“2.5 really. Friendly staff. Hotel needs some work.”

Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My coworker and I stayed in this hotel on the way back from BVI.

Here is the positive, each employee we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The other positive was the location. You can certainly walk to the airport from here.

That ends it for me. I had hot water - my coworker did not. The shower, while I'm sure was cleaned, just made me which I had some shower shoes. The towels had stains on them. The floor just felt grimy. The AC did NOT work well. The room would be too hot and then too cold. The decor is from a few decades ago, which would be ok if everything else worked. The hallways were also of the same quality.

The restaurant food was ok for me but made my coworker ill. The internet did not work well. There were not enough outlets.

I will not stay here again, even if it means getting a cab to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Virgin Gorda the next morning. This place is about 5 minutes walk from the airport. Make a left out the airport, follow the side walk past the ticket booth, and make a right at the cross walk marking. Straight ahead from there. Our room overlooked the water and was fairly nice.

The room and hotel itself is really showing its age. Although the room was clean, thats pretty much all that could be said. The room and bathroom and rather small. I wouldn't recommend staying here more than one night. You are a 10-15 min car drive from the Charlotte Amalie area. Taxis will be expensive ($10 per son each way).

Room Tip: Good for connecting flight nights.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank RalphyC123
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel just a night sleep before went back to Miami . The hotel is old , but the room was clean . The bathroom was tiny. Not recommended for a long stay under the sun , but also not that bad for the price you pay. As everything in St. Thomas is not cheap , the breakfast is not included , and it is not cheap .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

You can literally walk about 200 yards uphill from airport to this hotel. That was great.
However, the experience after that went downhill. The hot water literally took 10 minutes to get to my room. Once I figured out the delay, the next morning I turned on the shower and left the room for coffee. The sink hot water never showed during my stay.
The restaurant is ok but not opened for lunch so I had to take a shuttle to the other Best Western to eat.
There is no true beach.
Upside: room was clean, AC worked great, and WiFi worked everywhere in the resort.
If you need a quick stay near the airport, this is ok.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Howard R
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Howard,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Carib Beach Resort. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I am truly disappointed we failed to provide the fine accommodations and service we strive for with all our guests.

We were experiencing some mechanical issues with our hot water at the time of your visit, and have taken the necessary steps to ensure the problems you experienced do not happen again. The staff has also been made aware of the comments and will take immediate corrective action.

We appreciate your patronage and hope this does not deter you from staying at another Best Western in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Missed my flight, didn't want to rent a vehicle. I was able to walk across the street from the airport in less than 10 minutes at be at the steps of this hotel. At check in things were a little chaotic and the employees, including the manager seemed to be overwhelmed. They were not the most friendly and didn't may much attention to me. I was a little bothered by the reviews and didn't expect much. However, I walked down the sidewalk across the leasing office toward my room which happened to be a cottage in front of the water. The view was beautiful once I walked down the stairs. The pool, the beach, the water was all gorgeous. Once I walked into my room, it was nicer than some apartments I had been in. The room was totally updated, it was clean, the bed was comfortable, the linens were very soft, and the internet service worked great. I really enjoyed the sliding glass door with the patio and chairs to sit and watch through the evening. I went to the Fajita bar for dinner/drinks and breakfast. The food was outstanding, very fresh, and the employees were wonderful during both trips. As I sat at the bar eating, the staff was very friendly and kept me company as I enjoyed the beautiful, peaceful setting on the water. Unfortunately I had some very noisy neighbors which had 5 people, including a loud toddler, and screaming small baby that I could hear both morning and night. This location is not close to any stores, so be prepared for a long walk or to use a taxi. Upon checking out, the staff at the desk was out of touch again. They took my key, provided me a receipt, and the only words said to me was "Please go to Trip Advisor and let us know if you had any problems". Yes, instead of asking my how my stay way. It was raining at check out and their shuttle does not provide service just hundreds of feet to the airport, so I had to stand outside under the over hang and wait on the rain to stop. Other than the loud kids and not so friendly front desk, I really enjoyed my brief stay. If I had more time available, I would have stayed another night and plan to do so when I am back in St Thomas.

Room Tip: Most definitely get a cottage!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Russ R
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Russ R,

Thank you for your comments concerning your previous stay at the Best Western Carib Beach Resort. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and hope you will accept my apologies
for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I understand how frustrating this experience may have been, with the loud group next door. We try to ensure all guests are offered the finest in service, and attention forever mindful that our Guests deserve the best treatment.

The company aims to consistently deliver professional service and to our customers and I would like to state that on this occasion the level of service you received was unacceptable.

I apologize for any annoyance that this may have caused to you. We are actively working to improve the service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Thank you again, and I hope this does not deter you from staying at another Best Western property in the near future.

BW Carib Beach Resort

Reviewed 10 August 2013

It's our 3rd stay at this hotel en route to St John. We were grateful that they had hot water. Two years prior they did not. Hotel is clean with comfortable beds. They have a lovely woman as waitress/bartender for restaurant. Good choice for short term stay en route to another location.

Room Tip: Stay in main building
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RSDBA
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

RSDBA,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western Carib Beach Resort. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced on your previous stays with us.

I am sorry we failed to provide you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests, we were experiencing some technical issues with our water heater at those times. I can assure the proper steps has been taken to ensure those problems you experienced do not happen again.

We appreciate your comments and thank you for giving us another chance to redeem ourselves, again we thank you for choosing the Best Western Carib Beach Resort .

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here because of its close proximity to the airport. This was very convenient, but we could hear the planes take off every so often. We stayed in the detached building which is better than the other building, but not really impressive. The staff was extremely friendly and helped make recommendations about the area. Do not get to the hotel before four, as you will usually have to wait for your room to be ready for check-in. Luckily a woman whose name started with "Kan" was able to get us our room shortly after we arrived, but others did have to wait for theirs. We were able to get a pretty ocean view room. We were able to shuttle over to the Emerald beach for free, which has a more impressive pool and beach area. We liked eating at the fajita restaurant for breakfast, which offers affordable and convenient dining. Dominique, our server, was attentive and was overall the ideal waitress. We ordered pizza for dinner from Dominoes, which was able to deliver to the hotel. Overall, not really enough amenities to be called a resort, the pool was satisfactory, but I would not stay here for a week.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 510Bam
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear 510bam,

Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to give us a review following your recent stay with us at the Best Western Carib Beach Resort. We do apologize for the wait and any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family, we were occupying a full house that week and some guests left late which hampers our check in ability to have every room cleaned by 4:00pm.

Your comments on our performance were most generous and will be passed on to those staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to see you again on your next trip to St. Thomas.

Kanema Ayala-Abraham

Emerald Beach Resort
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort

Been to Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!