We had a timeshare experience and a 1 night on-line booking experience. The timeshare is through RCI. I share the account with my mother. I anticipated a problem with name of the reservation but RCI assured me both names would be on the reservation. Wrong! However, Jackie, the lovely and professional front desk manager, allowed me to call my mother to get her permission to use the reservation and asked her to send an email confirmation. That could have really derailed the check-in experience but I knew that it was RCI’s fault, not Bluebeard’s Castle. The rest of the timeshare stay was fantastic! We stayed in a one bedroom in the Pirate’s Pension. The room was large and clean with plenty of space for our family of three. My 11 yr. old son was perfectly comfortable on the foldout couch in the living room. The king size bed had the best mattress I have slept on in a resort in ages. The Castle has really stepped up their game since our last visit in 2010. The landscaping is beautiful. Improvements to buildings ongoing. The pool still clean and cold. We used the resort as a home base and did a lot of day adventures which usually ended with a dip in the pool late in the evening. We had a couple of dinners in the room and enjoyed a great pizza at the Cabana Bar one evening. A tip, avoid karaoke night. It was mind-numbing and loud. Beach towel and bath towel exchange was handled by calling housekeeping and leaving the dirty towels in a mesh bag on your door. The room was cleaned on Wednesday with fresh towels and linens. There were no planned activities in the evenings like some would expect in a timeshare resort. I think the resort has the right idea that St. Thomas has a lot to offer and people should get out and enjoy it!
After 7 nights, we had to check out and move luggage. We were told to bring the bags to the bell stand but later learned that they could have retrieved our bags for us. The bags were secured and we left for our day of adventure. When we returned, we were given a key and sent to our room. It was once again in the Pirates Pension. However, I had booked a studio through Expedia and the room we were given was a 1 bedroom. Next issue, no bags in the room. After several calls and my husband going back up the hill to the front desk, it was determined that we had been given the wrong room and that our bags were in the studio. So, we moved again and spent our last night on St. Thomas. The room was clean but the bed was not nearly as comfortable.
The staff at the front desk are great. Jackie gave great restaurant recommendations too! This was our 4th visit to Bluebeard’s Castle and it has a special place in our hearts. We are so happy to see the resort bouncing back and making improvements. Loved the solar energy panels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluebeard's Castle is an historic property dating back to the 1600's. The resort occupies an entire hilltop with spectacular views overlooking the harbor and town of Charlotte Amalie. Its signature red rooftops are among the first sights for arriving cruise passengers.The resort includes a centuries-old fortress bearing the name "Bluebeard," after the infamous pirate, and check-in takes place in the former residence of the Danish governor of the island. This tropical paradise is the perfect place for a private getaway as it is set on a secluded hilltop and overlooks the harbor of St. Thomas. Bluebeard's Castle is centrally located in the most desirable part of the island with world class shopping minutes away. With only a short drive from some of the most popular beaches in the Caribbean where you can enjoy boating, scuba diving, snorkeling and windsurfing. The island itself offers a wonderful assortment of duty-free shopping, world-class restaurants (including the top-rated ROOM WITH A VIEW on location!), hot night spots, and a variety of local flavor to satisfy every taste. This resort features history, breathtaking views, and easy access to town. Beaches are literally minutes away so you can visit them all including easy ferry rides to St. John and the British Virgin Islands (Tortola and Virgin Gorda). You will see why owners at the resort are passionate about their units. It is this passion that will once again be the reason that Bluebeard's Castle will become a sought after destination resort. Many lucky RCI members will take advantage of this now! The resort is in the midst of a historic multi-million dollar remodel that will change all that you have heard. The proof is found in our regular maintenance reports as well as our news and picture sections. Also, schedules of on-resort dining are now posted in these reports. Owners are excited about what the future holds and you should be as well. Spread the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Bluebeard's Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebeards Castle Charlotte Amalie
- Hotel Bluebeards Castle
- Bluebeards Castle St Thomas
- Bluebeard's Castle Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie