“Great Intro to Fauna in St. Thomas”
Review of Walk On Water

Walk On Water
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: WalkOnWater featured tour : Magens Bay Eco-explore. Tour : Nature walk in Magens Preserve spot local wild life, native birds to Hermit crabs. Learn the fauna and sample local fruit. View 300 yr. old plantation ruins. Next a guided premium peddle kayak tour, sea turtles, aquatic birds and astounding views abound. Lastly enjoy personal time on one of the planets most beautiful beaches.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My friends and I did a nature walk and kayak tour with HL. We walked through the sugar plantation ruins right around the beach at Magen's Bay and learned more about the history of the island. HL was very knowledgeable about the plants and provided very interesting information that made me look at the island in a whole new way. Then we went out on the water in the paddle kayaks for our bay tour. It was a lot of fun being out on the water, and the kayaks were easy to maneuver (though I didn't steer). We were able to see tons of pelicans diving for their breakfast and see appreciate the bay from a different perspective.

I'm not always a fan of these group type outings, especially nature walks, but Walk on Water is excellent and I would definitely recommend this experience for your trip.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I live on St Thomas and had friends in town who wanted to do something fun. I met HL and we set up a nature walk/kayak tour of Magens Bay. During the nature walk HL was very informative about the plant life, and history of the area. It was a very hands on, laid back morning walk that got the day started of on the right foot. I know I will be going back to get some cinnamon bay leafs I can tell you that!! We then went on our kayak tour of the bay. The kayak were pedal operated which were a lot of fun and east to operate. You didn't use an oar at all. We kayaked near the shore and rock lines while enjoying the sun and surrounding beauty of the bay. It was a great tour, and my friends loved it. I know I will be booking with W.O.W again for sure. Thanks HL.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the hike and kayaking with H.L. Enjoyed nature preserve walk as H.L. pointed out different plants and wildlife along the way. We had never used a kayak with foot pedals and really liked it, would do it again. H.L. also shared a lot of info about the kayak. I would recommend this for anyone interested is enjoying Magens Bay and area; it is not a strenuous activity, very relaxing and enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very enjoyable, not rushed and informative nature walk followed by awesome kayaking around beautiful Megan's Bay. Both the nature walk and kayaking where lead by H.L., whom you could tell really loved what he was doing and talking about.....He took the time to answer any questions and point out all the local vegetation. Could not have asked for a better way to spend our morning.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful morning with H.L., who has a vast knowledge of the history of St. Thomas and of the flora and fauna of the island. We took a 45 minute walk through a nature preserve before heading to the beach to have a ride on the water with a specially outfitted kayak. The kayak was surprisingly easy to navigate. We took an approximately 3-mile trip around Magen's Bay, a gorgeous area of the north part of St. Thomas. I would highly recommend this for families, couples, anyone wanting a peaceful morning In St. Thomas.