“Beautiful and great service!”

Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
“Beautiful and great service!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our stay at this Marriott was fantastic. We had a great suite with two stories and a winding staircase, great baths and a beautiful view of the water! Staff were helpful, pleasant particularly the front desk and adventure desk where we booked several outings including snorkeling,a sea lion swim and got info on St. John. The hotel is stunning, the food was great (not cheap but very good) and the pools are wonderful-warm, great infinity pools, and the beach is super as well.

Room Tip: Suites are super--but the main rooms have beautiful views. If going for one room, consider the Morn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anniebananeee
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for highlighting staff friendliness, the Adventure Center, views, cuisine, pools and beach as the best parts of your stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,582)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2014

First time visiting St Thomas, stayed at the Marriott Frenchmans Reef. Highly recommended!!!!! Customer service was great. Make sure you visit the best bartender in the Caribbean, Hollyce at Coco Joes or the Rum bar. She was very hospitable. Oh, and she makes GREAT drinks!! Just ask Aisha!!! Look her up!!! She made our vacation very pleasant!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star beach Resort for your first visit to St. Thomas and recommending the resort to visitors. We will let Hollyce know she was mentioned here on TripAdvisor as contributing to your vacation memories!
NYC
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Upon driving into the resort I was thrilled! The grounds were amazing!! The woman checking us in was personable and pleasant. Her name was Raniqua and unfortunately I only met her once. Once we arrived in our room, our issues began. You see we killed a roach within 10 mins of being there. Now I am a native New Yorker, so I've never been afraid of a roach but my daughter, well that's a horse of a different color. She was uneasy at the roach sighting, and sightings 2,3 and 4 made sleep impossible for her. We now were looking for them and concerned about them crawling on us! We called twice, the housekeeper came with a broom and dustpan?? We had just picked up some overpriced sandwiches from the market and wanted to eat them, the housekeeper began chastising us about eating in our room and said that's why the roaches were coming! I was irate, I retorted with the fact that the hotel had room service so how is that possible. I called guest services requesting to have a room change but it was not granted secondary to a sold out hotel. We gathered or belongings onto our beds and after killing several more roaches fell asleep at 5am. The following day Juan the wonderfully accommodating manager changed our room and granted us a credit. Our new room was lovely and most importantly visibly roach free. The remainder of our stay was great. The staff was pleasant usually and the breakfast was amazing. I would like to highlight two exemplary employees, Antonette Gomes and Kendall. Both of these individuals are true assets to Marriott. They care period! I would return as the good outweighed the bad but I did not expect roaches in paradise!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank acarmel75
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about yours stay. We’re thankful the front desk team was able to turn around your stay and provide you with a room that was comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. Juan, Antoinette, Kendall and Raniqua will be recognized by our leadership team for exemplary service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were lucky enough to get a room at the Reef as I called it. We upgraded to have a view which was more than worth it.

When we first arrived I was in awww. Having never been to the tropics, seeing the hotel completely open was like a scene from the movies. We checked into our room with no problems at all. As we got off the elevator down to the 1st floor walked down, unlocked the door, and saw how amazing a normal room looked I felt I was in shock.

We got unpacked and found the dresser had plenty of space, and the fridge, microwave, and safe made things very easy. We had a door wall and patio which was accompanied by a absolutely breath taking view of the harbor.

We will continue to book and stay at this hotel when we go to visit USVI in the future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chad S
Your inspiration to return is a great compliment. I enjoyed your description of seeing the breathtaking views from Frenchman’s Reef for the first time. Of behalf of all of us, congratulations on your new life together!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We, along with family and friends, stayed at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef in early June for our small destination wedding.

The Good: The main hotel is set on a gorgeous cliff overlooking the ocean, and the Morningstar part of the hotel is set down along a nice, wide beach. I can't say enough good things about the entire wedding planning process at the hotel. Our planner, Hayley, was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond to help us get a wedding that was wonderful. She took the pictures I sent her of decoration ideas and turned them into something beautiful. Hayley was super responsive and so, so nice once we finally met. The event staff was also great and catered to our every needs during the wedding reception.The wedding turned out just gorgeous and our guests are still talking about it! :) The beach of the property is also gorgeous, and very wide and sandy. We all loved playing in the waves. We also appreciated that things like snorkels and kayaks are included in the resort fee! The buffet in the main hotel was a fairly good value at $25 per person and was delicious.

The 'could be better': Everyone who had a room in Frenchman's reef, including us, could smell a bit of musty odor in the rooms. I'm assuming this is from it always feeling slightly damp in the room, but it was a bit distracting. The island rooms, where we had our reception, had very odd yellow/too-warm lighting in them, which made it a bit difficult to get pictures. We wish the hotel would update these rooms with a more modern feel and lighting. It obviously didn't detract too much from our reception, which turned out beautiful, but it's something to think about. Another con was that the service we received was *very* 'island time'... we sometimes waited at least 30 minutes after a meal just to get our checks! We appreciate the relaxed vibe, but this was sometimes too much.

Overall: I'd give the wedding and event staff a 6/5 if I could... they were simply amazing, and I never felt worried about planning a wedding sight-unseen due to Hayley being such a great contact. For the general hotel/facilities, we'd say that is more of a 3.5/5...some good, and some 'needs improvement'. I would not hesitate to recommend the Marriott for a wedding.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are very close to the beach and on low floors. If you want to splurge, go for the R...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Congratulations! Thank you for choosing Frenchman’s Reef for this very special occasion. Hayley will be thrilled to receive a 6/5 rating for her service! Your suggestions are also helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the island. Best wishes!
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We booked the a beach front room last minute. The neighbors were very loud at 2:00 am so, we got moved to the main hotel. Eddy in security was out freakin standing. Two security guards took all of our bags and moved us. The hotel manager corrected the room rate without even asking. Eddy called several times to check and make sure our new room was ok. If U plan to book, Bay side rooms are much newer and nicer. Beach rooms are much older. The staff was so polite everywhere we went. Slight delays at the front desk so, expect it. Make plans to go to St John, it's cheap, close and beautiful. Only complaint would be cleanliness in certain areas. Good value with a bay side room. Hotel is about 20 minutes from airport.

• Stayed June 2014
We appreciate your review highlighting the service you received in your time of need. I am pleased our team took care of you to your satisfaction and then checked on you. Eddy will be getting recognition for that. Your photo and compliments of Frenchman’s Reef are welcome. We hope another trip to St. Thomas will be in your plans next year!
Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Thirteen years ago, my husband and I honeymooned in St. Thomas at Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and loved it so much I opted to let him live a very long time. This May, we decided to head back. We tried to reach the resort a couple of weeks before leaving and had a hard time finding an email address. By contacting them through the main Marriott website someone finally got back to us.

It has recently undergone a multimillion dollar renovation and we could tell from the pictures alone that it was vastly different from the hotel we visited so many years ago. After looking back at the old pictures (in a photo album because it was so long ago), it looked like the improvements were needed. Memory is a funny thing, it lies like a dog! We remembered this place being beautiful and maybe it was in the early 2000’s but by today’s standards… UGH! Those pictures told the whole ugly truth. Thank God they decided to renovate!

So we flew with Delta (our personal favorite airline-they still give you cookies unlike those other cheap airlines, and I love a good cookie). We laid over in Atlanta and this leg of the flight we had to share our row with some random lady. I’m sure she was a perfectly nice person and she probably has family that loves her but I was ready to eject her from her seat about five minutes after sitting down. I was lucky enough to be the one sitting right beside her. She had immediately whipped out her i Pad and started playing some game that required her to cut up fruit rather quickly. To do this, she moved her fingers across the screen rapid-fire and SHOOK. THE. ENTIRE. ROW. OF. SEATS. She did this almost the entire three and a half hour flight and at one point pulled out a small bag of M&M’s and offered me some. We hadn’t spoken at all at this point so it was strange. No, I do not want your M&M’s lady-QUIT SHAKING THE PLANE! Arrival in St. Thomas was easy since it’s a U.S. island… no immigration baby! So we grabbed our luggage and headed straight to get a taxi.

The cabbies here know the drill-ram a bunch of people headed to the same place in one car; saves on cab fare but I was in my husband’s lap and the couple in front of us were in each others laps too ($30 fare + tip). My legs were draped over my husband and practically on the lap of the guy next to him too. Stop looking at my feet, freak. There were three guys, in our cab, that needed dropped off at the ferry to Tortuga. Apparently it was closed and they were back in the van less than a minute after getting out. Because I’m hilarious I cracked a joke about them sleeping in the taxi-van with the cabbie (no need to laugh-that wasn’t the joke). All casual like, one of them says to me, “Nah, we’ll just sleep on beach.” Oh to be young and stupid (where were they from? England, Australia or South Africa-who the heck knows-wherever crazy town is I tell ya!); who the heck sleeps on the beach? Bums and… bums. When we were dropped off I wished them luck and one of them smiled and said, “Cheers!” Yeah, well, let’s see how cheery ya are when you’re getting bum-rushed on that beach you’re sleeping on.

The lobby was nice enough, nothing spectacular and a bit small. It was busy at check in so we had to wait a bit. We got checked in (and BTW they are supposed to give you discount vouchers for the night kayaking and the spa and they didn’t give us ours so if you plan to do either be sure to ask.), and guess what? No bellhop to escort you to your room (same thing happened at the Marriott in the Cayman’s). Look, when I’m on vacation I am lazy, with a capital L-A-Z-Y, I want to get pampered as soon as my flip-flopped feet hit your lobby so come on Marriott, get it together, you’re missing the boat on the customer service here.

Even with no bellhop (smirk) we found our room (#1540). It had a stunning view, dark wood furniture, granite tops, white linens, calming light blue accent wall, but seriously cruddy towels (scratchy and some had strings hanging off them-these should have been retired 50 guests ago), a tiny bathroom and very little storage. Hope you don’t plan to unpack for your vacation-our junk was everywhere because there weren’t enough drawers. Get rid of the desk! I’m on vacation, I’m not here to conduct business. I’d like another dresser please so my lady-drawers don’t have to sit on top of your drawers instead of in them.

After a long day of travel, we were super hungry. So we went to find food and explore the resort (getting reacquainted, if you will). We hit the lobby bar first (Rumbar) and then checked out the Fitness room (yes, we walked around the gym with drinks in hand-don’t judge me!), spa (booked massages, etc. for anniversary), and pools (3 in total but one is for spa guests only). We ended up eating at the main restaurant (Aqua Terra). We were waited on by the fabulous Mary. We shared a french fry app (yum yum aioli dip-I’m never eating ketchup on my fries again).

We headed back to the room and I fell asleep like the dead before 9pm (yes, I am a party hound and no you can’t hang with me). Lord only knows what hubby was up to but I was comatose and didn’t care.

My husband was up at 6-freaking-30 in the morning and was ready to hit the gym. UGH! I was still recovering and he was ready to go all Lance Armstrong (he was too energetic-he must have been on something). So we got there before 7am. They have 6 treadmills so there was no problem getting on the equipment (the space was overall quite small but seemed to have all the basics). I ran a little over a mile before walking another two, and I thought I was doing pretty good for so early in the A.M., but some blonde chick 2 treadmills over had to make me look bad with her constant non-stop running and all!

We went back to our room to shower and change before breakfast. People, do NOT go straight to the restaurant after working out, that’s just gross-you know who you are! So we went back to Aqua Terra and our server was HORRIBLE (Marriott-feel free to ask who she was, I do remember her name but I’m not gonna call her out on here-I’m not that rude)! People were begging for their food. Hubby had the buffet but I just had to see the menu. I saw corn flake crusted French toast and about had a baby I was so excited (I fell in love with the stuff at the Marriott in Grand Cayman so surely it would be the same-no, no, not so much-DISGUSTING)! I think the chef (if that’s what we’re calling him or her) should venture on over to the Grand Cayman and let them show these folks how it’s done-this was not breakfast-it was a bread massacre!

We stopped by the Adventure Center desk in the lobby and booked night kayaking because of all the reviews saying how great it was. The guy at the desk seemed distracted, and he also didn’t seem to give a donkey’s butt what we were or were not interested in-don’t mess with my vacation dude!

Day one means RELAXATION! So… in our swimsuits and off to the pool we went-too many kids (Christ why do we torture ourselves so?)Deirdre was great; she kept us in drinks and we supplemented her busy-self with trips to the bar (get the Voodoo Juice in a bucket-you’re welcome). Lunch was chips with guacamole and salsa by the pool (thanks again Deirdre). We enjoyed sitting in the pool at the top of the waterfall looking out at the crystalline waters below- ah vacation. There were so many people that were white-white, like translucent I can see your nasty veins white. Seriously white people, I worry for you, you will turn beyond red, maybe even a lovely shade of purple. This is the Caribbean for god’s sake! You really must get some color before coming to off-set the harsh sun and so that innocent bystanders aren’t blinded by your pale butt. Oh, and pack some SPF 100 cuz you’re still gonna burn!

We had dinner at Sunset Grill (we didn’t make reservations so the first seating they had was at 9-UGH). There was a big group of about 20 or so that took all the attention so service was bad which turned hubby into a butt. On the upside, I had the lamb and it was super yummy. Who cares how hubby’s meal was he was too busy being a jerk so I never asked. It was the end of Carnival this night so there were fireworks during dinner. I like to think the island was celebrating our return. Fireworks? For me? Why, thank you. There was one that exploded into a smiley face but it was upside down. This was some poor guy’s big moment. When that smiley face came out upside down, I’m sure he was crushed. (Oops! That didn’t work out quite right.)

We worked out again the next morning and the girl right next to me was steady running for like 45 minutes and huffin and puffin the whole time. I have a friend that gets motivated by this stuff (holler, Tollie!). Huh, so not me! This girl doesn’t run because she wants to… I have to or I get fat. So no, I will not be running for 45 minutes straight until I’m hyperventilating into a paper bag. Run your butt off girl! I like my big Kardashian butt and so does my man so I’ll see your 45 minute run with a mile run and another 2 walking. And I’ll do it all breathing just fine.

We had breakfast in Eunice’s section…ah, we love you Eunice. After such bad service the previous morning we were a bit concerned. But good old Eunice was straight to business, efficient, quick and friendly. I decided to have the buffet after French toast-gate. I saw people walking around with plate sized waffle. I’ll have one of those please. Everyone in front of me would grab their on the spot made waffle and then put a spoonful of Nutella on the side of their plate... What? Who taught these fools how to decorate a waffle? I slathered mine in butter and doused it with maple syrup until it filled all the little squares and then ran down the side (I should really rethink that 45 minute run) and then sprinkled it with powdered sugar and that’s how you dress a waffle - BAM! So as I was on my way to grab bacon and sausage to dip in my excess syrup (an absolute must), some super fit guy walks by and glances at my plate and looks at with me with pure disdain in his eyes. Don’t judge my waffle dude! I saw the fruit on his plate… I get it healthy guy, but I paid the same $26 bucks for the buffet that you did, and who’s walking out of here hungry cuz he only ate fruit for breakfast? $26… for FRUIT! So who’s the sucker now? Oh, and that waffle? Total amaze-balls!

We headed off to the pool again and it was hot as balls with zero breeze. Deirdre was missing and the pool side service was really bad too. So hot, sweaty and no chair-side drink delivery? That blew the big one! I had to wait on hubby to go get drinks all day at the bar. Hey, pick up the pace there baby, momma wants a mojito!

We had lunch at Sunset Grill. I had the Cobb salad and hubby had chicken fingers (he said they weren’t very good, but my salad was stellar so I do wonder how much of this was him being a bitter-Betty because he had a bad dinner there the night before).

After lunch we headed back to the pool and shortly there-after I swear I was having heat stroke. I fussed until hubby suggested we head back to the room to cool off until dinner at Coco Joe’s. Myrtle was our waitress and she was super cute, energetic and just plain fun. She flirted with my husband but it was cool cuz if he started acting up I knew who to give him to. We both had a cheese burgers and fries. It was no Five Guys but it was good; the calamari was really good too.

Night kayaking… what a joke. You float around in clear bottom kayaks lit with neon lights so you can see the sea life below you. We saw a sea turtle (maybe my being unimpressed is because we swam in the ocean with tons of them in Mexico a few years ago, and just barely got a glimpse of one’s head here) and one big fish… oh, and a stingray. The guides gave some island facts but it wasn’t worth the money. I was super proud of myself because I managed to stay dry the entire time, but as Sookie (yes, that was one of the guide’s name-her momma must have loved Gilmore Girls) pulled us in, she yanked the boat hard and water flew in through the tail of the kayak and soaked my entire back and butt. So… I had to walk back to our room looking as if I wet my pants and I got to pull seaweed out of my bikini bottoms so that was fun. Awesome! Thanks, Sookie! Oh, and my husband has no idea how to properly kayak with a partner. I was sitting in the back steering and he would never stay in sync when we were trying to stroke together. It drove me nuts. I said something to him repeatedly and… nothing. He didn’t get it. The devil that lives inside of me, at one point, strongly urged me to take my oar and smack him in the head with it. I was able to suppress this urge and we made it back to land successfully. Sleep with one eye open, baby.

The next morning we went straight to breakfast. We had no time for a work out because we had a spa appointment at 10. We were lucky enough to sit in Eunice’s section again. We had omelets on this day. They make them fresh to order in front of you and mine was bacon, cheese, onion, mushrooms and spinach. Oh my! Tasty goodness. The omelet station lady is awesome (tip her-she deserves it).

At the spa, we had booked an 80 minute couples massage. It was A-MAZ-ING! (Thanks, Monique and Donna.) We went back to the room to shower and then I headed back to the spa for a mani-pedi and hubby was on his own. Know that the spa does charge a 16% gratuity on top of your service charges so you don’t have to worry about it unless you’d like to tip more.

After a morning of relaxation we grabbed a taxi to Paradise Point (we loved this place when we came to St Thomas before), now?... not so much. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY! Had lunch. If you can call it that. Nachos were actually chips that I swear were dropped out of a Tostito’s bag topped with dry meat that was clearly made with Lawry’s taco seasoning and shredded cheddar that has seen better days. And that garbage cost us $10! Whatever! When we came before, the place was packed with people and there were tons of specialty shops. Now, a hand-full of people were there and there were 2 or 3 shops filled only with tourist crap that you know was made in China. There is still a stunning view of the island from here but that was an exceptionally expensive photo-op. We took the tram back down and went across the street to shop at the cruise ship shops. I picked up a new Alex & Ani bracelet with a St. Thomas charm as well as a Caribbean bracelet (the horseshoe open towards yourself means you’re taken and away from yourself means you’re looking-hubby better not tic me off or I’m open for business). Hubby stocked up on liquor. We only had about an hour to shop before everything closed up so we planned to go shopping again the next day, just downtown instead. We took a taxi back to the Marriott (it was $7 per person each way) and showered and got ready for dinner.

We had a reservation at Havana Blue for dinner. This is not part of the all-inclusive plan and it chafed hubby’s britches that we spent an extra $200 on dinner here. It was freaking amazing! Totally worth it. Our appetizer was hummus with Argentinian bread (too good), chicken for me (Would it have been too much to pick up my plate and lick it? I was so tempted. Yes, I am an animal.), steak for hubby (he said it was really good and he’s extremely picky so that’s saying a lot) and ice cream trio for dessert (banana, coconut and mint-chocolate. Look, they were all good, but I die for anything coconut, I would so Lady Gaga that mess-wait, can you make a dress out of ice cream?.). We went downstairs to catch the resort shuttle back up to Frenchman’s Reef and there’s that same huge group that helped ruin our dinner a couple nights before (Grrrr!). They were overflowing in the Morning Star lobby (it’s pitiful size cannot accommodate that many people- there were people coming out from under desks and behind plants). This group filled an entire shuttle by themselves. They loaded up and were just sitting there waiting. There were two drunk girls that had no idea their group was waiting on them (oh, Jesus!). Get to movin there ding-dongs your holdin up the line of cars! We finally got back to our resort and decided to stop at Rumbar to have a drink. The bartender, Brian from Texas, was really nice and chatty. We mentioned we had been to the resort before and one of the best drinks we had was no longer on their drink menu. He asked what it was and said he would see if he could figure it out. He looked up how to make a Dirty Girl Scout and made one. As we were leaving some guy walked up and said he wanted to try something new and we overheard Brian ask, “Do ya wanna try a Dirty Girl Scout?” And they guy said, “sure.” Hey, maybe we just brought this drink back to the Marriott. So, if ya go, ask Brian to make you one. (think thin-mint in liquid form) BTW-he also made us a Key lime martini while we were there and it was super yummy.

Our last full day, we caught the ferry ($7 pp each way) to Charlotte Amalie downtown for more shopping straight from the Marriott docks. It’s very different than the last time we were there. For every regular store there are 10 jewelry stores-ridiculous! Avoid Cache and just shop there at home, The sales people tried to crawl up my butt and move in. They MUST work on commission because they would not leave me alone. It was a huge turn off; we ended up leaving without buying anything even though I found a super cute skirt that I wanted to buy. There’s also a flea market and I thought I’d mention, just in case you’re that stupid… that Tory Burch or Michael Kors bag you’re eying is NOT real! FAKE-FAKE-FAKE-FAKE-FAKE! Save your money, please, and visit an outlet near you when you get home if you really must save a buck! We had lunch at Greengos Cantina. There seemed to be a lot of locals (and by locals, I mean all those folks that come to the island and never leave) and it was packed so we figured it was a good bet. The prices were reasonable and the food was good too. We had some nachos that filled my mouth with awesomeness with each bite (had to make up for those crap “nachos” at Paradise Point the previous day)…yum!

We ended up hanging out at the pool late since we shopped most of the day. Hubby had run off to the bar for drinks. I was laying on one of the poolside beds and I glanced up from my kindle to see a giant iguana, aka Godzilla, sitting near the foot of the bed staring at me. He was eyeballing me like I was on the menu. Godzilla apparently took a liking to me (I did mention my Kardashian sized butt, right?) and he was stalking me like prey. He stared directly into my eyes and I know he saw the fear. They say that the iguana is more scared of you then you are of it. I call BULL! Godzilla was up to no good, I assure you. I was curled up at the head of the bed shaking as Godzilla reared up ready to go all Jurassic Park on my butt. Thank you to the kind man lying in the bed next to me with his wife who stood up to Godzilla by throwing his shoe at him. No lie-I was scared to death and where was my loving husband? Getting liquored up at the bar. This was a life and death situation and if not for the kindness and bravery of a stranger, I most certainly would have perished at the hands…no claws, of Godzilla. Thank you kind sir, thank you.

Hubby kept me down at the pool until the sun went down so he could catch the sunset on camera-ah the glorious sunset! I love a beautiful sunset but did we really need to capture the changes in the view every two minutes? Well, apparently the answer is yes, since I am now the proud owner of no less than over 100 pictures chronicling the sun as it set on this day.
We decided on a no fuss dinner and ended our vacation where it started, back at Aqua Terra. I enjoyed a crab-lobster sandwich which was really good (hardly any filler-points Marriott) and, of course, gorged myself one last time on fries and aioli.

The next morning, the bill was under the door. It showed charges of $3.95 a day for breakfast. Since we were supposed to be on the all-inclusive plan we weren’t sure what this was for. When we checked out, it was removed without question. We grabbed a taxi back to the airport. Since check out was at 11 and our flight wasn’t until 2:30, we had time to kill thank goodness. There was no one at the Delta counter upon arrival and other people were waiting before us. We waited for approximately 30 minutes before someone finally showed up. Come on Delta, get it together! The line did move quickly and we also got through customs and TSA pretty fast too. The area for all flights was essentially one large open room, and there wasn’t much there (thank God, I mean Amazon, for my kindle). There was one restaurant and a couple of kiosks associated with it ($10 for a crappy sandwich) and two souvenir type shops (in case you didn’t buy enough crap during your vacation-you get one last chance).

After waiting for what felt like forever, we finally boarded and the trip to Atlanta was completely uneventful. Well, unless you count the kid sitting in the row behind us (God hates me); I had to put noise cancelling ear buds in because he was making airplane noises for 3 hours. The movie they played was Spiderman (Hey, what happened to the good old days when the lead actor was hot? This Garfield character has an over-sized head and Einstein hair. Oh, Emma-you could do so much better!) The flight attendants did make two passes with the drink cart, thanks Delta! More cookies for me! (Maybe I should make it one hour running?)
In Atlanta, we had a couple hours before our next flight, thank you Jesus, because they CHANGED. OUR. GATE. FOUR. FREAKING. TIMES! Freaking ridiculous (did they think-hey, we got a chunky one on this flight, she needs the exercise so we’re gonna send her all over the Atlanta airport-bahahaha, look at her go! BULL-CRAP Delta-BULL-CRAP!)

We finally got home, got our bags and got to the car. It’s was midnight and we still had an hour drive home. I should have been paying attention. My rocket scientist husband went the wrong way on the interstate for a good 20 minutes (future note to self-do not start reading in the car until you know you are actually headed in the right direction). Did I mention he used to work at this airport a few years back? Yeah-so what the heck! We got home and finally crawled in bed at 1:30AM. I was exhausted and asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow-St. Thomas we miss you already!

We loved it the first time and we loved it the second time even more. Go… and enjoy!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room-it's worth it. The views are spectacular.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank rsawyer
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Wow. Glad you made it home safe! Your review is like a story and is so amusing (and helpful) to read. We sincerely enjoyed having you here a second time. On behalf of the leadership team, I want to thank you for taking the time to personally congratulate the team members that assisted in making this stay more memorable than the first. It is meaningful for them to be recognized in this manner. Please call ahead of your next visit so we can welcome you back as a returning guest!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte Amalie
#1 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie

Been to Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!