“Paridise on a hill”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Bellavista Bed & Breakfast
Burlington, Ontario
“Paridise on a hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

My husband and I decided to stay for 2 nights in St. Thomas after our cruise. From the moment Wendy and her dog Mocha met us at the door we knew we had chosen the right place. Our room was heavenly, very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a very good size and quite efficient. Breakfast was nothing short of perfect. Martha Stewart couldn't have done it better. All of Wendy's recommendations for dinner were fantastic. After cruising for the last 5 years, I now know where I want to book a week's vacation to veg by the pool and give Mocha some tummy rubs. I highly recommend this B&B Karen Sullivan Burlington, Ontario.Canada

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and enjoyed every minute! The views from the house are amazing, the hosts are incredibly friendly and helpful while allowing you plenty of privacy, the house is airy and well decorated, the pool is enticing, and the food is scrumptious! This was a nice escape from the busy streets and impersonal resorts of Charlotte-Amalie. Truly the best B&B we've stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Appleton, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2009

My fiance and I vacationed in St. Thomas for 8 days in August 2008. We had heard about the Bellavista B&B on the Today Show back in February of that year and booked our trip less than a week later---we weren't even really planning to take a vacation. From making our reservation to the end of our stay, Wendy was WONDERFUL! We stayed in the beautiful Bambooshay room--it was spacious, clean, comfortable, and well-maintained. The views from our room were beautiful! Wendy made us a delicious breakfast each morning, suggested places to see and things to do, and made restaurant suggestions to us almost nightly. We also had he opportunity to meet (and actually HOLD!) her beautiful cat, Latte. Wendy says most people never get to see Latte (I was told many often question whether Latte even exists!), but I think Latte sensed that we are friendly cat people---Latte made sure to pay us visits by the pool and greet us upon returning from dinner. We HIGHLY recommend the Bellavista to our family and friends and if/when we return to St. Thomas, we would not hesitate to give Wendy a call.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

My wife and I stayed at Bellavista in the Bambooshi room rom Jan 17-21st,2009 and it was fantastic experience. I will start this review by saying I am a very tough critic and that this was our first stay at a BNB in many years (as we usually do the high end 5 star all -inclusive resorts) and we certaintly weren't disappointed. This was our favorite trip in many years. Wendy has everything you need from towels to beach chairs, coolers( stop at k-mart and pick up your favorite beverages), snorkel equipment, a small pool and ,of course, a gourmet breakfast.

What separates St. Thomas from some of the all-inclusives in various tropical settings is the freedom you feel to travel the island without fear of crime. ( Not there is none but just less) There are many beautiful beaches
( we went to 5 in 4 days)- Wendy will tell you about the less crowded and more private ones) We thought about an excursion to St. John but figured instead of craming that in we would see all St. Thomas had and then go on a separte vacation to St. John at a later date.

There are numerous restaurants(something for everyone on this island). I would reccomend a car as it is your best way of getting around but it can be a little overwhelming and takes some getting used to. ( Get a convertible, you won't be sorry!) I hope this review is helpful

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

Even though it has taken me a year to submit my review, our stay at Bellavista was so fantastic, it seems like it was only yesterday. Wendy is truly a one of a kind individual. She is very accessible to answer any questions, genuinely wanting you to be relaxed, informed and comfortable. I have stayed at other b and bs where the owner has been friendly, but gives off a vibe that they are not 100% eager to help you. It can be subtle, and perhaps I'm very in tune with that because I have worked in service for many years (those of you who have worked serving others know exactlly what I mean). She makes her job seem effortless, but rest assured, she works very hard. I'm not sure what standard b and b etiquette is, but I simply had to tip her on top of the cost of our stay. You almost cannot put a price on such a lovely host welcoming you to her tranquil, amazing home. Anyway, if ever I would return to St. Thomas again, I would not hesitate to stay at Bellavista.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2009

Why are there no negative reviews of the Bellavista? Quite frankly, because there is nothing negative to say. The Bellavista is everything the reviewers say it is... a welcoming b and b in a peaceful, beautiful setting with a warm and friendly owner who goes out of her way to make your stay comfortable. Wendy takes care in everything she does - including her delicious and beautifully prepared breakfasts. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a special getaway. We rented a car and explored a new beach each day - only a short ride from the b & b. Our favorite restaurant was the Old Stone Farmhouse. Sandy and Bryan from New Jersey

• Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2008

We stayed at Bellavista in Oct 2008 in the Palm Tree Melee room. Wendy made us feel welcome, pampered and relaxed from the moment our taxi pulled up to the gate. The house is beautiful, restful and spotless. You will be drawn out to the garden/patio/pool area that overlooks the town and harbor. If you're lucky you'll find the hammock up in the garden and enjoy the flowering trees overhead that draw hummingbirds into view. You'll be treated to a breakfast that is both delicious and beautiful. Wendy couldn't be a more gracious hostess. There are so many little touches that make the place inviting, warm and comfortable. If you make your way to her website you'll see pictures and that is exactly what it's like.

We stayed in the smallest room and it was very comfortable for us. It is probably not well-suited for larger folks or if you travel with a lot of luggage. We saw all the other rooms and they looked comfortable and offered more space if you need it. Each one was beautifully and creatively decorated and have I mentioned...pristinely cared for?

The B&B is a few streets up the hill from Charlotte Amalie. It's an easy 5 minute walk down to the shops and restaurants. This is the port that hosts the cruise ships, so there isn't much nightlife in this area as the cruise crowd heads back aboard around 4-5 pm. You'll need to head to other areas of the island in the evening.

We were only in St. Thomas for a couple of days as we spent most of our week over on St. John. Don't miss the opportunity to ferry over and see that amazing island. On St. Thomas, we enjoyed a day at Magen's Bay - quiet and laidback and Coki Bay - fun and quirky. But staying at the Bellavista will be my fondest memory of St. Thomas.

• Liked — warm, comfortable, inviting, great breakfast, wonderful host
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte Amalie
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,668 reviews

Been to Bellavista Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!