We stayed here two nights. I was impressed. The hotel has four buildings, each with three floors and 6 rooms on each floor. It is a small place. Every room has a door on the front with a balcony or patio fronting the beach. The beach is VERY nice for swimming, calm waters in a bay and was very clean. At night we sat out on the beach and relaxed. The hotel does not charge fees for using the beach furniture or umbrellas. We swam in the ppol which was very nice, but small.
Overall it feels like a 1970's motor lodge on the beach; and I say that in a "quaint" way. Tile floors in the room, a VERY comfortable bed. Room was clean and attractive, a small 32" flat screen TV.
Restaurant was VERY expensive ($30 per entree) but was very good. The bar was awesome, an outside drinking hole like you would hope to find at a place like this.
Overall, it was not "resort" like, but was an outstanding hotel.
This is an airport hotel, at the airport. Expect planes overhead.
I would stay here again for a short stay.
Internet was reliable and free but wired. Wired means, only one laptop at a time, so my wife and I had to share internet time...
Very limited food choices without a car. The other best western carribean resort is next door. I did not go over but a staff member told us they have a mexican restaurant that is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie