“Amazing View and Wonderful Staff”

Point Pleasant Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East End
Georgetown, Kentucky, USA
“Amazing View and Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband, our 11 year old daughter and myself spent 7 nights at condo D-23 and loved it. It is very spacious, very nicely appointed with everything you could need and a huge balcony. It was perfectly comfortable for the 3 of us. The first time you walk in and see the view is just breath-taking, and makes the long day of travel completely worth it. The resort staff (with the new management company) could not have been more friendly and helpful. They did everything they could to make our stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. One thing we didn't really expect but used a lot was the free (tips appreciated of course) shuttle service the resort provided. It pretty much cancelled out the need for a rental car for us. They will take you to and from Red Hook (which includes the ferry to St. John), Lindquist beach, Coki beach and to a grocery store (I believe). Also, the on site restaurant, Panga, was one of our favorites of the week, we ate there for at least two of our dinners and made use of the gift certificate the condo owner provides. The food is excellent! The resort's beach is very small but there is decent snorkeling there. However, you are super close to amazing beaches (Lindquist, Coki, Sapphire and more). We went to 6 different beaches during our stay, including Trunk Bay on St. John. We also really enjoyed Coral World, which you can see from the resort and is within the resort's shuttle service. We also had a fabulous day on one of the resorts' recommended sailboat charters, it was one of the highlights of our trip! All in all, we had a wonderful vacation and were very pleased with the resort and our choice of condo. Mike, the owner, was very helpful with all our questions and made sure that we had everything we needed for a wonderful stay. We would definitely stay at D-23 again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Shawn D
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Our team is so happy to hear that the three of you enjoyed yourselves! 6 Beaches in 7 days- -WOW! Next time we only ask that you let us tag along! We hope to see you back at Point Pleasant soon and thank you for your kind words!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went to the resort to get on a chartered sailboat. We took a taxi from the cruise ship port and as soon as we arrived at Point Pleasant we were very impressed. The lobby staff were so polite, it was a beautiful, well furnished area with an awesome view. Charlie (shuttle driver) was awesome, he drove us down to the docks from the lobby since it is quite a walk, and after our charter we enjoyed a drink at the bat and another ride from Charlie up the hill to out waiting taxi. We are seriously considering coming back to St. Thomas ans would stay here from what we saw and the people we met.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank GadgetMedic
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
What a nice compliment after such a short visit! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we certainly hope that when you do come back to St. Thomas that you will allow us to be your hosts!
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this trip last minute and were skeptical of what was in store. Immediately the view was amazing. It seemed sugar beach was in ur own private beach. The views are amazing. Staff friendly and helpful. I will go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Thomas M
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words after all, who doesn't love diamonds? We hope you'll be back to see us and the views very soon!
Conroe
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a great time! Good exercise walking up and down the stairs! I HIGHLY recommend chartering the sailboat there at the resort...great snorkeling and lunch, a fun time and the crew were a lot of fun! The only negative was the lack of a real restaurant (it was under construction) but the shuttle in to red hook was a great alternative. I would love to come here and stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kimbomamahut
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your sailing adventure and your stay here at Point Pleasant! We hope that you will be back soon and that we will be able to offer a finer dining closer to "home." Please keep in touch!
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

LOVE this place! Management is great, rental property is great, view is great...... Even the snorkeling from their little Sugar Beach is great! You won't find a better place for the price. The view from our balcony was breathtaking!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms in the entire resort!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LS4HAJ
Thank you for taking the time to eave us some feedback! We love hearing our guest's experiences and are always happy to hear they found value in our property. We hope that you come back and see us and the beautiful views very soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here July 14th - July 19th. The view alone from this place is breathtaking. Upon arrival we were greeted by Anthony who went over all the information we would need during our stay. He also gave us an overview of what kind of excursions that they can help coordinate for you. He gave us some really great freshly ground coffee that lasted us the entire week. Anthony personally took us to our villa and showed us around. He was so nice and charming, you can't help but to like him. Actually all the staff you couldn't help but like. They all seemed genuinely friendly, almost like family or a really good friends.
We stayed in A5, I heard the A building is the most popular because it has the best view. My room was on the 2nd level and I think it was the best view they have. There is a website that shows the views, and I think the picture does not do the view justice. You really have to see it in person to actually appreciate the true beauty of the ocean and islands. It is a large balcony, that fit 2 lounge chairs, a table and 4 chairs. I spent as much time possible on the balcony, the feeling I had on the balcony was so serene. I'm not naturally a morning person, but for some reason during the my stay in the Villa my body naturally woke up early in time to watch the sunrise. The room was spacious and tastefully decorate. A5 decor has a tropical feel, the place decorated with tropical fish, sea shells, turtles and lizards. I was able to view a different room and noticed furniture and decor was totally different.
I also want to mention that the room was stocked with almost anything you may need when traveling. The kitchen had just as much stuff as my kitchen at home. Like, all kinds of spices, oil, vinegars, sugars, sugar alternatives, bottled water, pot and pans of all sizes, any server or utensils you may need. Coffee maker, mugs, glasses, several sizes of plates, saran wrap, cleaners. OK I won't list anymore stuff because it's way too much. But just know you really don't need to bring anything. You just may want to buy basic foods like eggs, bread, meat and milk.
They also had beach/pool stuff. Plenty of towels, hats, beach blankets, coolers, etc...
Transportation around the island was easy. They have a shuttle, which is basically a comfortable jeep and either Charlie or Willie drove us around to the close areas. Like beaches that are close by, Red Hook where there are a bunch of bars and restaurants, and a ferry to St John. There is also an option to take a safari bus, it's $1 and it basically travels on the same loop. There's one every 5- 10 minutes that drives by the entrance of the resort. If you want to take a taxi, depending on where you went the cost was $5 -$ 8 a person.

Some issues that annoyed me but got over:
Once we called for a shuttle bus to pick us up from Red Hook, we waited 30 minutes on the side walk. We called again to ask what happened and the driver said he never got the message. Which I believe. When your on the shuttle you hear the front desk giving the driver to instructions to pick someone up. The driver is supposed to confirm he heard the message, but in this case I think the front desk didn't check if the message was received. Although very annoyed at the time, I got over it. Out of the several times we used the shuttle this was the only trouble we had. Tip - if possible have a cell phone, if your service provides it or rent a cell phone. We found it annoying to always ask a restaurant or bar to do us a favor and call the shuttle for us when needed.

Ants - I noticed several ants in some areas. Once I mistakenly left a crumb on the dining table, I saw several ants on the table. But I have to remember I'm on an island and bugs are just part of nature. There was ant spray in the room. So I just sprayed the sections where I felt there were problems and the ant problem went a way. And I made sure not to drop a crumb of food anywhere. And wipe all spills immediately.

Lack of nearby restaurants - on our first day to the resort we didn't really want to venture out because we were tired from traveling. The resort only has 1 restaurant at the moment. To get to it you have to walk downhill by either a trail or go down the main road. Going downhill isn't too bad of a walk, it's the walking back up the hill to get to our room. I have to admit I took frequents stops on my way back to our room. The only restaurant they have is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. It was a Monday when we decided to check the restaurant out, so it was a pain that we made those hikes for nothing. But as soon as we got back to the lobby, the shuttle took us somewhere to eat. We ate at Fishtails in Redhook. They have great happy hour deals and good food. They also serve breakfast. Redhook is a 5 minute drive from the resort.

We had a plumbing issue: at one point our water pressure was REALLY low and would stop running after a minute. We called front desk and they were able to fix it the next day. Because they couldn't fix the problem immediately, they let me shower in the room below us that was vacant. The maintenance guy was so nice and very apologetic for the inconvenience.

So we did have a few issues, but all of them ended up being resolved. I would absolutely go back to exact same room.

A big THANK YOU to Aaron & Anthony for helping us settle in, coordinating our excursions, helping us check out. We also loved both shuttle drivers Willie and Charlie. Willie is such a character and Charlie was really sweet. The girls at the front desk were also great, I'm sorry I didn't catch there names but they were so helpful when it came to making reservations and calling taxis and the shuttle for us. They were all very hospitable by nature it seemed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marie D
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for getting to know us and for your forgiving nature of our beautiful island. We understand that some of these issues can be seen as set backs and we always appreciate a guest taking the time to help us better our property. We hope that your next stay with us will allow for opportunity on our end to impress you and make some fun memories! Thank you for letting us be your hosts, we look forward to your return.
Milford, NJ
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Point Pleasant Beach Resort for the first time 7/12-7/19/14, booked through Cheap Caribbean. There is new management at the resort but because we booked in the winter the old management company handled our check in, they are very disorganized and glad to see that the resort will now have the new management company... who are AWESOME!!! Once we checked in the new management co. took over helping us. Anthony and Aaron are great and will help with anything you need or want to do. They always had a smile and made us feel very well taken care of. Our room was more than we could hope for (B19) the views and wrap around deck were incredible. The room was very nicely furnished and had everything we could need. The resort is built on a hill so you need to be able to do steps. They do offer a shuttle around the resort and to Red Hook and local beaches. Willie and Charlie are the shuttle drivers and do a great job.
Tips and things we did.
*Sugar beach at the resort is very nice and quiet. We did a little snorkeling there. Reserve the kayaking tour through the resort 9-11am really fun.
* If you go to Coki Beach, don't go when there is a cruise ship in, very crowded. Or go early morning or late afternoon when that crowd is gone.
* Sapphire Beach is nice, walk down to the right away from the public beach, They have a nice pool and beach bar too. Good snorkeling to the right. We ate lunch twice at Panga, Loved the Conch fritters, burgers and chicken wrap
* Places we ate in Red Hook and didn't have a bad meal. Fish Trap for great seafood, Caribbean Saloon has really good steaks,
* Definitely go to St. John. Take the ferry out of Red Hook. we did 3 trips over during our week.
St. John is laid back and 75% of the island is National park.
* Once off ferry get a taxi $5. to Caneel Bay, There is a public trail at the resort to Honeymoon Beach. You can rent kayaks, paddle boards. Great snorkeling and beautiful quiet beach. (7 minute walk on a nice trail wide trail) Stop at the Caneel Bay, Sunset bar for a drink on the way back, beautiful setting.
* St. John: Cinnamon Bay Large beautiful beach. Rentals, Food... $6. taxi
* St. John: Trunk Bay, go on a day there are no Cruise Ships. GREAT snorkeling trail and beautiful beach. $6. Taxi Food, and rentals
St. John Happy hour and places we ate: Happy hour at Virgin Fire in Mongoose Junction..good apps and drinks. Had dinner twice at High Tide in Cruz Bay. 4-7 Happy Hour had the Jerk Chicken and Teriyaki Steak both were delicious.
* Beach Bar for happy hour and sandwiches and apps. On the beach in Cruz Bay. Great for sunset..fun bar great drinks..tried the drink the painkiller.(like an unfrozen pina coloda, sprinkled with nutmeg, Dangerously good! A resident has a pig that likes to take a swim just before sunset, his name is Ziggy, Really funny.
* Time the ferry back to St. Thomas right, and you have a sunset cruise. 7pm
* Take a later ferry and see the stars. Saw my first shooting star.
Had a great vacation, Point Pleasant staff couldn't have been better, would high recommend the resort.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank chrismcw
Thank you for the guest tips! We know that our future guests as well as our team appreciates the time you took to share your experience with us. We hope to see you sooner rather than later we will save some sunshine and a quiet spot in the sand for you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East End
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
#1 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,401 reviews
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa

Been to Point Pleasant Resort? Share your experiences!