My husband and I ended up staying at this charming place by accident during a vacation gone awry. We ended up spending two days in St. Thomas and though it wasn't our favorite place to vacation, it certainly had its hidden charms away from the cruise-tourist-trap shops. The Galleon House was one of those charms.
Chris, the inkeeper, is really knowledgeable about how to get a less touristy experience and Gail, the manager, is just all around amazing! Talk to her about her travels and experiences, her jewelry and books or anything else in the world.
The property itself is very cool, set in the hills overlooking part of the port and the hills. It's got a really nice pool; clean, comfy rooms; a homemade, fresh breakfast, etc. It's within easy (As much as walking the hills and stairs of this island could be considered easy!) walking distance from lots of places to eat and things to see and do. I could go on. And you can't beat the price for all you get in that area.
Needless to say, if you ever find yourself in need of a good experience in St. Thomas, go check this place out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galleon House is a quaint, small hotel on Government Hill in downtown Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas. Enjoy your complimentary home cooked breakfast on the verandah with gorgeous views of downtown and the harbor. We are walking distance to the ferries to St John and British Virgin Islands as well as all the bars, restaurants and fantastic shopping that St Thomas is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Galleon House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleon House Bed And Breakfast
- Galleon House Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Galleon House St Thomas
- Galleon House Bed & Breakfast St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie