I met a couple from Texas when I was in St. John (Trunk Bay is beautiful) last year, and this is where they stayed. They assured me it's decent, and it is. Pool is never crowded. It's a shame there is only one restaurant on site, and it's expensive. Luckily, this location is walking distance to many other restaurants and plenty of shopping. Also across the street from Charlotte Amalie ferry dock, although half the time the ferry you need is not running, so you have to go to Red Hook, anyway.
Most ladies at front desk are nice. It helps to be super nice to them first. Bribing works, especially if you need to check in a few hours early.
Complaints: Thermostat won't go below 73 degrees F. This is SET that way per the hotel. Nothing is malfunctioning, it's just that electricity is so expensive here, and they don't want guests having the ability to change it to, say, 66 degrees. So that's a bummer. Toilet slow to flush. Brown-yellow colored water comes out of bathroom sink and bathtub. I've learned to brush my teeth with bottled water. Walls, floors and ceilings are thin. I hear a lot of bumping around and noise. It's hard to fall asleep when to my left I hear people screaming and laughing out at the pool (thankfully it closes at 10pm), and to my right is the commentator at a baseball game, yelling every play over the loud speaker). I heard 4th floor has been renovated, but I'm on 2nd floor. My bathroom has been updated, but I still have an old television (1980s called and wants their television back)! I spoke to a guest on 4th floor who has a flat screen tv.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie