My husband, our 11 year old daughter and myself spent 7 nights at condo D-23 and loved it. It is very spacious, very nicely appointed with everything you could need and a huge balcony. It was perfectly comfortable for the 3 of us. The first time you walk in and see the view is just breath-taking, and makes the long day of travel completely worth it. The resort staff (with the new management company) could not have been more friendly and helpful. They did everything they could to make our stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. One thing we didn't really expect but used a lot was the free (tips appreciated of course) shuttle service the resort provided. It pretty much cancelled out the need for a rental car for us. They will take you to and from Red Hook (which includes the ferry to St. John), Lindquist beach, Coki beach and to a grocery store (I believe). Also, the on site restaurant, Panga, was one of our favorites of the week, we ate there for at least two of our dinners and made use of the gift certificate the condo owner provides. The food is excellent! The resort's beach is very small but there is decent snorkeling there. However, you are super close to amazing beaches (Lindquist, Coki, Sapphire and more). We went to 6 different beaches during our stay, including Trunk Bay on St. John. We also really enjoyed Coral World, which you can see from the resort and is within the resort's shuttle service. We also had a fabulous day on one of the resorts' recommended sailboat charters, it was one of the highlights of our trip! All in all, we had a wonderful vacation and were very pleased with the resort and our choice of condo. Mike, the owner, was very helpful with all our questions and made sure that we had everything we needed for a wonderful stay. We would definitely stay at D-23 again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your own private paradise at Point Pleasant Resort, operated by Akers Ellis Resort Management. Situated on a 15-acre hillside preserve, the resort overlooks beautiful Water Bay, the Caribbean Sea, and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Experience unmatched service from the resort's team of professionals with over 30 years of service and knowledge of the island. The villas are independently owned but attractively designed. With several room types from which to choose, discovering suitable accommodations is guaranteed. Each spacious villa features a fully equipped kitchen, A/C, cable TV, WIFI, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and ocean views from private balconies. Guests indulge in on-resort recreation and water sports plus three swimming pools, including the very private resort middle terrace pool which has breathtaking views. We also have our own small, private and secluded beach located at the end of a short nature trail. Our activity staff also conducts weekly beach trips to Magens Bay by shuttle and to Jost Van Dyke by boat. The resort is also home to a spa and a waterfront bar and restaurant. The resort makes it easy to forgo the rental car expense. Guests are provided complimentary transportation around the resort and throughout the east end of St. Thomas. Grocery delivery is available. Point Pleasant Resort is located on the east end of St. Thomas just five minutes from Red Hook, home to the ferry boats to neighboring islands and the best nightlife and restaurants on the island. Just one mile away is the number one tourist attraction and best snorkeling beach on St. Thomas: Coral World and Coki Beach. One mile in the other direction is beautiful and peaceful Lindquist Beach. Magens Bay and Little Magens Bay beaches are located just 5 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands