To the left of the beach on a hill is a loud plant with a smoke stack that is constantly running and putting out black smoke. If the wind blows towards the hotel, you get covered in the smoke. To the right, is another hotel and next to it is a public park. It is dirty and usually has gatherings of loud people with LOUD music. There is no peace and quiet.
The water is beautiful.
The beach is a public beach and whatever you do, do not get a room on the first floor. Anyone can climb right over your railing and come right into your room if your balcony door is not bolted. Even the second floor rooms can be accessed by a quick climb.
It is a sad fact but there were homeless people (2) sleeping on the beach while we were there. On the right end of the hotel there are tents set up for the staff as a break area. We were in room 1206 which was right above this area and on a few nights, the two men slept in that area and smoked. This all came right into the room. The staff was aware of them staying in there as one morning I listened as they were told to "take their time but to go ahead and get going". I feel for them really but if the staff wants to help them, how about they take them home and not give them shelter 15 feet away from where I just spent 1000.00 to stay after working my butt off all year to save for? Had I known they were there I would stayed somewhere else and given them a hundred bucks. At least I would have been able to sleep with the balcony door open. The one man was on the beach two different days trying to hit on the women there and would run off when a man in the woman’s party would come around.
Do not even think of trying to check in before 4pm, it will not happen. Beach bar needs to be scrubbed with bleach and the trash dumped.
Plus side: The woman who cleaned the room was a sweetheart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie