Gluten Free (GF): The Marriott Frenchman’s Reef was awesome in accommodating my wife’s gluten allergy. They were able to prepare GF toast, French toast, macaroni and cheese, pancakes, and GF wraps with multiple options were available next door at the Cove.
Havana Blue is on the property and offers a dedicated GF menu which was awesome. Also check out Gringos downtown for amazing GF chicken nachos.
We used the Spa on our last day. They have a private pool and hot tub which is worth going. My wife’s message didn’t go well (lady was to hard on her). We mentioned it at our checkout and they removed the cost of my wife’s message without us asking. I thought this proactive move was classy and showed they really cared.
Room service: We used this a lot. They were always on time and the food was always hot.
The rooms were large, clean and our room overlooking the cove was spectacular.
Rent a car! Taxi’s only come in the form of big vans which charge you $8-$12 per person one-way. Since you can’t walk anywhere from the hotel or on the island in general you will pay the cost of a rent a car if you go out once a day.
Island tour. We did the bad kitty full day ($350 for 2), which was worth every penny. I probably would spend more on it if they charged more next time we go back. You go to several islands, eat great food, snorkel and tour the beautiful “baths” in the BVI. Must bring passport.
Magens Bay. This is a park that costs $4 to gain access. Once inside you have the most beautiful long beach with the best water imaginable. They have restrooms, full bar, walk up restaurant (burgers etc.) and the best views. I would recommend packing a cooler and spending the whole day. Try to avoid going when several cruise ships are in as I heard it gets crowded. Your hotel will provide dates of when the ships are in because many of the shops in town only open when they come in.
Food: Food on the island was amazing. We had some great seafood and service was for the most part very good. Items are expensive because most things are shipped in which drives the cost up. Don’t ever expect free refills on soft drinks and expect the average meal to be $35-65 per person without alcohol. This price will get you a great meal that you want regret.
Island Time: Everything runs slower. Servers at restaurants, taxi drivers and just about anything you do runs about 30% slower then what your probably use to. Never expect to do anything in a hurry….. We liked it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie