“The best starting point for the Virgin Islands”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Miller Manor Guest House
Reviewed 23 May 2009

This is a great little place with the best hosts who are always willing to help with anything you need. Rooms are simple and clean. Neighborhood not great, but the grounds seem safe with a gate/cameras and a dog. Within walking distance to anything you need, but I don't recommend walking home at night.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Miller Manor Guest House

Reviewed 9 May 2009

The miller manor has done more for me n my child than i could have ever asked or even hoped for,so i would like to let everyone know that u could not bring your child to a more loving environment.I came to Miller Manor as a single father about three years ago with my one year old daughter looking for a place to stay while trying to find a permanant home,and have stayed here since.There are many reasons why i have spent the last three years here,but the strongest reason is because of the people here who are now part of my family,Harry n Marge "who have done everything but legaly adopted us", Dean "my brother", and Sal,Frank, and Carl all my dear friends not to mention the other guests who love this place so much they stay here all year.My daughter is four now,and trust me when i tell u that she is a handfull.It is nice to know that after working all day long i can come home to the Manor and sit back on the balcony n enjoy one of the most beautiful views on st thomas.Marge likes to keep an endless supply of Bubbles on the porch"one of my daughters favorite things to do"for everybody to use,children and adults everybody can participate.There are lots of kitties around, but my daughter had been asking for her own little kitty.Without even having to think about it Marge said with her usual smile"i dont know how i could say no to her.I could sit here and write a novel about the kindness and generosity of Harry n Marge,and how they make this place feel like home and even though you are not around your reletives you are always with Family here.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2009

Miller Manor Guest House is more like an Inn from the 19th Century (which is when it was established) or a modern day B&B, if that is how you like to describe a place with winding staircases through terraced garden patios and balconies.

Now this is not the sterile box hotel that many travelers are use to, one of which you will be able to see far down below your balcony. The Manor has charm and personality and more important, REAL PEOPLE.

Carl, Mallory and Dean went out of their way to make us feel welcome and in the middle of the busy Carnival season, dealt with our missing our first night (because of airline breakdown) in a way that no corporate drone ever would have. We were all pleasantly surprised and shocked that any hotel would take care of us in such a manner.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2009

I refer to this as home as the ambience is so like being at home. Starting with my simple, but clean room.
The entrance area is very beautiful, with plants native to the Isand tastefully presenting a relaxing sojourn from your room.
The bar/patio area is overlooks the Caribbean Ocean harbor. A view much appreciated as you have a cocktail or a bite to eat.
Speaking of eating, the dinners are simply, tasty and economical. The best breakfast is Sunday, where a delightful "eggs benedict" prepared artfully is served.
The staff is very friendly and helpful to say the least., making you feel very welcome.
So, if you are planning a trip to Charlotte Amalie, please consider this for your base of operations.
Every time I venture here, this will be my choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2009

We had been long term residents living at miller manor for almost a year , Harry and Marge were very nice people who i believed were kid friendly turns out they obviously do not welcome families and young children unless they put money in their bar!

In march 2009 they hired a new crew namely Salma an indian Brit wannabe!
Whom i believe are only using Harry and Marges friendiless to accomodate free rent and drinks and god knows what else!!!

Carl is one of tne long term residents and an employee of the Miller Manor, if u stay here deal witH Carl he is one hell of a guy!

If you have kids DO NOT STAY HERE! THEY ARE VERY UNKIND TO CHILDREN!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank kelly24kt
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We needed one night to stay in CA while we were waiting for the rest of the family for a week long trip in Tortola. After staying here, I really wish we stayed a couple of extra nights!

The hosts are extremely friendly and wonderful people. We got lots of good advice (plus a nice greeting by the resident dog, Sam) but we basically stayed in our room the first night, enjoying our own private terrace overlooking the bay at CA. and having an awesome painkiller (or two, or three) at their bar.

THe next morning we asked for some beach recommendations, and instead of taking a taxi they were kind enough to drop us off to the beach themselves! You dont get that kind of service and attention at other places.

The manor is up on the hill, but it's not a bad walk to town. In fact, it's fairly easy walking distance to the ferry terminal,. We were told that it would probably be best to take a taxi back to the manor in the evening since the neighborhoods between the tourist areas and the manor weren't the best. The rooms are pleasant , clean and comfortable.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Miller Manor was a great way to start and end my trip. The view from the terrace bar is wonderful and a nice spot for an inexpensive breakfast. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo