Okay, so we arrive August 13th. Take a taxi( $7/person,$2/bag) to this hotel. Go to check in and immediately the front desk female has a standoffish "what do you want" way about her. Tells us that we can't check in unless we have the groupon printed for her. She offers no suggestions on how to do so until we ask her how do you expect us to do that. She says use the computer it is .50cent a minute. Okay. Go to log in and it's $5 min, slow as ever, virus infested, windows popping up rapidly. When we are almost finished she offers us to forward it to her, but no refund for the $5 she failed to tell us about. We get checked into the room, go there and the sheets are dingy gray. The welcome packet tells us about brown water and to please forgive them, it's a city issue. The pool is small, the hot tub is painfully tiny! The banana tree resturant is outrageously priced and the food is bland and nothing special. The property has steps for days, most of which lead to a dead end wall. The tennis court is overgrown, ripped net, faded likes. Totally unusable. The "store" is closed, the spa is closed, and everything shuts down at 10pm except the pool until midnight. There is one soda machine on the property, but only use it if your playing musical drinks. I push water, get a coke. I push sprite, get an orange juice. I push fruit punch, get a Fuze tea with lemon( there wasn't even a button for that!!) I speak to the manger about it the next morning and she calls the vendor, they say since we Opened the drinks, no refund. I ask her, what were we supposed to do? It's 1am, we are freaking dry mouth thirsty, the water coming out of th facet is brown! And you have no other options on site!! She didn't care less. The taxi rides to the city and other areas of the island cost us $20 each way because they charge per person. Everyone is rude, standoffish, slow, arrogant. We would say how are you, thank you, please, have a nice day and would get an "uh huh", or silence in return. The only person we encountered with any friendliness was Rachel. She was arranged by the activities coordinator at the hotel to take us and pick us up from a night snorkel. She was beyond sweet. Amazing lady. Also the guy at th boat rentals on Magen's bay was good, he gave us a great deal on paddle boarding. Overall this hotel was a bad idea and at $130-$150 a night, it's a rip off. They didn't have anything other than swimming and eating to offer, after 10pm it's dead. The activities only run on predetermined days, so good luck doing something you are interested in if it's not listed under that current day. It's not close to the beach, it's a 15 min walk down hill and random steps to get to the city. Don't chance it. You'll be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluebeard's Castle is an historic property dating back to the 1600's. The resort occupies an entire hilltop with spectacular views overlooking the harbor and town of Charlotte Amalie. Its signature red rooftops are among the first sights for arriving cruise passengers.The resort includes a centuries-old fortress bearing the name "Bluebeard," after the infamous pirate, and check-in takes place in the former residence of the Danish governor of the island. This tropical paradise is the perfect place for a private getaway as it is set on a secluded hilltop and overlooks the harbor of St. Thomas. Bluebeard's Castle is centrally located in the most desirable part of the island with world class shopping minutes away. With only a short drive from some of the most popular beaches in the Caribbean where you can enjoy boating, scuba diving, snorkeling and windsurfing. The island itself offers a wonderful assortment of duty-free shopping, world-class restaurants (including the top-rated ROOM WITH A VIEW on location!), hot night spots, and a variety of local flavor to satisfy every taste. This resort features history, breathtaking views, and easy access to town. Beaches are literally minutes away so you can visit them all including easy ferry rides to St. John and the British Virgin Islands (Tortola and Virgin Gorda). You will see why owners at the resort are passionate about their units. It is this passion that will once again be the reason that Bluebeard's Castle will become a sought after destination resort. Many lucky RCI members will take advantage of this now! The resort is in the midst of a historic multi-million dollar remodel that will change all that you have heard. The proof is found in our regular maintenance reports as well as our news and picture sections. Also, schedules of on-resort dining are now posted in these reports. Owners are excited about what the future holds and you should be as well. Spread the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bluebeard's Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebeards Castle Charlotte Amalie
- Hotel Bluebeards Castle
- Bluebeards Castle St Thomas
- Bluebeard's Castle Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie