“and the sunset made us fall all over again”

Emerald Beach Resort
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Have you ever been so low you couldn't laugh? Or so cold you couldn't stop shaking? Maybe it was work or losing a friend or close loved one. The ticker just seems to tic at a slower speed than it used too.
Well a five minute walk from a not so noisy Airport and a handful of change and the wonderful lilt of my island hotel's sweet, reservationist voice, Giselle echoes softly like the steel drum and I feel the smile in my soul returning. Paul, my "Elvis fan" waiter/friend and all the kind staff who laugh at my silliness, thaw the thick coating of glacial ice that has gathered around my heart, their presence, warming inside, all that once was frozen humanity, in me. It's just about this time of year I make the reservation and then I'm able to start dreaming again of my island family.
There is an old saying "life is what you make of it" I'm here to say Giselle and Paul and all the staff I know down there have made life for me for those eternal minutes paradise. So much so that I find myself wiping away the tears as our plane departs. Life is what you make it and the emerald of Lindbergh isn't perfect ,but it's still the jewel of St. Thomas It will always hold a very special place in this island wanna be's, heart. Joseph n Cindy
P.S. I just wish they'd let the front desk people have Air conditioning. and let us have a few hours of sweet and romantic dancing music at night. Thanks, JH

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scubeedive
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

I want to thank you for the review of your most recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort. It warmed my heart reading your poetic and beautiful description of Emerald Beach Resort and all of our Very Special Employees!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

we just returned from a weeks vacation from this beautiful hidden paradise.
if your looking for a ritz, its not, but it is probably 1 of the most beautiful beaches i have ever visited and i have traveled all around the world.

the rooms.. very nice size & clean with large balconies. on and off little water pressure problems, but u r on a island. no big deal.

front desk girls.. tiffany & co. the best! they help u in anyway posssible. super friendly.

the restaurant. food was very good a little pricey, but all food on island is pricey.

breakfast. go right next door on the beach to the beachcomber. its kind of dumpy looking but its safe. the coffee, food & prices are better for breakfast only.

the beach bar. morgan, zack & tony are the best. miss u guys. the hamburgers are the best i have ever had. we ate 1 everyday.

most people brought their own thermos and made their own drinks for the beach. when u land at the airport the booze and cigarrettes are right there and very cheap as well. so buy ur own booze and juice at the airport when u land.

the airport being so close to the hotel was not an issue at all. only a few planes come in each day and never heard any at night. it was actually kind of cool to watch some take off right above ur head.

the beach. the prettiest 1 i have ever seen. no waves, no rocks, no seaweed, no crowds. the couple days that the cruise ships come u might get 30 more people on the beach. they stay for a couple hours and then they leave. no big deal.

also after talking to the natives there, we were told do not walk anywhere at night in the dark. kind of common sense.

the only draw back is to go to any other restaurant then the resort u have to use a taxi and its $24 round trip which adds up. rental cars for the week was averaging over $300. so unless u feel like spending alot on transportation u r pretty much confined to the hotel.

the hotel will shuttle u to their sister hotel across the bay to the mexican restaurant which has the best mexican pizza i have ever had. the restaurant is nice but a little depressing. no patrons, no music no atmosphere but food was good.

++a good idea for the resort is maybe they should offer a free shuttle to different restaurants throughout the week. it would please the guests and help the restaurants on the island.++

DO NOT RENT A SCOOTER and if u do, do not use BIZ rentals.
we rented 1 and received a unsafe scooter. they were filling the front tire with air before we got on it. then we took off and didnt even make it a mile and coming down a large winding mountain we almost wiped out because the tire was flat again. we waited almost an hour for Biz rental to pick us up in the middle of no where and then we told him we no longer wanted the 3 day scooter due to safety and then the owner was not happy. he still charged my credit card and he refused to bring us back to our hotel. he was very nasty. part of the deal was free transportaion to and from the hotel. BAD business man!

well all i can say is this is a great place to visit. i will be back many more times.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kat s

It is always wonderful to hear from Guests about their recent Visit and their experiences at Emerald Beach Resort. It is our great pleasure to serve our guests and to provide them with a wonderful vacation destination offering friendly customer service at a great value. As you stated, our location is spectacular and the beach is beautiful!

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the scooter rental as they are usually very professional and friendly when offering their services to our Guests!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Emerald Beach Resort on your next visit. Welcome to the Family!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hotel is overall average to good, but the location is excellent situated right on the beach which is stunning. Next door to the airport which if busy would have been the downside, but there are only a few planes per day so it is not that bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

It is always wonderful to hear feedback from our guests and I thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent trip to Emerald Beach Resort in beautiful St. Thomas! We take all of our reviews seriously and are continuously making improvements and upgrades to Emerald Beach Resort.

Thanks again and see you next time!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just returned from our stay at Emerald Beach (Aug 2013). I was worried when our plane landed, and as we were taxiing down the runway, I looked out the window, and the hotel was right there. Despite the closeness to the airport, the noise did not bother us at all. About 10 (at the most) planes flew over each day, and the noise only lasted a few seconds. Our room was immaculate and spacious (two double beds). The balcony was big for a hotel room balcony, and all the rooms overlook the beach. The pool area was nice, and the beach was beautiful. It was small and quiet, very clean and no rocks. They do not charge the guests to use the beach chairs or umbrellas. The only thing I can possibly see as being a drawback is that cruise ships passengers come to use the beach as well. Since it was off season, there was only one ship in port each day, which was not an issue, but if there are more ships, I can see it becoming too crowded. The food at the restaurant was ok, the burgers were huge. Food was a little pricey, but comparable to other restaurants on the island. We will definitely be staying here on our next visit.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, just stairs. If you can, ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The view is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I do want to thank you for your review about your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort. Emerald Beach Resort is conveniently located near the airport and a short distance from downtown Charlotte Amalie. The St. Thomas airport is small and most of our flights come within a few hours during the afternoon and we do not experience any nighttime air traffic at all!

Our beachfront location offers beautiful views and a wonderful sandy beach for our guests to enjoy! We do have one of the most beautiful and largest beach locations of any Resort located on St. Thomas!

We pride ourselves on our friendly customer service and always try to give our guests a great value, both at our Resort and in our Restaurants. Our Island location requires our food to be shipped in and we do our best not to pass that additional food cost on to our Guests!

Emerald Beach has a large and growing family and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I booked this through travelocity and got a great deal so I decided to give it a try. You can literally walk to this place within 10 minutes from the airport. It's a quick easy walk with a sidewalk along side of the runway. The hotel has a small but beautiful beach. Every room is beach front and you can't beat the breathtaking views. I was in 4301 which was pretty standard. The bed was comfortable and clean as well as the bathroom. The tile floors were nice and kept very clean. The furnishings were a bit old and dated but it didn't matter since you aren't in the room very long. The water pressure wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. The service at the hotel was amazing, the front desk staff, the bartenders, the waitstaff etc. were all nice and pleasant every day! The food wasn't amazing but it wasn't too bad either. There aren't any other options within walking distance except for the Beachcomber hotel next store, which I would HIGHLY recommend. The food and service there was also amazing. There isn't much to do unless you have a car. You can walk to the mini market which is about a 10 minute walk along the main road for some general merchandise and of course alcohol and food. The beach bar is open late and the drinks are good, you can also walk next store to the beachcomber hotel for drinks, which are also very good. If you are looking for a relaxing weekend with not much excitement this is the place to be. Decent food, great view, excellent staff and a nice small beach bar.

Room Tip: 4301 was a nice room with a great view. Water pressure is so so but not bad enough to where it would...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MariaP123

I am pleased that you found Emerald Beach Resort an enjoyable, affordable, friendly and convenient travel destination! Emerald Beach Resort guests enjoy one of the nicest Beachfront Locations on St. Thomas. Lindbergh Bay is a beautiful white, sandy beach; perfect for swimming with a variety of water sport activities available for your enjoyment!

Welcome to the Family and we look forward to your Speedy Return!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Sitting on one of the nice beaches in St. Thomas, and less than a mile from the airport, lies a very nice hotel. A fun bar scene with daily happy hours by the pool. Good restaurant and bar food. Nutty bartenders, and a super friendly and accommodating staff. Clean, tile-floored rooms, with refrigerators, in-room safes, and wonderful views. Nice shaded pool with waterfall. We stayed in the farthest building from the airport runway, on an upper floor, and were not bothered by late-night pool and bar noise nor airport operations. There is a good convenience store within walking distance. Walk to the end of the runway, and you can catch a ride on a local hop-on/hop-off taxi-truck for $1 into town. Ask the desk for details.

Room Tip: The farthest building from the street is quiet. E-mail them to ask for these rooms. They respond the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vance K

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort. We are very proud of our friendly and hard-working staff! Our goal at Emerald Beach is for our each one of our Guests to have a wonderful experience at a Great Value! We look forward to welcoming you back to Emerald Beach Resort when your travel plans bring you back to St. Thomas!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

If I could give this hotel a half star I would and that would only be for the rooms being clean. I say rooms because we had to change after the second night due to SO MUCH noise. I asked the first day to be placed as far away from the bar as possible, it was Wed. She told me, sorry that building is closed. Guess what? Two nights later on Friday that building mysteriously had people in it all the while I had to put up with noise. I went down Friday night at 10 pm and demanded another room because the noise from the bar and pool wouldn't quit. The water went out three times in 5 days for hours at a time. The tub backed up and you would stand in dirty water as you showered. Never ever again. I'll never even stay in another Best Western because of this. This hotel actually made me want to get in a plane and leave the island early.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Kimbug1969
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort! It is extremely rare for us to receive any complaints about noise at our bar and restaurant. We are better known for our quiet and relaxing atmosphere than our noisy night time crowd. This is definitely outside of the norm at Emerald Beach Resort and we do apologize for any noise that you experienced while you were staying with us.

We have a very hands on management team that is always happy to assist our Guests with any issues and concerns that they may be having. It is also common for us to perform extra maintenance work and cleaning during certain times of the year. We may take buildings out of order to perform this extra work and the status of any Building can change on a daily basis.

Our goal is for all of our guests to have a pleasant experience when staying with us at Emerald Beach Resort and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations when you were staying with us. I am always available to discuss your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort!

340-777-8800 Ext 5101

Point Pleasant Resort
Point Pleasant Resort
#1 of 5 in East End
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!