If you can get a good deal with Priceline, go for it. If i'd have paid the standard rate of $300/night, it would have been much harder to accept some of the hotel's negatives.
Marriott Frenchman's Cove has a worn look, as if it's seen better days..However, it is hard to maintain a place in perfect condition in the moist climate of St Thomas. Yes, there was a mild mildew odor in the guest room, but it dissipated as soon as the ac was on full blast.
The fee to use the internet in the business center is outrageously high.
the prime rib and lobster buffet at CocoJoe's was good, with delicious salads, although the lobster was flavorless. The mgr Natika seemed genuinely concerned that diners had a good experience.
The check-in with Kim Perez (hope I got the name right) was helptul, and fun. No longline at check-in, but knowing to expect this, we rushed in to get ahead of a tour bus loaded with passengers.
There's a very good gift shop with unusual and beautiful wood objects from Costa Rica.
Our ocean view room looked out not just over the Bay, but over the roof! it would help if Marriott put some planters or something decorative out there, in the area adjoining the outdoor patio bar.
In Charlotte Amalie, go to Frenchtown and eat at Craig and Sally's Restaurant. And wander up to Synagogue Hill to see the synagogue and the excellent gift shop there.
I would recommend this Marriott only if you are able to get a great deal on it, for approximately $100/night. The other Marriott althernative, adjacent at Morningstar Beach, is nicer, but far pricier.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott's Frenchman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Frenchman`s Cove Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Hotel Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie