Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$219
US$206
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$317
US$286
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$354
US$344
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$640
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswalking distance from the airportshort stayvirgin islandsgreat beachbviconvenienceferrycaribbeancharter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hotel is ok. A good choice for the airport (across the street) but not to spend your whole vacation. Rooms are clean, service is very good. The restaurant is located by the sea: nice food, drinks and view.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
BWCaribBeach, Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and letting us know how your experience was.

We take pride in our location, and we are glad you were able to get to us easily. Our goal is to not only have a convenient location to and from the airport, but have great customer service and clean rooms. It’s great that you thought our service was very good and enjoyed our restaurant, Oceanside Bistro!

Again, thanks for your review on Carib Beach Resort.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for one night with family before ferrying over to St. John. My mother had the Agave room which was decent but we had Room 110 by the lounge which was disgusting. I actually wore flip flops in the shower it was so gross!I I paid about $200 for this disgusting (moldy) room and will say this place is nothing more than a dirty MOTEL that should cost no more than $75!! Seriously find somewhere else to stay if at all possible. I did not see the rooms in the actual hotel, I was located in an out-building area. Maybe they are better? Completely stay away from the block of rooms by the lounge!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mommy11837
BWCaribBeach, Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Carib Beach Resort. We believe in taking the time to read each review, both good and bad, to see what we need to do to make our guests experience better.

We do have a cleaning service that comes through daily to clean each and every room and we take cleaning our resort very seriously. All of the rooms use the proper cleaning materials, and are thoroughly cleaned. I’m sorry that you weren’t pleased with room 110, but we will address the discolored grout as soon as possible.

Again, thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights before moving onto our rental house. Overall, it's convenient as it's steps away from the airport and more reasonably priced than most hotels--it was also VERY clean.

Positives: Clean, convenient to the airport for a short stay, free hourly shuttle to their sister location Best Western Emerald Beach, cheaper than most hotels, restaurant/bar, pool, COMFORTABLE bed

Negatives: The restaurant/bar is not open for lunch, a small man-made beach for lounging, did not provide extra towels when we asked housekeeping (she said we only get two), not walking distance to city center, did not accommodate ANY early check-ins, and the shower head pretty much had ZERO pressure (it took me SOOO long to walk my hair. it took a few minutes to feel like i was even wet).

If you're looking for a clean place to rest your head, this is a great choice. If you're looking to be walking distance to town, this may not be the best choice

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
BWCaribBeach, Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for reviewing Carib Beach Resort about your two night stay with us. We appreciate every review we receive and take the time to read each one and reply to as many as we can.

It’s great to hear you were comfortable in our beds and took advantage of our shuttle that runs hourly between resorts. We believe in making everyone’s stay as comfortable as possible and our location makes it easy for the traveler, being just a short walk from the airport. Our restaurant isn’t open for lunch, but the shuttle will give you a quick ride over to Emerald Beach Resort so you can dine at Caribbean Fusion and relax at the beautiful, white sand beach of Lindbergh Bay.

We try our best to accommodate all of our guests needs, so we give out one bath towel and one beach towel per guest. Because we are located on an island with minimal fresh water sources, our water pressure isn’t as high as most are accustom to. Also, our check-in process is based on cleaning the rooms. We want to insure that all the rooms are at the optimal cleanliness before we let our guests move their bags in.

It is always a pleasure to read and review comments, so thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

One of the least expensive places on the island. Older, but clean property. Never busy for breakfast or at the bar. Very noisy at night when the nightclub across the bay stays open all night. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for writing a review about Carib Beach Resort. We are always interested in what our guests have to say about their stay with us!

We do our very best on keeping our resort clean so all of our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Also, we believe that having top notch service is very important! It’s great to hear that everyone was friendly and helpful.

Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had an early morning flight so I had to stay here 1 night. This is an airport hotel. They put some fake sand down with many of the lounge chairs broken and there is a small pool. They make their guests take a shuttle to the sister hotel to eat. I saw many guests quite annoyed at this. And they do not tell you that they do not have food. I went to the restaurant and they told me I had to call a shuttle or walk to another property to eat. The rooms are average at best, the phone doesn't work, the tv had issues, and the balcony door had a pin lock and not very good. There are guests in the halls trying to get Wifi, and the walls are very thin so I could hear other tv, etc. And for the price it really is over priced. I didn't feel like going to the other property so I waited until 3pm when the beach bar opens and they have small snacks and the waitress told me to come back as she was doing inventory and the front desk said since it is snack food I should go to the other property. I could hear loud music from the other place and I think they want people to go and eat and drink there and spend money. Also, check in is 4pm if you are lucky and they don't care if you are tired or have travel plans. I really didn't like their business decisions as they care about their bottom line and not the guests comfort or experience so I would never stay here again and this also is a bad mark for all Best Westerns as I will stay where the guest is cared about. Also when I checked out in the early am, did not receive wake up call, and had to wait at reception. And rude staff. So I cannot recommend unless you absolutely have to stay due to early 5 or 6 am flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
BWCaribBeach, Manager at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

First of all, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. No matter good or bad, reviews help us better ourselves so we know what we have to work on for future guests.

We believe our location is ideal for not only the early morning traveling, but anyone looking to spend some time in the beautiful Virgin Islands. It is true we are very close to the airport, which makes early morning flights convenient! On property, we have a manmade beach and pool for all the guests to use, but we also offer a bigger pool and large beautiful beach over at our sister hotel, Emerald Beach Resort, which has a shuttle running on the hour every hour to and from both resorts.

We offer both breakfast and dinner at our resort, but we do have a lunch option over at Emerald Beach Resort. We try our best to make the shuttle service as easy for the guest as possible to get between the resorts. We sincerely apologize for the waitresses remarks and we will get to the bottom of who and why they handled the situation in that manner so next time they can make a more appropriate approach.

It is unfortunate to hear about the difficulties you experienced with the phones, and wifi. We are always trying to find the latest wifi to make our resort user friendly as possible.

The loud music was due to the live music performances down at Emerald Beach and both Carib and Emerald beach guests are invited to join. We try to give the guests some fun and unique options while staying here with us.

I am really sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and that you didn’t receive a wake up call. We truly are striving to make improvements with not only technically difficulties, but customer service.

Our goal is for all of our guests to have a pleasant experience when staying at Carib Beach Resort and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations when you were staying with us and I would be happy to discuss your recent stay and how we can do better next time!