Windward Passage Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
View Hotel
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
View Hotel
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I recently booked this hotel for my daughter and her friends who were attending a wedding. The hotel was not worth the high price. The rooms were very dated. They stayed in room 326 and came home with several bites from some unknown bugs. Maybe bed bugs. The room was in need of major renovations. The shower water pressure was weak with luke warm water. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever again. Bad service, overpriced rooms, and unclean facilities.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank EOE21
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Very well located especially if you are in transit between the USVI and the BVI and St John and also St Croix.
Staff are friendly and service is fine.An effort seems to be made by the operators to keep the Hotel up to date,but it has been in Charlotte Amalie for many years and the physical appearance in less than imaginative.....nevertheless everything worked just fine and everything was clean on my visit and the rates were very fair.I would definately stay there again especially if in transit to another Island as the transport facilities are within walking distance,both Ferries and Seaplanes.

Room Tip: SE side quieter and water-facing rooms not as quiet but nevertheless seem better.Very good location right across from the STT--BVI ferry dock and the Seaplane service to St Croix.Walking distance to local good eateries and a short taxi ride to better shopping.I would stay there again.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank constantsailor
Dwight T, General Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I am currently staying at this Hotel. The people who work in the Hotel have been extremely nice, but the owner or owners need to be honest. The price is not worth the stay. There are so many shanti clubs in the back of the Hotel and the music from the clubs is booming loud. It seems that the tourism department does not care to keep the clubs in control and the planning department of St Thomas does not care to keep St Thomas as a Precious Jewel. I am sad to write this post this is my mother's birth home. I used to spend so many summers here. I am so surprised this Hotel is so expensive but not worth the cost. I am so disappointed. Rent a car or use a taxi and stay on the East side of the island.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Lei14lo

Sorry don’t meet your expectations. Thank you for your business and letting us know how we can do it better. Our clients are very important for us and we’re committed to deliver the best service. Please contact me directly on your next trip to St. Thomas.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I'm sure this place used to be something back in its day. Rooms are small but air conditioner works well. Neighborhood in back is the slums. Easy 5 min walk to resturants & eating places. We stayed here because of the walking proximity to the water ferry going to Roadtown, St John to get our catamaran rental. The in Hotel resturant was a painful ordering process with slooooww service and poor food quality. The clam chowder tasted like cheese soup. My red snapper was like the frozen type you get in the fish section at Albertsons. Fun, in the compound, pool to relax and cool down. The bar is adequately stocked.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Gasman33
Reviewed 17 April 2012

A destination wedding was planned with St. Thomas USVI as the destination, 2 hotels were suggested, the wedding venue a Marriott Frenchman...or the Windward Passage. Deciding, Not to blow the whole budget on a hotel while on holiday, the lesser expensive hotel was chosen.
We were somehow booked in a suite which was much larger than the 3 Harbor side rooms we saw. Our room had a partial view of the harbor as well as other parts on the city and hilly country side. Our room was clean and hotel staff was responsive. The on-sight restaurant was mediocre but such were most dining experiences on the Island.

If your wish is for a central location, shuttle services, and security the Windward Passage is your best bet.

• Stayed: April 2012