“Perfect chill place for honeymoon!”
other travellers have booked this property
Private Porch
Comfortable Cozy Queen Size Bed
View from the Bedroom
Fully Renovated 3 Piece Bathroom
Panoramic Photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sarah R
Grass Valley, California, United States
“Perfect chill place for honeymoon!”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at this place for our honeymoon in May. We loved how secluded and private it felt. We got stuff at the store to make our own breakfasts and hung out a lot at the condo because the view was beautiful and it was the perfect place to chill. If you're looking for a neat, clean, very affordable spot on St. Thomas that is in a convenient location, this is it. We went down to Magen's Bay almost every night, it was super close. They have fully stocked the condo with sunscreen, towels, everything you will need and all the brochures you could want to find the perfect activities to fit your style. We couldn't have been happier.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Neat, clean, affordable.
Liked least: It is small, but still sufficient space. Anywhere on the island you will have to conserve water, which is hard.
Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
countrysi...
Clearwater, Florida
“Tranquility at its best!”
Reviewed 5 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

I don't know how else to say thank you for having a place of serenity like Wintberg Place. I am very glad that I choose there as my place to stay during my vacation. I felt comfortable and right at home!! I was able to visit with family & friends and return to Wintberg Place for some peace and quiet. Even though I had a night of car trouble, I still find the best word to describe my stay as tranquil. Surprisingly, I didn't even miss the a/c as much as I thought I would due to the cool breezes.

Once again, thanks a bunch for Wintberg Place and its affordable rates!!! I hope that upon my return home, Wintberg Place would be available for my stay!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway
Mdvynld85
“Perfect For Visiting St Thomas!”
Reviewed 28 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights for our honeymoon and it was perfect. It was a short drive to most places and when we wanted to stay home we just popped a DVD in and relaxed. Alicia's place provided more than any hotel could offer and it was very affordable. I would def recommend staying here!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Marcie N
Houlton, Maine
“Just BEAUTIFUL”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I checked in to Matt and Alicia's Aprt. at the end of Feb and into March for our 10 yr anniversary. Directions getting to Winteberg where very clear, no problem finding the house. We were greeted upon arrival and they were really nice on giving us pointers on where to visit. We LOVED that there where snorkeling gear there had a blast for our first time.They also provided 2 beach chairs with umbrellas, which where very useful. Very clean place to stay and quiet.Really made us feel better knowing that they where next door if you should need anything. The view from you deck is spectacular really hard leaving. We stopped at a local beach, Hull Bay. Hard to put in words the colors and experience. Hope to return someday. Highly recommend staying with Matt and Alicia and while your there do some zip-lining. Thanks Again Matt and Alicia!! If you ever need to come to Maine let us know :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the view, and the friendliness
Liked least: trip wasn't long enough :)
Your age range 25-34
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ERiley651...
Louisville
“Very Nice Stay!”
Reviewed 2 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at Wintberg Place March 14th -20th and had a very nice stay once we got our bearings It was our very first time visiting St. Thomas, so we had a lot to learn. Alicia was very helpful from the get go, especially when we were trying to locate her condo after driving around for an hour with no luck navigating the crazy roads of St. Thomas. Once we found Wintberg, and chatted with Alicia about getting around St. Thomas, we were set. She also provided so helpful information on places to eat and beaches to visit. The condo was just as it appears on Trip Advisors; with one exception….the view from the balcony is more amazing than what is pictured. The condo has all the necessities, but it its very basic, which is all that we really needed. We spent several days at Magen’s Bay, which is absolutely gorgeous! We also made a couple trips to St. John’s, which I highly suggest. Restaurants to visit include: Mahogany Run Golf Course and the Blue Orchid. If you do make it up to the peak of the mountain to eat at Blue Orchid, I highly suggest arriving a little before sunset to see the beautiful gardens, and what the sunset…unbelievable. We really had an amazing time, which we owe to Wintberg Place & Alicia!

RamblingR...
Chicago, Illinois
“Homey and lovely. Good luck tearing yourself away from the amazing view!”
Reviewed 15 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

We've never done a vacation rental, but our experience with the comfortable rooms and friendly hospitality here has made us a convert. We were literally calling it "home" by the end of the second day. Alicia and Matt let us do our own thing, which we liked, but were quick with the advice whenever needed.

The view was outstanding and we spent some lovely nights on the porch (make sure to use mosquito repellent though). We also enjoyed having access to a full kitchen and living room. There are little touches that we really appreciated like a fully stocked bathroom closet with things like sunblock or the aforementioned mosquito repellent, beach reading on the shelves, and beach gear like chairs and fins available outside. We were also glad for the big fan in the bedroom because it was a little steamy without air conditioning.

Alicia recommended we rent a car and that really made a difference in our trip. I think it would have been difficult to sight-see without one. Wintberg Place is a ways up the hill and I can only imagine it would be a pain to call a taxi any time you wanted to go anywhere. With the price we paid for this room, it made the car rental do-able. You get used to driving on the left but the turns are kind of crazy. But it was so easy to zip to Redhook or Magen's Bay (don't miss the shakes at the St. Thomas dairy farm by the way).

We had friends staying at regular resorts on the island and they were all supremely jealous of our digs on the top of the hill. I already miss our home-away-from-home.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amazing view of the ocean and greenery!
Liked least: My first thought was
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
BbodyFun
Covington, Kentucky
“Great spot for comfort and quiet”
Reviewed 2 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

I met Matt and Alicia on Jan. 3 after a short walk down from Skyline Dr. My stay in St. Thomas was for a week of work and play and they provided a great one bedroom place to enjoy the island and to feel like a local. They made me feel welcome immediately and when I needed a ride Matt was great to get me down the road to the store. I would recommend a car to get around even though calling up a taxi is easy enough but there were some times at night that they weren't around to pick me up when I walked up to Skyline Dr. I used to live on the islands some years ago so it was my choice to walk around more but with a car and the great accommodations provided by Alicia and Matt you will have the most affordable, comfortable place to stay in all of St. Thomas. I look forward to planning my next stay in St. Thomas with them, if they have availability.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet of a local neighborhood place.
Liked least: WiFi access is spotty but that's an island problem not the owners fault.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;