“Cheap. Easy. Great Staff. A bit outdated”

Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas
Reviewed 10 November 2013

If you're looking for a affordable/cheap place in St Thomas - this is it. Literally right by the airport. Which is both good and bad.
The staff is very sweet and friendly. Go out of their way to talk to you at breakfast, give recommendations and make sure youre ok.
It's clean and well kept.
The downside is that the hotel/rooms look like it was built in the 80's and stayed there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great location. Right by the airport but you can't hear the planes take off or land. Also a short cab ride to downtown Charlotte Amalie. Even though this hotel has a dining room the sister hotel is just a short walk away for more dining and lunch selections.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
BWCaribBeach, Front Office Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Larry R,

Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to complete a review and comment following your visit to the Best Western Carib Beach Resort.

I am disappointed we could not meet all your requirements one the great advantages of our
restaurant service. The Emerald Beach Plus aids us as an additional source of food choices.

It is my pleasure to inform you since your last stay with us , the restaurant ambiance has changed menu changed as well the new " Oceanside Bistro" is now open and ready as well as other promotional efforts to make your dining experience a great one.

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and service and hope you would consider our hotel on your next trip to St. Thomas.

Again thank you for choosing the Best Western Carib Beach Resort have a great day!

Kanema Ayala- Abraham
Front Office Reservations Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2013

On top of having a nice clean room, accommodating staff and a beautiful view, we were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant. This place gets you away from the hustle of downtown but is close enough to feel its vibe. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My coworker and I stayed in this hotel on the way back from BVI.

Here is the positive, each employee we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The other positive was the location. You can certainly walk to the airport from here.

That ends it for me. I had hot water - my coworker did not. The shower, while I'm sure was cleaned, just made me which I had some shower shoes. The towels had stains on them. The floor just felt grimy. The AC did NOT work well. The room would be too hot and then too cold. The decor is from a few decades ago, which would be ok if everything else worked. The hallways were also of the same quality.

The restaurant food was ok for me but made my coworker ill. The internet did not work well. There were not enough outlets.

I will not stay here again, even if it means getting a cab to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Virgin Gorda the next morning. This place is about 5 minutes walk from the airport. Make a left out the airport, follow the side walk past the ticket booth, and make a right at the cross walk marking. Straight ahead from there. Our room overlooked the water and was fairly nice.

The room and hotel itself is really showing its age. Although the room was clean, thats pretty much all that could be said. The room and bathroom and rather small. I wouldn't recommend staying here more than one night. You are a 10-15 min car drive from the Charlotte Amalie area. Taxis will be expensive ($10 per son each way).

Room Tip: Good for connecting flight nights.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank RalphyC123
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel just a night sleep before went back to Miami . The hotel is old , but the room was clean . The bathroom was tiny. Not recommended for a long stay under the sun , but also not that bad for the price you pay. As everything in St. Thomas is not cheap , the breakfast is not included , and it is not cheap .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

You can literally walk about 200 yards uphill from airport to this hotel. That was great.
However, the experience after that went downhill. The hot water literally took 10 minutes to get to my room. Once I figured out the delay, the next morning I turned on the shower and left the room for coffee. The sink hot water never showed during my stay.
The restaurant is ok but not opened for lunch so I had to take a shuttle to the other Best Western to eat.
There is no true beach.
Upside: room was clean, AC worked great, and WiFi worked everywhere in the resort.
If you need a quick stay near the airport, this is ok.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Howard R
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Howard,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Carib Beach Resort. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I am truly disappointed we failed to provide the fine accommodations and service we strive for with all our guests.

We were experiencing some mechanical issues with our hot water at the time of your visit, and have taken the necessary steps to ensure the problems you experienced do not happen again. The staff has also been made aware of the comments and will take immediate corrective action.

We appreciate your patronage and hope this does not deter you from staying at another Best Western in the future.

Kanema Ayala- Abraham

#4 of 5 in East End
Point Pleasant Resort
Point Pleasant Resort
#1 of 5 in East End

Been to Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!