“Nothing Wrong With Staying Here”

Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nothing Wrong With Staying Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is well maintained property with a very cozy beach. Depending on who you are and what you expect, you will get good results from this hotel. If you are here on a busy weekend with some meetings then yes the checkin and checkout may take a while, but this is not really a hotel issue, it is a logistics issue of a hotel in a holiday area, you will find this problem in many hotels and many countries. The parking is adequate but you may need to walk up some steps to get to and from the lobby each time. The breakfast was good, there are fresh eggs and waffles available, your classic open buffet is available. The hotel has a nice view of the water and the pool. I recommend this hotel if you want to have a good stay and can overlook things that some picky people lose their hair over.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have access doors to the beach, it can be noisy. Try not to get a room underneath the 3...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Aydin O
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your candor. Some points you mentioned are worth adding to for other travelers. First, we offer a great breakfast buffet at the Aqua Terra each morning (at Frenchman’s Reef). There are omelet and waffle stations as additional options too. Frenchman’s Reef is the portion of the hotel situated up on the hillside and offers the lofty views and infinity pools. Morning Star Beach Resort in right in the sand on the beach and is a cabana hotel style with its own pool and restaurants (most popular being Coco Joe’s). Between the two areas there is a nice walkway with several stairs and a waterfall (where our resident iguanas spend their day). You can also take the complimentary shuttle between. Feel free to call our pre-arrival team if you have any questions about your stay. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,552)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I visited st thomas on 02/06/14 . I was stayed in marriot frenchmans, experience was verry satisfactory. Great staff, shuttle available always, transportation prices reasonables they get you anywere on the island easy. Food prices reasonable also and food was delicious. But one of the most attractions in hotel was the view is one of the best, you can see charlotte in your balcony the view was expectacular. I am verry happy to choose this hotel for my vacations. Hope back soon.

Room Tip: Choose the villages is a quiet and. Beach knock your door. Beautifull
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marcomata
We would love to welcome you back! Summer is a great time here on the island!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went on the night kayak excursion booked through the Adventure Center. It was fun. Our guides, Dave, Jake, and Lauren were great. They were very informative about the island and the marine life. We saw some fishes but not a lot. Overall, it was a memorable experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hli66
This is so much fun. We are getting many compliments on this adventure. The other two most popular activities that leave right from the Marriott property are The Cat snorkel trips and the water ferry into Charlotte Amalie. It drops off right at the outdoor bazaar. We appreciate you taking the time to post!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel was really nice, family and kids friendly (we travel with 2 small children). The crib was placed in the room as we requested. I would definitely recommend the room with the view:) we send every morning and every late night on the balcony. The restaurants are ok and the prices are high. The best place is Havana Blue - upscale restaurant with a beautiful view on the ocean:))) Delicious food and very nice presentations.

The only thing I did not like: the hotel doesn't have a babysitting service/ or good recommendations.

Room Tip: get the room with a view on the high floor, on the south side: 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mon2903
It is with pleasure that I read your review. We know that families with small children have specific needs and are pleased that our team succeeded in providing a comfortable experience. Thank you for staying with us.
Wilton, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Trip was booked thru Expedia (don't use), was told it was all -inclusive, checked in at hotel and verified with desk it was all-inclusive, given package, explained procedure. Checked out 7 days later and given a huge bill for food and drinks, tried to speak to someone, young lady at desk completely ignored us. Finally found a manager, who tried to assist, we had a plane to catch and he took our number and did get back to us. He would not own up to the fact that Marriot made a mistake and did not tell us from the time we checked in until check out that it was not all-inclusive, we would have made other arrangements for meals in town. Very limited on restaurants and not a big selection on the menus and very pricey. Lobby area was very nice, pool very nice..many areas need updating. Will not stay at Marriot anymore... Many other places to stay on the island.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mena c
This is an unfortunate experience we are sorry to hear about. We do always suggest booking direct through our website or through the Marriott link here on our TripAdvisor page. Booking direct with any resort generally ensures the most favorable reservation conditions. If there is anything further you would like to discuss directly regarding your experience, you can send our leadership team an email at sttfrexperienceteam@marriotthotels.com and reference this review. Your feedback is appreciated and we would like to welcome you back to Frenchman’s Reef.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Was thrilled to have stayed at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef for first time in St. Thomas. Staff was very authentic and off-season proved to be extremely relaxing; wished we had time to stay and relax at resort more than running all over town/island. Views were spectacular!

One thing to avoid, Marriott Vacation Club timeshare deal. We were roped in by Caroline upon arrival and thought we'd humor the idea of setting up an appointment to see what options there were in St. Thomas as well as get local perspective of what else to do while at resort, in town. She was a complete train wreck...going on and on about her private life and failed relationships, only to waste 45 mins. of our time to tell us that since my travel companion and I weren't a couple and not with our 'significant other/partners' on trip, that we didn't qualify. Starting to think it was more discriminatory after my friend kept filling out her application but didn't meet minimum income requirements (even though it was an option/checkbox on form). She dramatically took the application, ripped it up, and threw the pieces up in the air. She may have been slightly intoxicated from rum she was giving out to guests earlier. We tried to find humor in the experience and glad the first 2 hours didn't tarnish rest of stay.

Pool bar and restaurant is great; especially during happy hour. Havana Blue on Morning Star Beach is very pleasant too.

Room Tip: oceanfront is the way to go!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Agent654L
Excellent photos! Thank you for posting these to our TripAdvisor page. While most take pictures of the infinity pool facing the Caribbean, yours is from inside the pool facing the Sunset Grill and Frenchman’s Reef. Very creative. We’re glad your stay was pleasant and you found the team here authentic. Please forgive the strange interaction with the Vacation Club member; this is not the image we are known for. We appreciate your feedback details for that and hope for the chance to welcome you back!
Christiansted, St. Croix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am a frequent traveller to St. Thomas for work and I stay at Frenchman's Reef Marriott Resort. My trip is usually great! The staff is always friendly and helpful. The property is beautiful and I wish I was not travelling on business so that I could get to enjoy more of the resort and its amenities. When I get to my room after work I am usually very tired and just order room service because its easier for me. One particular night I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and fries. They told me that it would take 45 minutes or less. 45 minutes came and went, I called back and they told me that my order was on its way, another 15 minutes came and went and my order still didn't arrive. At this time I was very frustrated and extremely HUNGRY! None the less my order arrived and hour and 15 minutes later!! The next knock on my door was from room service again apologizing for the inconvenience and they brought me a bottle of wine and Haagen-Dazs ice cream!! I want to say thank you to Rashawn at the front desk for going above and beyond and saving my day or night rather! That was a great gesture and I appreciate him for recognizing the opportunity to satisfy a disgruntled guest!! Way to go Rashawn!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Rena S
Whether for business or pleasure, we want to make certain that your needs are taken care of. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to recognize Rashwan at the front desk for his stellar customer service. You are a valuable guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you need assistance at any point in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte Amalie
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in South Coast
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,187 reviews

Been to Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!