I read many reviews and was a little nervous what we had booked at first. As soon as we arrived all my worries went away. We were greeted as soon as we walked in to the beautiful open air lobby. We originally booked a water view with a balcony and were put in a room on level one with a view of the tennis court and a small view of the water. We could deal with the view, but really wanted a balcony for a little more privacy. Carissa was more than helpful and immediately searched for a room to put us in......5th floor with a balcony and water view.....Perfect!
The room we stayed in was renovated and did not smell like mildew (one of my concerns from what I had read). The only complaint with the room is the walls are paper thin and we could for the most part hear our neighbors. Other then that our AC went out in the middle of the night and we locked ourselves out of our safe (our own fault), but someone came to fix both issues immediately.
The food, yes it's expensive but what do you expect....you're on an island that feeds off of tourist....of course it's going to be expensive! We ate at Coco Joe's the most because it's laid back and right off of the beach. The portions are huge, you could get away with sharing a burger for lunch. Our favorite dinner was at Havana Blue, they have the best mashed potatoes!! We never once had terrible service at any of the restaurants on the resort.
Overall we found everyone at the resort to be incredibly helpful and friendly! The resort itself is in a beautiful location on the island with easy access to things. It was a little pricey, but you're on vacation in paradise......you should expect to pay more! We would definitely stay again and would recommend it to family and friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie