“Get the conch fritters”
Review of The Green House

The Green House
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Greenhouse St Thomas! Dan, Billy, Eric, Doug, Scott and Frank all welcome you to our little corner of one of the most happening spots in the United States Virgin Islands. We enjoy Happy Hour so much, that we decided to hold it everyday! 2 for 1 Drinks and Discounted Appetizers are the mainstay from 4:30PM until closing! We also provide a DJ for your drinking and dining pleasure many days during the week. Don't miss BINGO FRIDAY, where you can win a truckload of awesome prizes! Everything from Fast Ferry Getaways to St Croix to Submarine Trips from Atlantis Submarine and much more! It will blow you away! Just come early, so you can grab a seat!
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We came here for an early dinner on a Saturday evening at the end of May and were very happy with our choice. The conch fritters were particularly wonderful, but everyone in our group was happy with what we ordered. Two of our group got the fish tacos and loved them; I really enjoyed my grouper in creole sauce, and my husband liked the grouper stuffed with crab. Not a bad bite among us. Particular praise to our server, Ally, who was helpful and friendly -- and gave us a list of likely places to find breakfast. Did I mention how good the mojitos were? And half price, thanks to happy hour. All good. Great location, too.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This place has to be one of the worst restaurants I have ever been to!

Our first night on St Thomas and we were trying to find Greengo's Mexican restaurant but could not - and the area started to look a little sketchy in the dark...come to find out our villa hosts said they would not recommend being in that downtown area in the dark...good thing we didn't walk around too much trying to find Greengo's (which we found later in the week, mid-day).

Tired from traveling, we decided to try the Green House since we were right there.

Mistake! Nothing about the appetizer and either of our meals, OR the drinks were appealing. Lets not forget the terrible service we had. The waitress spent lots of time walking around the restaurant and going back and forth (seemingly doing nothing) and we constantly had to flag her down.

We shared the Crab Rolls - UGH! Little over-cooked taquito sort of things. We should have gotten the hint when the waitress made a point of telling us they didn't make them there.

And this is where my review either gets more interesting, or loses its luster. I was about to tell you what we each had for dinner, but I have no idea. It was that bad that we have both removed it from our memory banks...not even looking at the menu online helped - so you're left with that.

I'd go elsewhere - save your money!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We arrived at happy hour was still going on. The drinks were 2 for 1, my frozen mudslide was yummy. We chose the Bang bang shrimp, it was awesome!!! It had a crisp coating with sweet spicy sauce that wasn't too hot but very flavorful. I would highly recommend anything bang bang. My husband had a burger he thoroughly enjoyed as well.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

During carnival this was one of the few places open, Our waitress was kind enough to put our beers on ice before serving the. We all had fish sandwiches which were good and fresh. Very convenient, right on the water.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

After arriving in St Thomas, my boyfriend and I had some time to kill before checking into our hotel. The hotel recommended this restaurant for lunch

The food was good, but nothing spectacular. I had a grilled cheese and my boyfriend has sliders. The atmosphere was nice as we sat next to the open porch and there was a nice breeze coming in the entire time. The staff was very nice! The restaurant is rather large so you probably don't need to wait long for a table and service was pretty quick. The location is convenient as it's inthe center of Charlotte Amalie and walking distance to all the shopping.

I would visit this place again.