Having been a Marriott Vacation Club owner for many years, we have stayed at numerous Marriott Club resorts and have come to expect high quality facilities and exceptional service. Although the facilties and the unit specifically were great, the service and staff competency levels were so under par they cast a dark cloud on the whole experience. In comparable terms, the service levels were comparable to a Motel 6. e.g. No information was provided to us upon checkin. There was no welcome packet, no information about the resort or surrounding area at all. The first day we arrived we discovered the toaster wasn't working and it took three days and a visit to the property manager to get it replaced. The elevators in our building didn't work for the 1st 3 days and we were forced to use the stairs, we were on the 3rd level. To compound that problem there were animal feces on the stairs that took almost a week to be removed. Quite discusting but gives you an idea about the basic service level. In the elevators they had posted information about activities and asked to call a certain number to make reservations, after calling the number for two separate events, no one answered and did not call back after I left a message each time. When I went to the checkin in order to ask for the property manager relating to several of these issues, the clerks at the desk tried to address the problem without giving me access to the property manager. Since they were part of the issues I wanted to complain about, I was stuck waiting for 20 minutes and was finally able to communicate the issues resulting in at least getting the toaster replaced. Although we were interested in a review of ownership at this property, no one ever approached us to attend a preview. Again, just a lack of customer relationship training, not up to Marriott's standards. Lastly, the pool was beautiful, but the beach area is extremely small and literally almost unusable due to rocks, coral, and undersea plant that was sharp and pointy. You need to go to the Marriott hotel for a satisfactory beach experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott's Frenchman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Frenchman`s Cove Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Hotel Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie