“Fabulous vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Watergate Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Watergate Villas
Cuchara, Colorado
“Fabulous vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We recently spent a week at the Brownings' Watergate condo. Bolongo Bay was a great location for access to all of the island. We enjoyed all of the nearby restaurants and loved being able to walk right out of the condo and into the ocean to snorkel! We explored the island and felt like we got a good feel for St. Thomas. We spent our last evening on a sunset cruise with Scott. That was certainly a highlight of our visit. We would highly recommend staying at the Watergate Villas.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have traveled a lot around the globe but this is one of the best vacations ever. A three bedroom luxury ocean front condo with an amazing view, a nice beach, a large swimming pool and a trip to St. John with Scott made our 11 days stay unforgettable. We look forward to do it again the next year.

Viktor & Olga

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've enjoyed my time at the Brownings' condos at Watergate so much that it is the only place I vacation anymore! The view is amazing. The amenities are fantastic. Getting around is a breeze with or without a car (just phone a taxi from the condo phone or catch one outside of Mims) and booking is so easy.

This is the best place to relax and unwind. You can do as much or as little as you want to do, which I love. It's a short walk on the beach to Iggie's which has live music many nights or a walk past the pool to Mim's. The value and experience cannot be beat.

My friends and I also have taken boat charters with (Captain) Scott on Rock On! It's such a great day! Scott knows all the fun places to visit - for whatever you feel like doing. Thanks to him, my friends and I have visited places most people will never get to go to, and done things many will never get to do. Every itinerary has been a blast. Go snorkel with the turtles! Tie on to the Willy T!

It's always such an amazing experience, I just keep going back!

Room Tip: The website is chock full of pictures, descriptions, things to do, and a calendar of availability...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I spent a week at the Watergate Villas and just loved it! This was actually the second time I stayed there but in a different condo. Our patio door opened up to a beautiful ocean view where a nice breeze was always flowing. Much time was also spent in the pool which also shares this beautiful view.

There are a couple restaurants / bars right next door on the beach which makes it very convenient to get a drink or meal without having to take a taxi anywhere.

I had a great time and know I will be staying here again soon.

1 Thank mike m
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have recently returned from our 3rd stay at one of the Brownings condos located at the Watergate villas and want to thank Scott and Leah for another amazing stay! Scott and Leah have several rental options located on St Thomas and their website gives a perfect description of each location which has always helped us determine what will best meet the needs of our stay. Their condos at Watergate Villas look right over the pool and have fantastic views of the ocean. We have found it to be very peaceful even during the busy seasons. They are also in walking distance from two popular restuarants, Mims and Iggie's. One of the highlights of our stays is always chartering a day w/Captain Scott on his Rock On Boat charter. We had so much fun the first time I decided to celebrate my 40th birthday with a trip to St Thomas and an excursion on Capt Scott's boat. He knew there was no better place to celebrate the day than The Soggy Dollar Bar in the BVIs! Thanks to the fantastic hospitality of Scott and Leah and the wonderful experiences we have had with their condos and boat charters it has become very difficult for us to imagine taking our island vacation anywhere else so I am sure we'll be there again soon!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
West Babylon, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We contacted the Brownings for a condo for the Easter break. Leah was quick to respond and assured me that there was one available for us. When I booked our flights I contacted her to proceed with the reservation. She took two days to get back to me. She then advised that they were booked but she had a villa at Morningstar available. I advised that we really needed this vacation as we were devastated by Hurricane Sandy and really needed a break. We stayed at Watergate Condos before and loved it as everything is right there. I reserved because Morningstar is similar but not my choice. When we arrived, the villa was actually two rooms on the back of their house way up on the hill. This is not Morningstar. We immediately called and left a voice message for her as this was not what we were looking for. We then spent the entire day finding an appropriate place to stay. She finally called and left me a message saying that they were out on a charter during the day. I called back and advised that this was not what we were looking for. We wanted similar to Watergate. There is nothing there for my kids to do at all. I also have respiratory problems and have depth perception issues and found it extremely difficult to navigate the steps down to her "villa". She told me that there is nothing that they can do. I asked that they work something out with us. Asked to be fair. I was willing to take a loss, but not the entire amount that I paid out. There were numerous phone calls back and forth. I requested that we meet to discuss the matter. This did not happen. The last time that I spoke with her, she got very nasty with me. She then accused me of having this set up from the beginning. I advised that we did not and just asked that she be fair with us. Simply put, the place was not at all what we expected. She then accused me of being drunk during our conversation! I don't understand how someone can conduct business like this. I was not drunk, was not drinking and did not appreciate the way that she was talking to me. She also advised that she was home when we arrived. Funny thing, her voice message said that they were out on a charter. If she was home, then why didn't she come out? She then passed the phone over to her husband Scott. After a lot of back & forth he advised that he will go over his expenses and will get back to me in a day or two with an offer. He advised that I may not be happy. I responded by asking that he only be fair. We did not hear back from him. I left several voice messages with no response. We went to their house twice. They were home but did not have the decency to answer the door.
Not only did we endure the expense of a different place to stay, we spent many hours of our vacation attempting to rectify this problem. In short, this was a disaster! We are now home. I have sent numerous emails to Scott with no response. This is not a way to conduct business! Is this the way to treat people? I would NEVER book with them again! For people who conduct business on an island that thrives on tourism, this is an absolute disgrace! Shame on them!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank islandlover8808
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed for a week with another couple. It does not get any better than going to sleep and waking up to the beautiful view, ocean breezes and crashing waves. The great restaurant Mims next door was also pretty cool. If you're going to St Thomas I would definitely book a condo with Scott & Leah. Rent a car. It was easy to get around the island and we loved having the freedom of having our own transportation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Watergate Villas? Share your experiences!