“Great little oasis off Main St”

Beuchert's Beer Garden
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a nice place to grab a drink or some food out of the way of all the madness on Main Street. You go down a little alley way which is the entrance and you find a nice little out of the way place right in the middle of it all. Nala is a great host and bartender and mixes a great drink.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

After a very warm afternoon of a self guided tour of the hills above town, I wandered towards the main road via the jewelry district. I passed an alley and had to step back because of all the gorgeous greenery I had just glimpsed. Lush, cool and oh so inviting, I had to step into the shade and explore.At the end of the alley I was met by Berta, who warmly invited me in. What a joy! I wiled away the rest of the afternoon talking with Berta and her husband, sipping the BEST margarita I have EVER had and noshing on delicious conch fritters. Best time I had the entire 14 days I was there! I can't emphasize enough that you must make a stop here for a visit when you come to Charlotte Amalie.

2  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is a little hard to find, but it's a lovely little outdoor setting, and the beer is cheap. We were the only people in the place the evening we visited, and the owner was very chatty. Had some, um, interesting opinions, but he was entertaining. :)

1  Thank Alaina W
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

A couple blocks away from the AH Riise duty free shops, this hidden gem is tucked near several jewelry shops. Arrived on a slow July Saturday with my wife. The owner immediately chatted us up, and he is very friendly and approachable. Lovely little beer garden with good beer selection. The conch fritters were delicious and came with half a dozen sauces - I loved the mango ketchup. A solid way to spend a few hours or more. Plus, given the local away on drinking in public you can take a bottle to go.

3  Thank codeker
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Awesome outside bar tucked away from the madness of the Main Street. We ordered French Fries, mix drinks and I tried a few local beers. Good prices, fast service an relaxing atmosphere. Ill return everytime I'm on the island

2  Thank Bcurran6