“Will be back!”

Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at the Marriott as always. This particular Marriott was the best of the ones I've stayed in. I have stayed in the villas in vegas, Atlantic City and aruba. In st. Thomas we had someone call me before arriving to see what we were interested in doing while there and to tell us about some of the events. She was so helpful!! She set us up with the present for the timeshares but was not pushy about it at all. As a thank you we got tickets to the turtle Cove snorkeling trip. Lots of fun!! There was one bug in the room which for the area is more common. The front desk sent someone to spray right away. The staff were great. Drinks during happy hour were great. Food was good but pricey so we got to the store nearby (at the bottom of the hill) and spent 50 for about 4 days of food for 2. Not bad. We weren't sure if it was OK to drink the water so at the store we bought gallons of water for $2 each. A 20 oz bottle at the resort was about $4. If you are able to go down to Pueblo and get some groceries there are taxis available when u come out of the store.
The downside of St Thomas is all the taxis are per person and $10 each way plus $2 per bag. Yikes!
There is a nice ferry from the Marriott dock that will take you downtown for $7 each way. It takes about 15 minutes. Downtown has everything in walking distance although hilly. We took the ferry and saw shops went to coconuts for a drink and walked around several historical sites that you would see on a tour if you took one.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SIverson
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at the Frenchman's Cove the last week of May, 2014. We have stayed several times, however this is the first time we participated in the Night Kayak arranged at the Adventure Center. There were three of us and we all had a great time. The leader, Chris, provided a lot of interesting information and history of the area as we paddled. Lauren and Maggie helped keep everyone together and no got lost. We saw several Turtles, Stingrays, and large Tarpon. All in all a good time and a good value. Thanks to Chris, Lauren and Maggie. We will be doing this again the next time we stay at the Cove.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank George K
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Last evening we had a party of four do the night kayak adventure out of the resort. We had the
"A-team", Chris, Dave and Jake. They were outstanding guides; knowledgeable about the wildlife and the surrounding area. We learned a lot about the island, just from this trip. Good equipment, on time, all in all a good experience. you will get a little bit wet. It is not advisable to bring cellphones, cameras etc.that are not water resistant.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HawleyPatent
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'm not sure there is a bad view available at this facility. It was lovely to wake up to the great sight of the water and other side of the bay. We saw the occasional cruise ship come in or leaving too. We had a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom villa, love the convenience of the full kitchen which we stocked from both Pueblos and Gourmet Gallery. Used the grills one night to fire up some fish we bought at Red Hook. The pools were fantastic and the poolside grill had some decent food and drinks when you don't feel like cooking or going out. The hotel has several activities to keep you busy if the beach lounge isn't your scene. Tons of iguanas on the beach, all sizes and colors - really neat. Stay away from the trees if you don't want to be surprised by one when you're getting out of your beach chair!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alexandra T
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Dave was an outstanding guide! He was patient and knowledgeable. We had never been kayaking before and were somewhat hesitant. However, Dave calmed our fears and we had a great 90 minute tour of the sea life and history surrounding the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank beachteach57
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The villas at Marriott's Frenchmens Cove look very nice. There are double terraces, funky equipped kitchens, two bedrooms and 2 baths. Double vanity in the master suite, but when you add roaches to the mix, non of that means anything. The first one I found in the lovely white window curtains right before bed. It freaked me out so badly in was searching around the room for the next 30 mins with a flashlight looking for more.
When I didn't see any I turned out all the lights and went to bed. Ten minutes later I got up to go to the bathroom and discovered another one in there on the floor.
I killed it and called the front desk. Because my grandmother is with me I can't change rooms in the middle of the night so I have to wait till morning. The manager is supposed to call me this morning about changing rooms.
However, just a few minutes ago, I woke up to go to the bathroom and saw another one. This one was a tiny baby one!! Now you know there are problems, they're breeding!!
Its 6 I'm the morning, I'm on vacation and wide awake, paranoid!
On top of this, the room is noisy. Every time someone uses water next door or above, it sounds like someone is banging on pipes. All sorts of loud noises in the evening when we were trying to watch television.
Oh and the food at the sunset grill was terrible. I ordered nachos with chicken. It came with little dried out pieces if chicken on it. Tomatoes, jalapeños and some sort if cheese substitute. The "cheese" was orange in color and started to clump as soon admit began to cool. Amusement park cheese would have been better. ( Wish I could record and post the sound of the water running above me right this moment, someone upstairs is an early riser).
Be beck with updated a pictures a little later. Yes, I have at least one pic of the baby roach.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
27  Thank annpan606
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Frenchman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove. While we are happy you enjoyed your villa and its layout, our team apologizes for the pests you encountered in your room. This is not typical of our resort and will be shared with appropriate managers. Our Customer Care team would like to learn more about your experience and may be reached at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my second trip to St. Thomas, and my first to Marriot Frenchman's Cove. I loved it! The best pool I've ever been in, a terrific beach, great food (albeit a bit expensive), clean and comfortable rooms, and a PHENOMENAL staff!

The location of this hotel is excellent. Only a 20 minute car ride to anywhere on the island.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with a family, a significant other, or a small group of friends. You'll have a great time!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view so you can see the cruise ships coming in each morning. Try to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Point Pleasant Resort
Point Pleasant Resort
#1 of 5 in East End
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Frenchman's Cove? Share your experiences!