Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel
US$88.99*
and up
Hassel Island Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak from Frenchtown to Historic Hassel Island, VI National Park! Paddle past Danish and British Colonial ruins and Careening Cove. A ten minute hike brings you to Fort Willoughby, a British Fort from the Napoleonic era. Visit the Garrison House and the Creque Marine Railway. Snorkel at a quiet beach, enjoy a cool dip or relax in the shade. Professional Guides. Easy to paddle sit-on-top kayaks. Half and full day tours departing from Frenchtown Marina.
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've lived on STT for two years, and this is my favorite thing I've done so far: exercise, history, fun, adventure, beauty, etc.

Visited June 2014
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the tour and thank you for the wonderful review! We hope you return on your next visit!

Charlottesville, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great activity for the family!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I were visiting St. Thomas with two teenage children. We were staying at the Marriott Frenchman's Cove resort and had a beautiful view of Hassel Island. When we discovered that we could take a kayak over to the island and explore the historic buildings still standing, we were pretty excited. When we found out that we could combine that with some snorkeling we were really psyched! It turned out to be the perfect mix of kayaking, hiking and snorkeling with some great USVI history thrown in. Our guides, Zulu and Nathan, were fantastic. Zulu was very knowledgeable about the history of the buildings on Hassel Island and of the USVI's in general. We got exercise, sunshine and some great snorkeling all in one 3 hour adventure! I personally felt like our snorkeling time was cut a little short, but there is a 5 hour tour option available that may have improved the experience. If I return to St. Thomas I would certainly consider the longer trip.

Visited April 2014
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the kayaking and snorkeling with Zulu and Nathan. We hope you return on your next visit!
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of Fun”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This tour has a lot of fun and education packed into it. Alexander was very knowledgeable about Hassel Island's history, plants, and animals on the island. The snorkeling was great as we went to a spot where our group of four were the only snorklers around. Alexander was great with providing us with lots of interesting facts while keeping it fun.

Central Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Morning!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was a bit unnerved to arrive and discover that I was the ONLY person booked for the morning tour, but "no problem, mon!" as Alexander immediately put me at ease. I opted to use a two person kayak with Alex as it was rather choppy that morning (we both were drenched!), and I had a fantastic time! After reaching the island we explored the ruins which are really interesting. Then we hiked up to a lookout and watched the tall ship Amistad pull into a little bay...loved that! The snorkel portion was really terrific as Alex knew where to find lots of lobsters (9?), an enormous puffer fish (that he coaxed out of hiding), and many more fish. The entire trip was great fun and worth the price. Note: I spend several months each year on St. Thomas and felt that this snorkeling was the best I have done here, plus Alex shared a lot of information about the various trees and plants. Highly recommend!

1 Thank wijssa
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed your private tour with Alex. He is fantastic! We hope you return on your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome experience. Highly recommended.”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did the 3 hour kayak, hike, and snorkel trip to Hassel Island about a week ago. Viecotours was really easy to work with. We initially had our tour scheduled for a different day and I called to change the date with no problem. We were actually the only ones on the tour so it was like our own private tour which was awesome. Our tour guides Travi and Josh were great. It was like hanging out with friends who were showing us the island with some interesting and historical facts. We kayaked to Hassel Island then hiked around. We actually went up to the top and saw beautiful views. It was so clear we even saw St Croix. After the hike we kayaked to the other side of the Island for some snorkeling. It started raining while we were kayaking but this only added to the experience. It was my first time snorkeling and they were really great and pointed out some fish and a sea turtle. Overall a great experience and highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed your private tour with Travi and Josh. They are both wonderful guides! We hope you return on your next visit.