My wife and I joined my in laws for 4 days over Thanksgiving. The Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star were originally separate hotels....because they are 1/2 mile away from each other and you have to walk up 97 steps to get up to the main hotel!! To bad for us that the hotel elevator wasn't working!!! so it was either the walk the 1/2 mile and climb the 97 steps (i am not exaggerating) or wait for a shuttle. Little did we know that there was a college basketball tournament that took over the entire hotel so on Saturday night when it was pouring rain we had to wait 40 minutes. Pillows were lumpy potato sacks, the towel rack was falling down in our bathroom, the in-room ice machine noise was enough to wake the dead and the walls are paper thin. And yes, the beach is right there...only 30 feet wide and are not very protected ...and the cabanas are $150 per day. \
the only nice thing i can say is about the Havana Blue Restaurant which is inside the Morning Star but is independent of the hotel and quite nice
The Ritz Carlton is a much better choice on the island. Would never come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. Our US Virgin Islands hotel in St. Thomas features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie