I admit I was hesitant to stay at this hotel because of the reviews, however we took a chance. We arrived to St Thomas without hotel reservations so decided to go with this hotel because of the price. The front desk clerk Marlene, who checked us both in & out, was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are okay, but the carpets can use a good cleaning. The pool is small but clean and refreshing. They have a pretty spiral staircase from the pool/courtyard to the first floor near the bar, but they lock it at 7pm. We did see the security guard James locking it & were disappointed because we wanted to order from the bar while at the pool. We mentioned to him that they needed a cocktail server for the pool area. Next thing we knew he was up there with the bartender Rosanne taking our drink orders. Wow! We were very impressed with the customer service. Both James and Rosanne kept coming to check on us! And she was the only one working the bar and did have a few customers there yet still took time to take care of us at the pool. Later we went and sat at the bar. Not very busy but good atmosphere. We ordered food which was pretty good. Rosanne gave us local tips on the area & suggested great places to go to. I do have to say that I was VERY impressed with the customer service here & will return. The hotel is within walking distance of some shops & restaurants as well as a flea market. By the way, there is a good Dominican place behind the hotel called Chicken Fry. VERY good, but don't walk back there after dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie