“Very expensive Chineese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of China Express - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Express
Cuisines: Chinese
South Carolina
“Very expensive Chineese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is right across from the marina and all shopping places.
The food is quite expensive and I ordered mixed vegetables with tofu and the tofu was hard fried and stale.
The vegetable soup was ok. Overall if you have lot of days in st Thomas you may want to try it once otherwise I won't waste my money. Two peoples dinner without any alcohol or drinks costs about $50.
So go at your own will to spend more than you should.

“For a Chinese food place this was expensive.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The food was ok however it was overpriced and it was not even enoght to satisfy my hunger. The service was not very good either

• Visited January 2013
“My mother's fav!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I eat there at least once a week. My mother insists on it!! I have found the food to be the best Chines food I have ever had here on island and most stateside restaurants as well. Never any greasy egg rolls, foods always tasty and very fast, Service is tops!! Very reasonably priced and huge portions served. I recommend highly.

• Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“best Chinese food in St. Thomas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I know, you may not have gone to St. Thomas expressly seeking Chinese food. In fact I would be surprised if you had. But during an 8-day stay with my uncle who lives on the island, it sounded good one night, and we got takeout. It was really delicious and pretty reasonable cost (much more so than a lot of the other food we encountered in St. Thomas.) My uncle has probably tried every takeout joint on the island in his years there, so he knows what's what and he says this is the best Chinese in St. Thomas. I'm a NYC resident and I have to say, the egg rolls were up there with the best of them. only thing to watch for - Szechuan dishes weren't that spicy so if you like it hot, ask for pepper....

• Visited March 2012