“A fun family tour”

US$88.99*
and up
Hassel Island Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak from Frenchtown to Historic Hassel Island, VI National Park! Paddle past Danish and British Colonial ruins and Careening Cove. A ten minute hike brings you to Fort Willoughby, a British Fort from the Napoleonic era. Visit the Garrison House and the Creque Marine Railway. Snorkel at a quiet beach, enjoy a cool dip or relax in the shade. Professional Guides. Easy to paddle sit-on-top kayaks. Half and full day tours departing from Frenchtown Marina.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family and I had a great time on the kayak, hike, and snorkel tour of Hassel Island. The activity was three hours long and included fewer than ten people on the tour. Dylan was an excellent and knowledgeable guide. It was extremely windy out on the day of our tour, and Dylan recognized that we were having some difficulty kayaking in the wind. Fortunately, he was able to adjust the tour to the weather and our abilities, which was much appreciated. We all had a great time snorkeling and learned a lot about the history of Hassel Island. One of my shoes broke right before the hike, so I skipped the hike portion of the tour and waited with the kayaks and swum while awaiting the return of the rest of the group. Though I didn't get to see the ruins at the top of the island, I had a nice relaxing time and did not feel left out despite my shoe difficulty. Overall a great tour!

1  Thank LM10101
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the tour with Dylan despite the wind. We hope you return on your next visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I took the 3-hour tour of Hassel Island with my family, with Dylan as our guide. The tour was excellent! Dylan was very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the island, which was great. Having lived on St. Thomas for a few years now, I realized I knew very little about Hassel island and the history of St. Thomas in general. I learned a lot from this tour! The kayaking was fun, the hikes were interesting, and the snorkel stop was good, as the water visibility was very good that day. Dylan made sure to point out some of the local tree and plant species along our hikes, which I appreciated. A bonus is that the tour group was very small (6 people), since the Hassel Island tour is not as busy as the Mangrove Lagoon tours where the cruise ship groups usually go. I would highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank ams246

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the tour with Dylan and thank you for the wonderful review! We hope you return on your next visit!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Dillon (or Dylan ?) provided a great kayak, hiking, and snorkeling tour. We got a great educational experience and a hearty workout. It was just my husband and I on the tour so we got a little more of a one on one experience. We felt completely safe and were entertained the entire time. Since it was just us, Dillon offered tailoring the tour to exactly what we wanted to do and was more than willing to accommodate all of our requests. Definitely worth making time for.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've lived on STT for two years, and this is my favorite thing I've done so far: exercise, history, fun, adventure, beauty, etc.

VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the tour and thank you for the wonderful review! We hope you return on your next visit!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I were visiting St. Thomas with two teenage children. We were staying at the Marriott Frenchman's Cove resort and had a beautiful view of Hassel Island. When we discovered that we could take a kayak over to the island and explore the historic buildings still standing, we were pretty excited. When we found out that we could combine that with some snorkeling we were really psyched! It turned out to be the perfect mix of kayaking, hiking and snorkeling with some great USVI history thrown in. Our guides, Zulu and Nathan, were fantastic. Zulu was very knowledgeable about the history of the buildings on Hassel Island and of the USVI's in general. We got exercise, sunshine and some great snorkeling all in one 3 hour adventure! I personally felt like our snorkeling time was cut a little short, but there is a 5 hour tour option available that may have improved the experience. If I return to St. Thomas I would certainly consider the longer trip.

VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the kayaking and snorkeling with Zulu and Nathan. We hope you return on your next visit!