I returned to give the Windward another try this February after some access issues last year. Very friendly when I checked in and most staff here are helpful. But service is inconsistent and it is frustrating when you ask about a local attraction, like the 99 steps and get a clipped answer to your inquiry. Food is ok, but after ordering the same breakfast 4 days in a row, and getting different prices, you wonder what happened? I do like the location here, as walking is easy to downtown and Frenchtown. They have a van to take you to the beach at Magen's bay. Disappointed to find the gift shop is closing February 28th. Noise is high on the ocean side if the party oat is out front. Cleaning is also inconsistent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie