“great time on Hassel Island”

Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel
Book In Advance
More Info
US$88.99*
and up
Hassel Island Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak from Frenchtown to Historic Hassel Island, VI National Park! Paddle past Danish and British Colonial ruins and Careening Cove. A ten minute hike brings you to Fort Willoughby, a British Fort from the Napoleonic era. Visit the Garrison House and the Creque Marine Railway. Snorkel at a quiet beach, enjoy a cool dip or relax in the shade. Professional Guides. Easy to paddle sit-on-top kayaks. Half and full day tours departing from Frenchtown Marina.
“great time on Hassel Island”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I did the 5hr tour on Hassel Island with Alexander. We had a a great time. Alexander is a perfect guide, knowledgeable, funny, dynamic and never compromise on safety. We learned a lot about the history of the island, its people and the plants. Great little snorkeling tour too.

Visited July 2014
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you and your wife enjoyed the tour with Alex and felt safe. We hope you return on your next visit and try our St. John tours!

“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took the 5 hour Historical Tourof Hassel Island. We absolutely loved it! Kayaking in the bay, hiking the the historical spots, and snorkeling with fish in the coal - everything was great. Our guide was knowledgable about the island and took great care of us. If we had had more time at St. Thomas we would have booked another tour.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the 5 hour excursion! We hope you return on your next visit and try our St. John tours!
Setauket, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is the second trip I've taken with the VI Ecotours-the first being the mangrove kayak and snorkel trip. This one was just as interesting and fun as the first. Dylan was a knowledgeable guide, and his passion for the history of St Thomas was obvious. It was a pretty hot day, but after the hike we snorkeled and cooled off, so don't be put off by the heat.

Visited June 2014
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at Historic Hassel Island Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed your second tour with VIE. We hope you return on your next visit and try our St. John tours!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A fun family tour”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family and I had a great time on the kayak, hike, and snorkel tour of Hassel Island. The activity was three hours long and included fewer than ten people on the tour. Dylan was an excellent and knowledgeable guide. It was extremely windy out on the day of our tour, and Dylan recognized that we were having some difficulty kayaking in the wind. Fortunately, he was able to adjust the tour to the weather and our abilities, which was much appreciated. We all had a great time snorkeling and learned a lot about the history of Hassel Island. One of my shoes broke right before the hike, so I skipped the hike portion of the tour and waited with the kayaks and swum while awaiting the return of the rest of the group. Though I didn't get to see the ruins at the top of the island, I had a nice relaxing time and did not feel left out despite my shoe difficulty. Overall a great tour!

1 Thank LM10101
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the tour with Dylan despite the wind. We hope you return on your next visit!
St. Thomas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent tour!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I took the 3-hour tour of Hassel Island with my family, with Dylan as our guide. The tour was excellent! Dylan was very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the island, which was great. Having lived on St. Thomas for a few years now, I realized I knew very little about Hassel island and the history of St. Thomas in general. I learned a lot from this tour! The kayaking was fun, the hikes were interesting, and the snorkel stop was good, as the water visibility was very good that day. Dylan made sure to point out some of the local tree and plant species along our hikes, which I appreciated. A bonus is that the tour group was very small (6 people), since the Hassel Island tour is not as busy as the Mangrove Lagoon tours where the cruise ship groups usually go. I would highly recommend this tour!

1 Thank ams246
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled you enjoyed the tour with Dylan and thank you for the wonderful review! We hope you return on your next visit!