“Great place but don't get leg warmers!!!”
Review of Magic Ice

Magic Ice
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: We welcome you to the biggest permanent ice gallery in the world! Magic Ice`s entire exhibition is constructed of crystal clear ice consisting of beautiful sculptures, a kids slide, wedding chapel and a pirate ship bar, all made of ICE!Large parts of the exhibition will emphasize the rich history of the Caribbean. You will get a glimpse into the 18th century lifestyle. Here you will find sculptures from the “Golden Age of Piracy” and at the pirate ship ice bar were you will receive your drinks. Photos and videos are welcomed and our staff look forward to taking you on a tour!
Greensboro, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great place but don't get leg warmers!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After walking about a mile from the port to Magic Ice we were ready to get cold! The service to get checked in was a bit slow, but we were able to pay with our Carnival Sign & Sail cards, as we had not booked this excursion through the ship. They give you gloves and larger parkas with hoods and leg warmers if you wish. I choose the leg warmers whereas my husband and children did not. Once inside, I was glad I had them on. It is a really neat place. The ice slide was really fun. You can zip through the whole thing in about 5-10 minutes, but we took our time, took lots of pictures and enjoyed our free shot of rum with free shot glass! We made it last for 20-30 minutes. Well, later than evening I noticed red splotches on my legs and thought it was from the sun. The next day.....OMG, I had large red splotchy areas along the front of my calves that lasted for 3-4 days. It never itched or anything but it looked awful. I was afraid to get in the pool thinking it might be contagious. It took me a whole day to finally figure out where I got it... the LEG WARMERS at Magic Ice.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Deborah E

• Polish first
St. Thomas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“really COOL place to visit on HOT day”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

this is a very interesting place to visit when in St. Thomas. The ice sculptures amazing and kids and adults seem to have a ball while there. There is even a ice slide for the kids and a bar for the adults. Check it out when in St. Thomas

Visited March 2014
1 Thank slotboss
Johannesburg, South Africa
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Truly Incredible!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

An amazing way to end off a day. It is very cold inside but warm clothing is provided. Unbelievable sculptures! A real must see!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ShelleyH18
Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“great place to cool down”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

a great break from the normal heat in st thomas, and a nice drink to keep you perky. they dress you in warm clothes so all is good to go.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Richard W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great escape from the heat”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a good time at Magic Ice. We were in St. Thomas for the day as we were part of a cruise. We walked around for a while and waited for Magic Ice to open. If you're warm natured like me, you'd love this escape from the heat/humidity.

$22 each= 2 shots and you keep the shot glasses. They give you gloves, leg warmers, and parkas. I was warm with the parka over my bathing suit.

Wes, the bartender, was great. He was very helpful with pictures and drinks.

The ice slide was a good time too.

2 Thank Nathan B