“This is what hospitality is all about!”

Emerald Beach Resort
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I just can't say enough about the friendly, helpful staff at this lovely resort on beautiful St. Thomas, USVI! Although the facility is gorgeous, situated on beautiful Lindbergh Bay, with each room having a fabulous view of the water and the beach literally right beneath our balcony, it was the staff who made our week long stay so wonderful! Every person there, from the front desk agents, to the housekeeping staff, to the wait staff and bartenders and Bethany, the woman who runs the gift shop and helps to plan excursions...each and every one of these people truly understands that they are in the business of hospitality. All of these lovely people made my friend and I feel that we were welcome and that our comfort and enjoyment was very important. The room was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed: mini-fridge, safe, tile floor, comfortable beds, large plasma TV (which we never once turned on), plenty of clean towels, beautiful island art on the walls, and most importantly, a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the beach and bay. The property is on a beautiful beach with good snorkeling on the rocks and reefs, and also has a nice pool with a waterfall. It also has a great Tiki Bar right on the beach with excellent bar food and cocktails, and very friendly bartenders. The front desk has beach towels available for guest use and was always available to answer questions about attractions and transportation. The location is right next to the airport but we rarely heard plane noise and never at night. It was quiet and peaceful. It is also within walking distance of a mini-mart and larger grocery store, quite handy if you are staying a while for stocking your room with snacks and drinks. The room was an excellent value and I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a great beach vacation at a good price.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony overlooking the bay and beach. There is no elevator. If mobility is an is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Emerald Beach Resort

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I do some work on St. Thomas, and I like staying here. I've taken my wife and she likes it too. All the rooms and the bar and restaurant overlook the beach. They have free wireless internet. I noticed some minor updates since the last time I was there - new flat screen tv's and new fixtures in the bathroom. It's right next to the airport. There's no shuttle. It's a really short cab ride. This time I walked from the airport like the flight crews do - about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: 3 floors - no elevator. I ask for the 1st floor, which is right on the beach, because I don't w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great room with view over the water. Odd location right next to the airport might put some people off but there are few flights and once in the hotel you never think about it. Rooms are very clean and well maintained.

Service is very good which is unusual on St Thomas. Internet worked very well and they had a Managers reception the night I was there. Had dinner which was very good quality.

It is close enough that if you have light luggage you can actually just walk to the hotel from the terminal. A little way from Downtown but basically there is nothing to do there anyway so just enjoy the beach here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luischable
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been staying at the Best Western Plus Emerald Beach Resort for six years in a row during my yearly trip to St. Thomas. It is right on the beach (Lindbergh Bay), rooms are plentiful, and I find the staff to be quite friendly. I think it is the best value of any of the other hotels in St. Thomas that are on the beach. Many others are quite expensive, making me not want to stay anywhere else.

There is a restaurant on premises that serves a satisfying breakfast, and also has lunch and dinner menus, along with a beach bar. The rooms are not particularly fancy but are cozy and spacious. Every room has a balcony that looks onto the beach.

Only downside-- make sure to bring your bug spray as the area, like most in the VI, can have its share of mosquitos!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view of the beach, although be prepared to walk up the stairs!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank curlysue41382
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

It is always wonderful to hear from our Repeat Guests who continue to be a part of our Emerald Beach Family! We love having you stay with us year after year! From our wonderful location, our beautiful views, our fabulous dining options, to our friendly customer service; we strive to offer our guests the best quality and service at a Great Value! Thanks again and see you next time!

Linda Mason
Sales and Events Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Fantastic location - on one of the nicest beaches in St.Thomas, still very close to the airport and only about 5-7 minutes away from Downtown.
The restaurant& beach bar offer great service and tasty food.Enjoy a lovely meal while admiring the sunset (you can take great pictures).
The beach offers lounge chairs and umbrellas and lost of shade from the palm trees.If you really need to access the internet (I would not suggest as you might be on vacation, right?) there is Wifi that is accessible both inside the hotel and on the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms are great as they all have breathtaking water view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Magdalena C
Reviewed 14 October 2013

DH and I spent one night here on our way to St. John. The view from the rooms (3rd floor, building 3 to be away from the beach bar) was breathtaking. We just sat on the beach when we arrived mid-afternoon, then retired to our room to look at the beach and ocean some more (15 feet away from our room!)

It is *right* next door to the airport, i.e. you can walk if you want, but since STT only has a few flights (maybe 5?) during the daytime hours, the noise was not a problem at all. If the airport gets busier in coming years, that could be a noise issue, but fine for now.

Parking was easy and free, and front desk staff was great. They provided directions to specific restaurants we asked about (forget a GPS, no street signs in STT or STJ.) They also allowed us to check in early once our room was ready. Early check-in was really important to me, as I hate to leave my bags sitting in an office area where anyone could access them on their way from the restroom. A locked closet for baggage hold would make me more comfortable, though I understand there isn't always space for that.

Now, for the few minor negative points:

Regarding wifi: it is not wifi, but WIRED ETHERNET in the rooms. The only place they have wifi is in the front office (maybe some of the closer buildings can access that router, but we couldn't on iPhones.) If I was staying here longer than a night, I might bring my spare router and set it up in the room.

The rooms were bright and airy, but need some finish work done. The sliding balcony doors don't close correctly or completely, the freestanding faucet for the basin sink was *very* loose, and there were some caulking issues in the bathroom. If they want to put me up at the hotel, I would be happy to come remedy those problems in all of their rooms for free!

There is a sweet, but probably ownerless, kitty on the property that I would love to see fed and cared for at the resort. I wish I had brought some kitty food because it was nice to have an escort to our room, and I'm sure he keeps any mice issues at bay.

One final note: There are no microwaves in the rooms, which is a shame, as there is plenty of space to add them. So if you want to warm up your coffee or croissant, you are out of luck. Also note, there are no bottle openers anywhere except the beach bar (the front desk does have corkscrews for wine.) If you bring a six-pack of Corona to enjoy on your balcony, be sure to bring your own opener!

Overall, it was a nice place and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Third building, third floor, room farthest away from the bar for view and quiet! (Fourth building wa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

An amazing hotel, great restaurant and very helpful staff!! The rooms are lovely and the beach is 5 steps from the front of the hotel. All rooms are air conditioned also. Stayed here for a week on my tour around the Virgin Islands. Wifi is available throughout the resort although you have to log in again when swiping between different areas. The airport is next yo the hotel but there is minimal noise and flights in or out. Although this us handy when transferring from your flight to the hotel. Overall, a fabulous hotel. I would recommend it again.

Room Tip: Buy mosquito spray, they live near the beach and the bites are bad.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

We truly appreciate you staying with us on your recent trip and want to thank you for your wonderful Review! We look forward to having you visit us again when your travel plans bring you back to St Thomas!

Linda Mason

The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in South Coast

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!