“Great trip”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Merrimack, NH
“Great trip”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a great time. The resort is definitely not a 5 star, but the location makes up for it. The rooms are nice, nothing that will blow you away but they are well put together. We had a beautiful view from our balcony that overlooked the ocean, can't beat that. Room walls were basically hollow, so you may end up knowing a little more about your neighbor that you wanted to (And vice versa!).

The strangest part about the resort is how it sits. It's pretty much tiered off into sections on a hill. We happened to be the highest section which seems to have one of the nicer views, but it's about a 5 minute (Very steep) walk from the beach. Couple that with a few trips back and fourth on a 95 degree day and it gets old real quick! Joseph (The local cab driver) is awesome. Very friendly guy, he's pretty much always available and usually at the resort (Or close by) if you need him.

All in all we had a great stay, and would totally go back in a heart beat.

4 Thank Chris H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was a bit difficult to find as we rented a car, and the streets had no names. Also, they don't offer any sort of shuttle to pick passengers up at the airport, but you're welcome to a taxi that's $20/person. We flew in late so the lobby was closed, but a guard was able to check us in. The room look newly remodeled, and was impressive! The bathroom was huge, and the shower was amazing. All rooms had a small balcony with chairs and table, room was air conditioning. There were 101 steps from our room to the pool, as St. Thomas was extremely hilly, so if be prepared for lots of steps. Also, I have a bad back, and the mattress resembled that of a futon, so I was a bit achy when I woke up, but other than that, everything was great! I recommend staying here. They have an excellent private beach and wonderful bar/restaurant on site.

Room Tip: There are a lot of steps, so request a closer room to the beach if you don't/can't walk as m...
4 Thank AmandaCapperrune
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Elysian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Hi Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad to know you enjoyed your unit location and beach access, but we are sorry to hear the mattress was not comfortable. We are always looking for new ways to improve our property and your feedback will help us to do so. We hope you visit us again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed at this place for half a week and had a few challenges while there. some issues were dealt with fine, other not at all. It really depends upon who you are dealing with at the time. Views are great and there's lots to do. Room was kind of small and my AC was on the fritz. Thank goodness for the Caribbean breezes. They need much more consistency their staff or maybe increase the training. I may try Elysian again but will pick a better area of room.

Room Tip: don't stay near the pool / hot tub
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in G-222 and the room had been recently renovated so the décor was contemporary (i.e. no teal and coral bedding/curtains as some pictures show). It was certainly not the 4 seasons, but my husband I were very comfortable there. The king size bed was super comfy and we had a nice view of the beach and pool from our balcony. Toilet and shower area were a little cozy, but certainly large enough to serve it's purpose! I'd stay there again. There are a lot of stairs, so be prepared to get some exercise!

Room Tip: 2nd floor and above have the best views. Call the resort the Sunday before you arrive to get the be...
1 Thank Jennifer L
Sebring, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Beautiful landscaping, lush tropical grounds. View of beach only if you are on the 3rd or 4th floor of buildings--otherwise the pool is a gorgeous view (we had room C-133). Really tame iguanas love to hang out at the pool or eat sea grapes on the beach (they were pretty neat).
Most important--The staff was so wonderful! My husband and I first had a room with construction noises (they were renovating bldg. L) that were disruptive; when we requested a new room Tiffany (front office) personally drove us around to several other rooms until we found one with the perfect view, feel, and environment. She went out of her way to make us feel at home and we really appreciated it. She sent a car to help us move to the new room, and even called us later that week to check up on us! She was also so helpful in pointing out places to visit/eat on the island and would call ahead and make reservations without even asking her. Another young woman at the font desk, Benji, lended us a phone charge cord for the week when we forgot ours, and was such a pleasure to talk with....Between Tiffany and Benji, they made our stay wonderful and memorable. Thank you, Ladies!

Room Tip: Bring mosquito repellent. All balconies have a ceiling (for shade) except the top floors (beware of...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JanaPowell
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I've stayed here a few times before over the past ten years...they have done some outstanding renovations to their rooms. The staff is incredibly thoughtful as well. I'm here by myself for a week and though I've actually lived on the island before, the lovely women who checked me in offered to move me from a remote corner of the resort to a room closer to the guest center when she thought I would feel safer at night since I'm here alone. It was a very sweet gesture and the room is beautiful. It's my first day, but so far it has well exceeded both my expectations and past experiences. :). Thanks Wyndham!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Kate M
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Some of these reviews are bogus.... The resort is nice as far as I'm concerned. the issue that I had was w/the smell of the room when we got there it wasn't stink but smelled like it had been closed off w/o fresh air in awhile. The room was clean, comfortable and nice place to come and relax after being in the tropical heat all day. I had no noisy air conditioner, Leaky water, loud fans or any of the other complains that some "Critics" have had.The stairs are manageable if your used to walking "But the whole island is one big mountain" so no matter where you go you will either be walking up an incline or stairwell. The beach was clean comfortable and calming w/the sound of the shore. I just wish that their was some kind of entertainment like a live band on the beach w/maybe a night or two w/ some beachside BBQ'n .........other than that I would go back in a heartbeat........

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Elysian Beach Resort? Share your experiences!