Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were originally scheduled to spend our 3 day weekend at another hotel on the island. Or reservations had vanished for some odd reason. However, this hotel was very accommodating. I am so pleased that we were able to find this excellent hotel. The staff was fantastic. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous with incredible views. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samuel K
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for recommending Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort. I am so pleased we had a room for you and were able to exceed your expectations in service and quality! Before your next stay, call ahead so we can greet you as a returning guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,582)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Whenever I visit a new resort I am always VERY much attentive to the Customer Service I receive due to my own interactions with the public here in the states within my own job. I TRULY appreciate GREAT customer Service and while staying at the resort this year I received some of the best from two individuals named Yvonne and Will while I was basking in the Beautiful St. Thomas sun. The two of them always made sure I had a towel ready AND gave EXCEPTIONAL advice when I was ready to leave the resort and venture out into an area which I knew nothing about. They gave me GREAT directions in order to see the town and good places to visit. I hope that this will get into the right hands so that they are honored for their help. As I said previously I work in an area where I too deal with the public. Doing this well is not something I take lightly! KUDOS to Yvonne and Will for their continual help which truly highlighted my visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for pointing out Yvonne and Will for their outstanding customer service! Our leadership team will recognize them personally for not only adding comfort to your stay but also assisting you with island attractions. We hope another visit to St. Thomas will be in your upcoming plans!
Boston, MA
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We got to the Frenchman's Reef almost by accident. Due to another hotel's mistake we found ourselves without a place to stay! This error was the best thing that could have happened. We could see this hotel across the harbor and decided to drive over and check to see if they could accommodate us. From that point on we were treated wonderfully. The front desk did everything they could to make us happy. We ended up with a lovely room overlooking the harbor. A beautiful room with a beautiful view.
We tried all the restaurants on the property. Some good meals, some only ok meals. Certainly more money than off the property. Coco Joe's was a lot of fun!
The beach was beautifully maintained as well the rest of the property.
I can't say enough about the people we dealt with at this hotel. Everyone was professional, courteous and helpful.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The stairs to the beach are long. If you're more interested in the beach than the pool stay at...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank littlee876
We’re delighted to hear you were pleasantly surprised with the service, room and meals at Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort. I am pleased we were able to accommodate you. Your recommendation is truly appreciated!
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 May 2014

From the minute we arrived, we were greeted by a very professional and kind bellman by the name of Ken. He helped us to our room and provided us with a list of places to go around the island. We greatly appreciated his warm welcome to the island as well as his awesome customer service. We were also greeted daily by our room attendant who would always be sure to ask how our stay was going. The front desk assistants were always nice and willing to answer any of our questions throughout our stay. Despite the island being packed due to carnival season as well as cruise ships docking each day, the Morningstar was so beautiful that I did not mind relaxing at the hotel and missing some of the festivities happening in town.

I must say staying at Morningstar (Marriot) made our trip all the more better. It is in a great location and the views are to die for!! Hands down, I would be back here again during my next trip to St. Thomas! I would definitely recommend this hotel to all as well. Even the room attendant who cleaned our room greeted us with a smile each day and asked how we were enjoying our stay.

Not only were the rooms clean, the hotel grounds were flawlessly kept, and the ocean was breathtaking! If you are looking for quality customer service, definitely stay at the Marriot Morningstar.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kel P
Thank you for these lovely sentiments. We appreciate each and every comment about our team and we’ll be sure to give Ken the nod he deserves. Morning Star is a great choice for those wishing to hear the waves at night and be a few steps away from the sand by day. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We totally enjoyed our stay at this fine resort. We have stayed there many times and it just keeps getting better. Our great experience began at check in. We felt as if we were special guests with the treatment we received at check in. We enjoyed our return to the Sunset Grill where many of the staff remembered us, especially the server Emlyne . She makes us feel right at home. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with a great assortment of selection of food.
Our room in the main building was superior and always kept clean by the staff.
We had a great time and can't wait to return. It's a comfortable relaxing place to spend a vacation.
Don & Sue

Room Tip: Rooms facing the harbor or ocean offer a beautiful view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don L
Thank you for your loyalty to Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort! It’s a real compliment to read that each visit tops the last. We appreciate you mentioning Emlyne as well. She will be recognized for memorable service. We sincerely enjoy serving you!
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I absolutely loved this vacation! My mother and I went for my birthday and had a blast! The rooms are clean and updated and the staff is very accommodating. We had staff from the day we checked in remember us and ask us how our trip was going throughout the week. The bell staff was also very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They informed us about the best snorkeling spots and shopping destinations. Don't be afraid to ask them anything- they will go out of their way to help you! Since it was my birthday, my mom ordered me a cake to be delivered to the room when we got there. It arrived on time and I got several well wishes from the staff. It made my day! The grounds are BREATHTAKING! The pools are highly maintained. The only thing that I'd like to point out is that Morningstar Beach isn't as clear or as calm as the other beaches on the island, so don't be disappointed- they're not all like that. I'd highly recommend Coki Beach, Maegan's Bay, and Trunk Bay. But this is little to worry about considering the fact that taxis are readily available. The only other thing is the food. It's average and can be a little eccentric (especially Havana Blue). But there are some good things on the menu and the buffets are alright. If you're worried about food, there's always the Presto Marketplace which has sandwiches, salads, snacks, etc. Overall, everything was perfect and I'd like to thank this resort for making this the best vacation I've very taken! I'm dying to go back!!!

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying in the Sea Cliff tower.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Katie S
Thank you. We’re delighted to hear your birthday trip was the best vacation ever! I look forward to sharing your review with our team. We strive to make all guests feel as special as you did for your birthday and appreciate your comments regarding this and the warmth you experienced with everyone here. We look forward to your next adventure on St. Thomas!
Troy
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for one week recently on our first trip to St. Thomas. The rooms are spacious, clean and updated. Wonderful room views from all sides of the hotel wings. The pool is a great place to hang out late morning / early afternoon, not crowded, relaxing and quiet. Or you can walk down a short walk to the beach and lay around on a chaise. The sand is hot though, wear your sandals! Its not a white sand beach, typical to the Caribbean, its brown and gets very hot. The food is OK, not great, a little pricey, as we found all over the island. Some of the waitstaff we found really need a class in service! As compared to other Caribbean vacations we have taken the past, the service community, (pretty much the whole Island) is laid back to the point of just being lazy! We did however, have a gentleman wait on us at Coco Joe's on the beach who was very good and extremely attentive! I wish I could remember his name, but he was originally from California, San Diego I think. He was the best server we had all week, and he was great!
So, stay here for the location and amenities, but rent a car as soon as you arrive and explore the eateries off site and drive around the Island to take in the views! Next time I would rent a car at the air port for the whole week. Taxis are plentiful, but get expensive. The rate is $6-8 per person, not ride, to go anywhere on the Island, so if you are going off site often, you will spend the car rental price by mid week.

Room Tip: Ocean view or Harbor view are awesome!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NHVTSue
Thank you for your excellent review and rating! It’s a pleasure to hear your first trip to the island was accented by a stay at Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort. We hope it will be the first of many! Feel free to reach out to our pre-arrival team so we can also make restaurant, activities and transportation option suggestions for your next journey. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte Amalie
#1 of 5 in East End
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
#1 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie

Been to Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!