Reason for trip:
My family and I stayed here for one night so we could be close to the airport for our early departure. We picked this location over Carib based on traveller reviews. Caneel Bay in St John called and arranged an early checkin for us so we could have time to shop in Charlotte Amalie. No problems with early checkin whatsoever.
We were all pleasantly surprised that the property was well-maintained, and very clean. The service was fine, no problems or rude behavior from the staff, very easy-going. Our room was tidy and clean, although we only had one towel in the bathroom and the shower/bath didn't work or we were unable to figure it out, so we had to bathe in the tub with the water running which was a bit inconvenient. The beds were comfy and we had plenty of linens and pillows and a GREAT AC!! which was nice, we were ready for some cold air.
After our return from Charlotte Amalie, our daughter went to the pool and my husband and I went to the bar. I took a little dip in the bay and the water was pristine and calm, with little white fish I've grown fond of in the USVI shoreline waters. There were several families enjoying the beach and waters, with many snorkellers and many children playing in the waters. A small boy with arm-floaties told me of his skill of snorkelling, and his fisherman skills. He assured me he could catch one the baby fish for me if I wanted him to. :D
My husband and I were surprised and THRILLED to see Craig at the beach bar to tend to our drinks. We met him two years before in Drakes Passage at the harbor bar and had actually been looking for him again this trip, so we could update our family photo with him! To our delight the stars aligned and allowed us to cross paths again and he got us sufficiently tipsy again! One of the best bartenders and greatest personalities of our life!
He was relieved by Zach from Chicago, an equally skilled and friendly barkeep! He humored us by allowing us to call him "Woody" (due to his similar appearance), and he served us all a delicious dinner from Portofino. (Husband had Lobster, I had Ravioli, and the little one had Alfredo.) Really delicious and great value.
Resident Iguanas are friendly and like to be fed fruit and veg from the patrons.
Great, great, great cab driver from new york was there at 0600 hrs when we went outside to hail a cab. Wish I got his name! But he wokrs in New york in the summers and St Thomas from Dec-May usually, this time later due to grandkids visiting...he had 26 grandkids!
Resident kitties, 2 that I could see. very sweet, very friendly, wanted some love...purrr
Great, budget-friendly, no problems. Highly recommend for convenience, price, and experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie