The room had a wonderful view and was literally right on the beach which was great. Our room was on the second floor right next to the outdoor seating for the restuarant. Even with a wedding party dining there on a Monday night it was not too noisy when the patio door was closed. We were able to get wifi in our room since my husband brought his lap top. The flat screen TV had cable but not many channels to choose from and no local stations at all.
The bed was comfortable and housekeeping did a great job of tidying the room while we were out. The tile floor felt slightly slimy except for immediately after it was mopped and I always had to wipe my feet off before I put on my shoes or sandles but that was no big deal. We saw the little tiny ant like bugs but they were only in the bathroom and around the refrigerator area. A few mosiqitoes in the room but we had the patio door open alot to enjoy the tropical air. When we slept we used the AC which worked perfectly.
The plane noise was not an issue, we noticed the noise when we were on the beach but not so much in the room. It is great that they stop flying after 8pm and not before 9 am. We had drinks and sandwiches in the cabana on our first day there and the service was good. My husband went back there for a sandwhich another day and couldn't get waited on. The bartender was a different person and she said the computer was down and was looking rather frazzled.
We had good snorkeling and no problem getting a couple of chairs but the beach towels were another story entirely. We stayed there 6 nights and 6 days. It took us 4 days in a row of constantly going down to the front desk in the morning before we finally got a couple of beach towels. We were always told they would be ready in about an hour to 1 1/2 hours and were given extra bath towels. On the morning of day four the front desk staff offered to have someone put them in our room when they were ready which was great. That would have been a nice offer on day one.
The fitness room is tiny, it has a flat screen TV and about four pieces of equipment. Not bad if you are in there alone but feels cramped when anyone joins you.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone but I would not want to walk with my luggage from the airport. It is close and there is a nice sidewalk so if you don't have a car that would be an option if you were trying to save money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie