This is our 3rd stay at Bluebeard's Castle. In the past we have stayed in Hilltop II and Villas I West Wing. Although we loved the views and locations of those units, we love Pirates Pension more. My husband and I have a studio that seems more spacious than the one in Hilltop. We have a washer/dryer in the unit and a magnificent view of the cruise ships and harbor. We are in the Galleon Building, unit 406. Our patio is extremely private and our location feels remote.
We love being within walking distance to Charlotte Amalie and enjoying lunch at Bumpa's. The restaurant's here on sight are the best on the island. The Banana Tree Grill has a fantastic Wedge salad and several yummy entrees. Room with a View has a great Happy Hour with $5.00 wine and appetizers. The Cabana Grill has really stepped it up and has fantastic, reasonably priced food. We have also enjoyed a wonderful piano player who plays your requests. Life's a Breeze is also a great little poolside restaurant to have breakfast or lunch. Reasonably priced too.
We have decided with just the two of us, we don't need to rent a car. It's a break even deal. We'd rather not have the liability and be able to go out and enjoy ourselves downtown and other places. We can walk downtown during the day and take a cab back at night. We had rented a car for the week for $312. We cancelled it. We have been here 4 days so far and spent $100 on cab fare. That includes getting here from the airport. If there are 4 of you, the car rental is a far better value.
We love Coki Beach, as the snorkeling is fabulous and watching the locals is pure entertainment. It was a bit crowded on Monday with cruise ships in. Today we are headed to Bolongo Bay. Next year we are returning with 2 other couples. We love it here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluebeard's Castle is an historic property dating back to the 1600's. The resort occupies an entire hilltop with spectacular views overlooking the harbor and town of Charlotte Amalie. Its signature red rooftops are among the first sights for arriving cruise passengers.The resort includes a centuries-old fortress bearing the name "Bluebeard," after the infamous pirate, and check-in takes place in the former residence of the Danish governor of the island. This tropical paradise is the perfect place for a private getaway as it is set on a secluded hilltop and overlooks the harbor of St. Thomas. Bluebeard's Castle is centrally located in the most desirable part of the island with world class shopping minutes away. With only a short drive from some of the most popular beaches in the Caribbean where you can enjoy boating, scuba diving, snorkeling and windsurfing. The island itself offers a wonderful assortment of duty-free shopping, world-class restaurants (including the top-rated ROOM WITH A VIEW on location!), hot night spots, and a variety of local flavor to satisfy every taste. This resort features history, breathtaking views, and easy access to town. Beaches are literally minutes away so you can visit them all including easy ferry rides to St. John and the British Virgin Islands (Tortola and Virgin Gorda). You will see why owners at the resort are passionate about their units. It is this passion that will once again be the reason that Bluebeard's Castle will become a sought after destination resort. Many lucky RCI members will take advantage of this now! The resort is in the midst of a historic multi-million dollar remodel that will change all that you have heard. The proof is found in our regular maintenance reports as well as our news and picture sections. Also, schedules of on-resort dining are now posted in these reports. Owners are excited about what the future holds and you should be as well. Spread the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bluebeard's Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebeards Castle Charlotte Amalie
- Hotel Bluebeards Castle
- Bluebeards Castle St Thomas
- Bluebeard's Castle Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie