“Loved Bellavista!! Can't wait for a return visit.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Bellavista Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 30 January 2008

We just returned from a 4 night stay a Bellavista BNB and LOVED every minute of it. Wendy is a gem. She made our stay the most enjoyable. We were able to eat 2 of her great breakfasts. We had scheduled day trips and we had to leave early 2 mornings. Wendy made fresh granola just for us and even left a sweet note wishing we had a good day. FYI – Town closes early, 5PM, so a car really helps out. My husband turned out to be one great St. Thomas driver and he had no issues driving on the left. We spent a lot of time at Yacht Haven Grande. It has plenty of parking and is only a 5 minute drive from Bellavista. While at YGH we had dinner at Wikked, and Fat Turtle. YGH has many shops – Louis Vuitton, Chico’s. Gucci will open in December of 2008. We also had dinner at Havana Blue and Room with a View. Both great restaurants. Wendy will also help with any reservations or anything else you could imagine. During our stay at Bellavista I turned 30!! My parents somehow found Wendy’s number and requested a bottle of wine and something special. She created a beautiful spread of wine, strawberries and chocolates in the shape of sea shells. She went above and beyond the call of duty. I would recommend to anyone!

We also spent 4 nights at Point Pleasant (taylorsrestreat.com) and I will be posting a review for there too.

1  Thank SECortez

Reviewed 27 January 2008

As a consultant i have spent a good portion of my adult life traveling; Bellavista Bed and Breakfast ranks among the list of places i have stayed at. Wendy has impeccable attention to detail and it shows throughout the property. In addition, the property has all of the amenities you would expect from a very high end hotel (wifi, cable, giant bathrooms, comfortable beds, free snacks, excellent food....)
I highly recommend Bellavista BB to anyone traveling to or through St Thomas.

3  Thank DogsLoveSalsa
Reviewed 22 January 2008

Wendy is just in awe that she has had such incredible reviews. She says that she is not as perfect as people perceiver her to be. She is humble.

Her home is incredible and the views are breathtaking. The house is spotless despite her adorable Springer Spaniel named Mocha. She is a lovely and lively puppy. Her antics never ceased to amuse everyone. She is a relatively quiet pup. She is only there when Wendy is. She is very smart and is learning her commands and manners quickly.

We stayed in the Palm Tree Melee room. It is the smallest of all the rooms. We did not mind. We did not plan to stay in it for more than sleeping and showering.

At breakfast we met three wonderful couples . We enjoyed getting up and reviewin the events of the previous day with other guests in the dining room while Wendy created beautiful and delicious breakfasts. I especially enjoyed the fruit frappes. My favorite breakfast was the artichoke egg souffles. Wendy was very accommodating to everyone's dietary needs. My husband and I hate coconut and Wendy made us our own homemade granola without coconut. She made sure that everyone ate before they left for their morning activities or flight. If you are planning a trip to Virgin Gorda you have to be at the dock by 7am. Breakfast is usually at 9am.

Wendy was a perfect concierge also. She would help you plan your day, make your reservations and arrange for your taxi. The taxi service was very good. We adored Alvin. He was always our first choice. He was timely, polite and personable. Our taxi from the airport was dirty, the driver was rude, he had body odor and he passed gas the entire way there. I would recommend asking Wendy for the phone number for Alvin so that when you get to the airport you can call him on your cell. He will be there usually in less than 15 minutes. I would not use the airport taxis again. The driver even charged us a dollar a bag and he never touched a bag. My husband and I loaded and unloaded them ourselves.

Okay now, Wendy asked me to spoil her perfect image. I will try my best. The ceiling fan did not work the evening we arrived. However, there is a/c in every room so why do you need a ceiling fan? BTW it was fixed the next morning before lunch time. Our cable box went while we were there too. There were lines across the screen but Wendy took it to the cable company the next morning and waited for over an hour in line. The cable company told her they would have a new one in 2-3 weeks. Another couple that never watches tv offered to exchange boxes and Wendy switched them out. As you all can see she is more than accommodating. None of these problems adversely affected our trip. Wendy has an eye for detail and a gracious manner. We cannot wait to return. Another couple that we walked to town with also researched several other bed and breakfasts and inns. During our walk and our driving tour we saw many of them. We were so grateful that we chose Bella Vista. One of them has a cage of parakeets outside. It was far from charming and not how I would want to wake up in the morning.

If you do a driving tour use Everready. He drives a van that is air conditioned. The view is great and the ride is comfortable. He knows the island inside and out and he will not rip you off. He has a lot of pride in his island and his family. He had such interesting stories that no one spoke for fear of missing something.

Wendy has a book of restaurants menus that are sorted by proximity. She will give her personal opinion and the opinions of recent guests/friends that have eaten there. What you decide from there is up to you.

My favorite restaurant was the Amalia Cafe. It is a Spanish restaurant. The food was divine and unforgettable. My husband had the paella and I had the seafood casserole. Service was incredible and the owner stops by everyones table. All the other restaurants paled in comparision.
I was not impressed with the food at Banana Tree Grille. The waitress however was wonderful. She bent over backwards to make everything right.
The Indigo restaurant had good food but the other patrons were horrible. The table next to us was four twenty somethings who were loud, drunk and obnoxious. The one boy dropped the F-bomb every other word. All of them were loudly swearing and management did nothing. The other table behind us fought the whole meal and there were cats everywhere. We are not cat people. It kind of spoiled the meal.
We enjoyed Glady's cafe. The jerk chicken was excellent and the lobster roll sandwich was okay. I got the last one of the day. It was a little lean on filling. The jerk was some of the best we ever had. I can't wait to go back. Again, our waitress was wonderful.
The Green house was okay for an inexpensive meal. The waitress was rude.

Bottom line is that we cannot wait to return to Bella Vista. It is walking distance to downtown Charlotte Amalie and ten minutes from Magen's Bay. The ferry that goes to St. John is also walking distance. In the morning you can watch the cruise ships quietly sneak into the harbour and at night you can watch the boats leave. It is just absolutely perfect there.

If you think about it take Wendy some mint Lifesavers. They are hard to get in St. Thomas. It is one of the few things that she misses from home in Pennsylvania. Enjoy your trip. Hope this helps.

8  Thank furrykidmom3
Reviewed 29 March 2007

Wendy's five star rating is truly deserved! We had a fabulous time celebrating our 10th anniversary at Bellavista and Wendy is the perfect hostess. We felt at home from the moment we arrived.

Downtown shopping in Charlotte Amalie is just a quick 5-10 minute walk down the hill and the popular beach at Magens Bay is about 15 minutes away by car or taxi.

We can't wait for our next opportunity to visit!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank txbucks
Reviewed 13 March 2007

My wife and I have stayed at many B&Bs, some more expensive, some less. None better! Wendy is the most gracious host we have dealt with. She is there when she is needed, and always available. She is never overbearing, as some B&B hosts can be. She had great advice and when we followed her advice she was always on-target.

The B&B seems to attract very nice people, at least during the three nights we spent there in early March. Each of the rooms is very nice, each with their own special touch.

Her breakfast is multi-course. I have found full breakfast, but never multi-course. She takes great pride in the presentation and the product. We always enjoyed taking our time over breakfast, enjoying the food, conversation with other guests, and with Wendy as well.

This B&B is on a hill, just beneath the Governor's Mansion. It faces Blackbeard's Castle, and overlooks the main city of Charlotte Amalie and the port. You can watch the ships coming in and out of St. Thomas from her pool, from her living room, kitchen, or even from your room, depending upon the room you choose. You can walk down the 99 steps into the city and shop or eat.

A true class act. You will not be disappointed.

6  Thank Allen G
Reviewed 8 February 2007

I could never put into words how wonderful our experience was at Bellavista. My husband and I stayed for three nights in the little Palm Tree Melee room.
Originally we were going to stay 7 nights on St John, but after reading all the Trip Advisor reviews about Bellavista, we decided to change our plans. St John was spectacular, but we are so glad that we experienced Bellavista too!
Everything you read in the posts below about how beautiful the view is, how clean the villa is, how thoughtful Wendy is -- is 100% true! Wendy loves her business; her number one goal is to ensure her guests have a fabulous time. The information and tips she shares are priceless. She will give as much space or as much help as her guests want/need. She wants guests to feel the entire villa is their villa. That was how my husband and I felt whether we were taking a dip in the pool, enjoying the balcony and decks, or relaxing in the living room while looking out through the open doorways to the lights on the harbor.
Let me add one more fact, another couple staying at Bellavista the same time we were there, own their own B&B back in the states. They told us that this is the second time they've stayed at Bellavista because Wendy does such a great job. Who else could be more of a critic than someone in the same line of work?
If they love it, so will you!
Enjoy!

Stayed: January 2007
5  Thank Seaidol
Reviewed 29 January 2007

My husband and I spent the second half of our honeymoon at the Bellavista. We started at The Westin in St. John for four nights and then headed here for four nights. It was amazing! We got the honeymoon package which made our honeymoon perfect.

We had read so much about Wendy on this website and everything was right. She was helpful, friendly and went out of her way to do anything. On our last morning at the B&B, there was some construction going on below the house. It didn't bother us at all. But Wendy wanted us to have the perfect end to our honeymoon and moved the table and chairs farther away and set up our breakfast by the pool. We got lucky b/c we were the only ones booked for those four days so it was like having a private villa to ourselves.

The view from the pool is so amazing...we were content sitting by the pool with a book (from the huge selection from the bookcase) and just taking it all in.

We would highly recommend this place to anyone. Even if you think you don't like B&B's....just try it!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in East End
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast
#7 of 13 in Charlotte Amalie

Been to Bellavista Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!