“Business/Pleasure Trip”

Emerald Beach Resort
Atlanta, GA
“Business/Pleasure Trip”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Spent 12 days in April at Emerald Beach and enjoyed it very much. Stayed in Bldg 3 - 2nd floor and loved the location/view (all rooms are beachfront). The rooms are basic but very clean and had everything we needed. I was told prior to arrival that if you wanted a microwave in room - just make a request. This is not the case - no microwaves available.
I enjoyed the food (lunch/dinner) that I had at the resort - especially the lobster!! I did not eat breakfast at the resort...service was very slow the two times I tried.
The location near airport was never a problem. Minimal flights in/out and I enjoyed watching he planes take off.
The staff was GREAT! Linda (Sales) was very helpful, Donna (concierge/tours) was full of great information about the island and pointed us to some great spots (Thanks for Hull Bay tip!). Tiffany at the front desk is very personable/helpful; I looked forward to seeing her smiling face every am (thanks for my sunglasses ;-) Tiffany. Last but not least....Tony. Bartender, Jet Ski tour guide, DJ - he does it all! We had a large group and he managed to take care of all the entire week. The tours he set up were great (many first timers on the ski's); he made sure they all felt comfortable with the ski's - everyone had a wonderful time!
Until next time.....

Room Tip: Building 3 - 2nd floor (keep in mind - no elevators).
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank debiSTS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2013

At check-in I was issued a keycard to 1204 which failed to work on 3 separate trips to the room with bags in tow . Finally they changed the room to 1206. No remote to the TV - the "houseman" made 2 trips with different remotes and finally found the original under the bedroom dresser. In the end it was not worth the trouble as the channels were limited - I only wanted to watch the news, got a weak signal and a picture w/o sound. Internet WiFi signal was strong but speed and bandwidth is limited so you will get kicked off several times if you are doing corp. e-mail from the "mainland". Food at the restaurant was average with limited selection but the beach is absolutely one of the best on the island and the rooms are reasonably clean. This is a good stop for convenience and short stays if you need to be near Charlotte Amalie but not for a vacation.

Room Tip: Consider alternatives if you have the budget
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Staff and accommodations were just what we needed. Close to the beach and shopping. The staff were very friendly and checked to make sure everything was in order in our room. We even received free rum punch!! Next time we travel to Saint Thomas we will surely stay there.

Room Tip: Walking distance from the airport.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nibog40
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
I want to thank you for visiting us at Emerald Beach Resort in beautiful St. Thomas and also for writing a review of your stay! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful Resort and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Linda Mason
Sales Manager
Johns Creek, Georgia

Until next time.....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Nevada, Iowa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really thought that i was in for a sketchy roach motel when i saw the price for a 7 day stay. But after seeing the property and then seeing my room i knew where i'd be staying if i ever came back to St Thomas again. It wasnt fancy or elegant but it was everything i needed. Nice clean room, plenty of space, incredible staff and not hard on my wallet at all which left me more room for fun! Im sold..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank seth k
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

If you are traveling in a budget or like to spend your money on other things, you should stay in the Emerald Beach-Best Western.

I go to St Thomas annually, and I have stayed in many resorts of the area, but the Ritz. As a result, I have compared these other hotels (Marriott Frenchman, Secret Harbour, sugar bay) to the Emerald, and I have decided to stay here for three reasons, beach, service and value.

This is a small owner operated hotel, and it gives a sense of relaxing mode that local resorts don't offer. In addition, it has a great private beach. Other hotels simply do not have one.

The rooms at the Emerald are not fancy, but are well equipped; flat tv, iphone charger-radio, coffee maker, safe and fridge.

Last but not least, you can walk to the airport if you wish so. This is very convenient, if you want to save money on transportation.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Shoorty
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Have you ever been so low you couldn't laugh? Or so cold you couldn't stop shaking? Maybe it was work or losing a friend or close loved one. The ticker just seems to tic at a slower speed than it used too.
Well a five minute walk from a not so noisy Airport and a handful of change and the wonderful lilt of my island hotel's sweet, reservationist voice, Giselle echoes softly like the steel drum and I feel the smile in my soul returning. Paul, my "Elvis fan" waiter/friend and all the kind staff who laugh at my silliness, thaw the thick coating of glacial ice that has gathered around my heart, their presence, warming inside, all that once was frozen humanity, in me. It's just about this time of year I make the reservation and then I'm able to start dreaming again of my island family.
There is an old saying "life is what you make of it" I'm here to say Giselle and Paul and all the staff I know down there have made life for me for those eternal minutes paradise. So much so that I find myself wiping away the tears as our plane departs. Life is what you make it and the emerald of Lindbergh isn't perfect ,but it's still the jewel of St. Thomas It will always hold a very special place in this island wanna be's, heart. Joseph n Cindy
P.S. I just wish they'd let the front desk people have Air conditioning. and let us have a few hours of sweet and romantic dancing music at night. Thanks, JH

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scubeedive
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
I want to thank you for the review of your most recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort. It warmed my heart reading your poetic and beautiful description of Emerald Beach Resort and all of our Very Special Employees!

Best Wishes,

#3 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!