My husband and I stayed for 6 days in April. The hotel was not overly impressive. The rooms had dirt and mold around the vents on the ceiling. Since the ceilings were vaulted I assume it was too much of a hassle for anyone to get up there and clean. The daily cleaning started out great, but throughout the week it became progressively worse.
The pool was nice. Closed early once due to a "private event, " which was great for those attending, but not so much for those of us that were not.
We enjoyed the weekly manager reception. The staff was ok, but not the most attentive.
We typically purchased breakfast in the gift shop. We did have the breakfast buffet one day and it was worth the price, but not something I would do every day.
I got a pedicure and manicure at their spa. It was overly priced for what I received, but that is probably to be expected at a resort. What bothered me was that the staff was late and the area was cluttered. It was not as relaxing as it should have been.
With all that said, the VI and BVI experience was amazing. I have been all over the Caribbean and Hawaii and by far, the water here was better than anything I have seen. If you go, plan an excursion to Virgin Gorda and the BVI. It will make the entire trip worth it.
We are planning a trip back, but will be staying on the BVI. The island was much nicer and it was an easy ferry ride. If you want to do the VI on a budget or bring kids I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie