13 and then bring it with you when you return, this time it's only $9 and it's a big drink. Havana Blue was really nice, take your discount card for 5% off. If going to St. John, go early. If you rented a car, take the car ferry ($25 each way), get floats from the hotel and head over to Trunk beach ($4 pp) to enjoy the day. Parking is a trip over there though. Take the sail trip to the BVI on the Bad Kitty and get ready for a great time. It's $150, plus $30 tax and money for lunch. It is soooooooo worth it!! You could also charter a boat and go on your own time but the Baths are incredible!! Bring $ to shop, excellent shopping for jewelry. Get ready for an AWESOME trip! Go work out with Ruthie, I was sore for 2 days after her Zumba class and tell Sarah at the front desk, her sister Lolita said hello and she misses her much! I cried when it was time to go! Best money spent with wonderful accommodations and heavenly people!! Muahh!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie